PDA

View Full Version : $650 for 3 days????

kris boog
11-19-2007, 08:08 PM
My situation at home looks like it might allow me to slip out of the country for a quick 3 day romp in DR. The problem is that the prices that I am seeing are hovering around $650, for the weekend of Jan 3 - 6, from New York. What do you guys think :iconTU: :icontd: ??

I haven't been there since May 07, and I feel like I could really use the break, but $650 is pretty steep.

the_Jayman
11-19-2007, 08:24 PM
FUCK IT ! ! !

TOSS IT ON THE CREDIT CARD AND GO . . . GO . . . GO ! ! !

I paid close to that for my July 4th last min trip . . .

Apos
11-19-2007, 08:34 PM
i paid that for my "surprise" trip to BC october 2006...WTF if you want it go for it!
FUCK IT ! ! !

TOSS IT ON THE CREDIT CARD AND GO . . . GO . . . GO ! ! !

I paid close to that for my July 4th last min trip . . .

knotty
11-19-2007, 09:02 PM
i doubt anyone is gonna tell you no on this. man, if it ain't gonna hurt your pockets, then get your ticket and start your countdown.

eldorob
11-19-2007, 09:21 PM
I'll say no, $650 is a lot of pesos you can be spending on entertainment...

I don't know who your flying on but go to the Continental site, punch in EWR to POP, Jan 13 thru what ever, play around with the dates and you'll find some prices of $345 with taxes....that's only about 10 more days from when you wanted to go...

Your trying to fly too close to the holidays....that's why your getting the high prices...

TPdog
11-19-2007, 10:14 PM
If you need a break and you are not borrowing the money I would do it in a heart beat. You only live once and that is a good time of the year to be in town. If you could pull off coming back on Tuesday the trip would be $150.00 cheaper and you could use that money for banging chica's!!!
Wait until Tuesday-Thursday to see if airline prices go down. Unfortunatly they have been ramping up because of gas prices and you might just bite the bullet and pay!

SJG
11-20-2007, 09:12 AM
EWR to POP cheapest prices are traveling Thursday to Thursday.

El Capitan
11-20-2007, 09:18 AM
If you change your destinations perhaps to FLL (Lauderdale on Jet Blue) and then to SDQ (on Spirit), you may save a few pesos as well.....

greydread
11-20-2007, 09:36 AM
384993]My situation at home[/YELLOW] looks like it might allow me to slip out of the country for a quick 3 day romp in DR. The problem is that the prices that I am seeing are hovering around $650, for the weekend of Jan 3 - 6, from New York. What do you guys think :iconTU: :icontd: ??

I haven't been there since May 07, and I feel like I could really use the break, but $650 is pretty steep.
The highlit words tell the tale. Your priority is availability, not economy so I would urge you to follow your 1st instinct and go. It's only an extra couple hundred for the flight but the memories and experiences you'll gain without having to use a "kitchen pass" are priceless.

Use "the force" and go have yourself a great time while you can slip in and out under the radar.

Jimbo44
11-20-2007, 02:53 PM
EWR to POP cheapest prices are traveling Thursday to Thursday.

True story, that is why I am going on 12/20 - 12/27 after I come back from my Thanksgiving trip!!

kris boog
11-20-2007, 07:16 PM
[quote=greydread;385144]The highlit words tell the tale. Your priority is availability, not economy so I would urge you to follow your 1st instinct and go. It's only an extra couple hundred for the flight but the memories and experiences you'll gain without having to use a "kitchen pass" are priceless.

You hit it right on the head. I know traveling on other days would be cheaper, but this opportunity looks to be presenting itself. If everything goes as expected, I think I'll have to pull the trigger. I should know within a week or so...... I know it's a lot, but I'm getting the DR itch though.....:rofl: