PDA

View Full Version : New coins

Maximus
02-13-2006, 12:56 PM
From DR1:

RD$10 and RD$25 coins
The Central Bank will issue new RD$10 and RD$25 coins later this month. The RD$10 coin will bear the face of Matias Ramon Mella, one of the country's founding fathers, and the RD$25 coin will show General Gregorio Luperon, a hero of the Restoration, as reported by Diario Libre. The RD$10 bills currently in use will remain valid until their useful life expires. The new coins will be minted by one of the seven leading companies in the world, which is to be selected soon.

Don Tomas
02-13-2006, 01:11 PM
Let's get some RD$10 peso notes and sell them on eBay as Rare and Valuable, Sunny, Caribbean Island...

Maximus
02-21-2006, 07:39 PM
Not sure if that DR1 link is up yet- I don't see it :confused:

This is in it today:

RD$10 and RD$25 coins, and change
The Central Bank has announced that RD$10 nickel coins with a bronze center, and RD$25 copper-nickel coins will be available soon. These coins are being produced by Royal Canadian Mint. The RD$10 coin will eventually replace the RD$10 bill that is not being re-ordered. The government will also not reorder the RD$20 bill. The new coins reduce the cost of money in circulation and facilitate paying tolls.
Furthermore, the Governor of the Central Bank Hector Valdez Albizu said that the bank still has a two-year supply of 1 cent, 5 cent, 10 cent, 25 cent and 50 cent coins. He said that businesses should request the coins from the bank in order to make correct change.
Consumer organizations are complaining that stores do not give consumers back their full change, making additional gains.

Phoenix
02-21-2006, 07:40 PM
Damn I am gonna miss the 20 Peso note moto concho token

JuanElGriego
02-21-2006, 08:11 PM
Oh shit not more coins!!!!!

God i hate those fucking things.

I would throw all the 1 peso coins in the garbage and keep the 5 peso ones for the motoconchos.

I remember bumping into Apos and some NYC'ers at the Europa and they said they heard me coming from a mile away with all those fucking coins i had jingling in my shorts. They also said to watch out cuz once the little Haitian kids heard me walking i'd be under attack, lol.