PDA

View Full Version : Pickpocket chicas in Sosua

ilikenyacional
02-15-2006, 02:56 AM
On January 23 or 24, a couple of chicas tried to pickpocket me.

I was walking on the mainstreet, Pedro Clisante, between Sosua Life and Merengue at about 4:30am when 2 unattractive chicas came to me to talk.

One was talking and the other was grabbing me, but very gently. I've said no, I'm not interested in nothing and they left. Immediately, I go check in my front pocket and my money was gone. I go after the grabbing chica, seized her arms and put her against the wall. At this point, she was not touching the ground and her friend was gone. I've said to her give me my money, no, no, I have nothing. I pushed her more firmly against the wall and tell her :"Mi dinero o tu vida". She quickly said yes and gave me my money. After that, she started running away.

It was only like 3 or 4 hundred pesos, but take care of these ladrones. They're not even whore, only profesional pickpocket. And they are very good at it. I never felt anything and it's only because I was not too drunk to think that I got it.

I've never saw them again in the next 2 weeks of my stay. Now, when walking on the street at night, I have always my hand in my cash pocket.

weyland
02-15-2006, 03:09 AM
How good are these pickpockets? Was the cash she took in an open pocket, or buttoned or zipped?

My only previous trip was mostly spent in the largely sheltered environment of Blackbeards, though even there I was stolen from while asleep. During my March trip I plan to get out and about a lot more from my base at FoD. I plan to only carry enough cash for that day/evening and to split it between two or more buttoned or zipped pockets at the front of my cargo pants, so if the worst happens I am hopefully not stuck for a cab fare back to the hotel. And I will surely avoid any chica or chico who approaches me rather than vice versa. And I never drink much. Is that about the best I can do?

ilikenyacional
02-15-2006, 03:15 AM
How good are these pickpockets? Was the cash she took in an open pocket, or buttoned or zipped?

My only previous trip was mostly spent in the largely sheltered environment of Blackbeards, though even there I was stolen from while asleep. During my March trip I plan to get out and about a lot more from my base at FoD. I plan to only carry enough cash for that day/evening and to split it between two or more buttoned or zipped pockets at the front of my cargo pants, so if the worst happens I am hopefully not stuck for a cab fare back to the hotel. And I will surely avoid any chica or chico who approaches me rather than vice versa. And I never drink much. Is that about the best I can do?

They are very good. It's not a problem in bar/disco and during day. The best thing to do is, when walking late at night, put your hand on your cash and leave it there at all time.

gdogg
02-15-2006, 06:49 AM
The pickpockets are very good. I've told this story before, but I was approached by a chica who tried to robbed me. She came up to me rubbing my butt and crotch. I immediately went for my wallet and met her hand. I then threw her to the ground and walked away.

Always react this way if a chica just comes up to you and starts grabbing. Even if you have no success with girls at home, don't take this as flattery. You can get all the chicas you want, so you don't have to accept this kind of attention. Sorry, I'm rambling again...

lonesoul
02-15-2006, 10:21 AM
I agree the same thing happened to me. It seems like they prey on guys late at night, thinking we are drunk.

This one UGLY chica came up to me grabbing my cock, but I had just read that this was her game. I also saw two little guys not to far away. Not sure if they were with her, but they didn't say anything when I told her to get the fuck away from me.

Just watch your back. Take a moto if you are that drunk at night. You don't have to, but if you are nervous...its an option

LM
02-15-2006, 01:16 PM
The one that got a hold of me last Sept., was middle of the afternoon, I grabbed her hand as it was entering my pocket.....she jumped off a moto-concho ran across the road to me as I was walking back to the Palace, tried to do the cock-grabbing thing, I was on my guard because I had read about this before. I squeezed her hand real tight till it must of hurt her, and she fucked off across the road. She was also pregnant.

the_Jayman
02-15-2006, 07:03 PM
I been pick-pocketed twice in my life . . . both in the past year and both times in Sosua . . .

they didn't get much but damn if it don't piss ya off ! ! (carefull guys)

(ps. both times I was piss drunk and the money (a few hundred to 1000 pesos) was just in a regular lose front pocket)

knotty
02-15-2006, 07:04 PM
i've been lucky where this hasn't happened to me, yet. Soon as they get close to me my hand is in my pocket.

gdogg
02-15-2006, 07:47 PM
i've been lucky where this hasn't happened to me, yet. Soon as they get close to me my hand is in my pocket.

Exactly! That should be a natural reaction. I didn't drink at all on my first four trips, but on the last three, I gotten buck wild (FUCK YOU, EL D AND JAYMAN!!). Fortunately, on the earlier trips, I developed the habit of always checking my pockets when dealing with chicas who come up to me. So now, even when "buzzed", it's still automatic!!

knotty
02-15-2006, 08:33 PM
Exactly! That should be a natural reaction. I didn't drink at all on my first four trips, but on the last three, I gotten buck wild (FUCK YOU, EL D AND JAYMAN!!). Fortunately, on the earlier trips, I developed the habit of always checking my pockets when dealing with chicas who come up to me. So now, even when "buzzed", it's still automatic!!

one of the 1st moves i've learned and stuck with. Like one of those lines from one of my favorite moves "Get your haaaannndss out of my pocket"

gdogg
02-15-2006, 09:19 PM
one of the 1st moves i've learned and stuck with. Like one of those lines from one of my favorite moves "Get your haaaannndss out of my pocket"

Malcolm X?

knotty
02-15-2006, 10:13 PM
Malcolm X?

you got it right.

nomad
03-24-2006, 09:56 PM
They are very good. It's not a problem in bar/disco and during day. The best thing to do is, when walking late at night, put your hand on your cash and leave it there at all time.

1. This is an old scam that chicas in DR have been doing for years.

2. Bullshit!! It used to happen in the Caribe disco often. I had a chica try this in Latino's. She would not leave me alone. I used the same words sort of, I held her against the wall and said "Tu quero usted es CON vida or SIN vida?, no importe por me". Security got her and I left with a bro who was also tired of the bitches there. Security and the head bartender knew me well. I would not recommend anyone else grab a chica like I did.

If it was Beas they would have made him give the chica $500 pesos because they thought he was drunk and forgot to pay her for a BBBJ in the bathroom. LMAO :)

Nomad

BrooklynBeas
03-24-2006, 10:22 PM
chances are not buddy... by now i know enough people in the area for them to be on my side 100% but thanks for the little shot to the mid section... see ya soon bud!

nomad
03-25-2006, 03:29 AM
chances are not buddy... by now i know enough people in the area for them to be on my side 100% but thanks for the little shot to the mid section... see ya soon bud!

So true. Beas would not let her get away with just a BBBJ.

I will not reveal details but she would probably have to wash her face after he was done.

As he pulled her sisters phone number out of his pocket. Fucking monger!!!!

Nomad/Don

p.s. She might be calling him PAPI! as he was with her mother his last trip!!!!! Nothing is safe when Beas is in DR.

Maybe I will have to tell my wife you want a steady girlfriend. Oh yeah. Lets see who knocks on C4? LMAO!

Don Tomas
03-25-2006, 03:49 AM
Malcolm X?

Odd I don't remember that part in the movie. Where about was it?

PS. Great movie so glad Spike Lee showed the real Malcolm X, people have a fucked up view of Muslims especially after 9/11!

gdogg
03-25-2006, 03:56 AM
That's what the assassins screamed to cause the commotion before the shooting.

Don Tomas
03-25-2006, 03:57 AM
That's what the assassins screamed to cause the commotion before the shooting.

Ok now I remember, sorry while I like Spike Lee, he could use a better editor on some of his movies, you almost need an entire day to watch a movie of his! aka Loooooooooooooooong ass movies!

mirage6
03-25-2006, 10:02 AM
what about in the clubs when these girls are all over u and shit do they try to pick pocket you there as well or what

the_Jayman
03-25-2006, 02:57 PM
both times I got pick-pocketed I was in a bar/club.

I never felt a thing . . . I figured it out when I went to the bar to buy another drink and FUCK . . . no pesos.

best defense for the drunk is to carry as little cash as possible and nothing of value. Walet passport EVERYTHING stays locked up at the hotel.

Jimmydr
03-25-2006, 03:57 PM
what about in the clubs when these girls are all over u and shit do they try to pick pocket you there as well or what
Carry what you need for drinks only.

nomad
03-25-2006, 04:10 PM
Carry what you need for drinks only.

So true. Only carry what you need. I always keep my passport, credit cards locked up in my apartment. I do carry a photo copy of my passport but that is all.

Nomad

Beads
03-25-2006, 07:21 PM
I encountered this at night also. Chica walks up to grope you and trys your pocket. Best advise only carry what you need. Wear cargo shorts with a buttoned or zippered pocket. Some even have an inside pocket.Use a money belt. Wear Jeans and stash the pesos in the front pocket. Always be aware of where your pesos are and if a chica walks up to you keep one hand in the pocket with your pesos AT ALL TIMES. Dont think your too good to be pickpocketed because thats how some of these people survive day to day so be aware it happens and suspect every person who walks up to you male or female is going to try.

the_Jayman
03-25-2006, 07:41 PM
I do carry a photo copy of my passport

FAG ! ! :D

JuanElGriego
03-25-2006, 08:25 PM
I remember someone starting a thread about "monger pants". It should be a sticky, imo.

Everything i where in the DR (shorts/pants) is cargo where i keep my shit in pockets either zippered or buttoned up. I keep nothing in the regular pockets.

I'm in the discos all night/every night and i've never been pickpocketed. Maybe i've just been lucky or maybe they've tried and came up with nothing in the pockets without me knowing, i can't be sure, but i think if they actually tried to get into the zippered or buttoned parts i'd realize it.

3somefan
03-25-2006, 08:41 PM
Thanks guys for this post...helps out alot!

TropicBob
03-25-2006, 08:50 PM
I've gotten into the habit of playing "pocket billards" when walking past Sosua Life and Meruenge Bar or when two girls come up to me on the street at night.
I only loss money once, never again!

RickRock
03-25-2006, 09:07 PM
My nephew was pick pocketed in some Disco in Sosua when we were both there.. they got like 6,000 pesos or something. It's never happened to me.

Jimmydr
03-25-2006, 09:08 PM
My nephew was pick pocketed in some Disco in Sosua when we were both there.. they got like 6,000 pesos or something. It's never happened to me.
Why carry 6,000?

DRJones
03-25-2006, 09:19 PM
Get a money belt and one of those wallets that zip and hang on your belt so you put it inside your pants. Do a search for security wallets on google and you'll find several options including socks with zipper pockets, ankle wallets, etc. There have also been a rash of cell phone rips in Sosua and Cabarete.

ilikenyacional
03-25-2006, 09:45 PM
Why carry 6,000?

That's a lot of drinking money...

Beads
03-26-2006, 01:04 PM
That's a lot of drinking money...

An expensive bar night in Sosua can run 3000 pesos for booze and tips.Thats without a good dinner also!

Jimmydr
03-26-2006, 01:23 PM
An expensive bar night in Sosua can run 3000 pesos for booze and tips.Thats without a good dinner also!

Sounds about right when 2 guys have 4 meals.

Beads
03-26-2006, 01:33 PM
Sounds about right when 2 guys have 4 meals.

We do like to eat well. lol.Damn waiters still couldnt get our orders right this trip! We did find a way to speed up service though! After Charlie tucked the tablecloth into his pants, got up and headed for the bathroom our food did come out in record time! ( I guess they didnt like cleaning up broken classes and spilled win and beer on the floors). They got lucky we saved the lit candles or the place could have went up in flames!

nomad
03-26-2006, 10:09 PM
We do like to eat well. lol.Damn waiters still couldnt get our orders right this trip! We did find a way to speed up service though! After Charlie tucked the tablecloth into his pants, got up and headed for the bathroom our food did come out in record time! ( I guess they didnt like cleaning up broken classes and spilled win and beer on the floors). They got lucky we saved the lit candles or the place could have went up in flames!

Beads,

Where the heck did you eat? Candles?

Nomad

Apos
03-26-2006, 10:26 PM
Beads,

Where the heck did you eat? Candles?

Nomad

Mauri Mai i think...about my favorite restaurant in Sosua...next to Bailey's anyway. La Roca is overrated...gone downhill anyway.:)

Beads
03-26-2006, 10:30 PM
Maura Mai they had candles out on the tables for Valentines day. It had been raining all day and we didnt give a fuck cause it was our first day and we were drunk and soaked. We just showed up. They told us our table was reserved for someone else but after soon realizing how many of us there were we could have that table.I saw Alexandra telling the waiter who told us no something and then all of a sudden this reserved table was ours.

The place was filled with couples all dressed up like they were going to a fancy dinner. And then there was us being loud and breaking stuff in the corner.It was comical.

Jthomas
04-04-2006, 07:53 PM
Maura Mai they had candles out on the tables for Valentines day. It had been raining all day and we didnt give a fuck cause it was our first day and we were drunk and soaked. We just showed up. They told us our table was reserved for someone else but after soon realizing how many of us there were we could have that table.I saw Alexandra telling the waiter who told us no something and then all of a sudden this reserved table was ours.

The place was filled with couples all dressed up like they were going to a fancy dinner. And then there was us being loud and breaking stuff in the corner.It was comical.

I am sure they really hated you guys being there! All the way to the bank. Money talks.

Jthomas
04-04-2006, 07:54 PM
La Roca is still a good place for lunch. I gotta have those spring rolls every time I am in town. ONLY order off the locals menu!