PDA

View Full Version : Peace and Quiet in Sosua?

Bug Boy
02-15-2006, 12:20 PM
Hotel Waterfront

If you like to mix your vacation with some fun with the ladies, some fun in the sun, and some rest and relaxation than maybe Hotel Waterfront is for you. Room rates are $25-$40 USD depending upon the season. The rooms are barebones basic. A bed and a spread, no TV, but you do have a small fridge. Most rooms are small cabanas but there are also two larger buildings. This is not a place to play loud music and party with the chicas at 3am. If you were doing a long stay, Hotel Waterfront would be ideal to wind down as the trip ends.

On the same property of Hotel Waterfront is On the Waterfront Restaurant. This restaurant has to be one of the top five restaurants in Sosua. Dinner for two can range from $40-$100 USD. Go with the daily specials, you can’t go wrong.

Individual cabanas, two beds, bath, small fridg, no TV

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f241/bqribs/Img_0186.jpg

View of the main walkway

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f241/bqribs/Img_0187.jpg

Lush tropical garden

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f241/bqribs/Img_0188.jpg

On the Waterfront Restaurant, daily specials $300-$495 RD

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f241/bqribs/Img_0189.jpg

View of Playa Alicia, less than 100 meters from your front door

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f241/bqribs/Img_0167.jpg

Señor Jimmy of Medellin
02-15-2006, 12:27 PM
I stayed here and it was fine.

JuanElGriego
02-15-2006, 12:49 PM
I also stayed there in Sept. and like Herb said, barebones. If all you want is an inexpensive place to rest your head, this is it.

1) They allow visitors but they charge you (don't remember how much) for each one.

2) The entrance is located on at the bottom of a dead-end street, so be careful. In my first trip report i mentioned someone had gotten chased into there by some guys looking to rob him.

Señor Jimmy of Medellin
02-15-2006, 01:12 PM
I also stayed there in Sept. and like Herb said, barebones. If all you want is an inexpensive place to rest your head, this is it.

1) They allow visitors but they charge you (don't remember how much) for each one.

2) The entrance is located on at the bottom of a dead-end street, so be careful. In my first trip report i mentioned someone had gotten chased into there by some guys looking to rob him.

Use to be no charge?

ilikenyacional
02-15-2006, 02:05 PM
Yes very quiet place, especially after 3 weeks at Rocky. I' ve stayed there on my last night. The view from the terrace is great. Very relaxing place.

You must take a moto at night, I would not want to walk that road at night with no light.

So, if quiet is your priority, go there. For me Rocky is better because I don't want to rely on motoconchos at night and even with no light, it's never a problem going to Rocky.

LM
02-15-2006, 02:12 PM
Yes very quiet place, especially after 3 weeks at Rocky. I' ve stayed there on my last night. The view from the terrace is great. Very relaxing place.

You must take a moto at night, I would not want to walk that road at night with no light.

So, if quiet is your priority, go there. For me Rocky is better because I don't want to rely on motoconchos at night and even with no light, it's never a problem going to Rocky.

Hey, are you still in the DR or are you home now

psriches
02-15-2006, 02:19 PM
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f241/bqribs/Img_0167.jpgHey, i know this chica. We were supposed to hook up one night when she was working at VIP but i couldn't seem to fit her in my schedule. Did i miss out on something special???

ilikenyacional
02-15-2006, 02:36 PM
Hey, are you still in the DR or are you home now

At home since 10pm yesterday. My 25 days in Sosua are over.

When are you leaving for Havana ?

LM
02-15-2006, 02:41 PM
At home since 10pm yesterday. My 25 days in Sosua are over.

When are you leaving for Havana ?

Sunday morning....:D

You were delayed getting home.......what was your flight route
Kevyboy and I got fucked up in Newark

ilikenyacional
02-15-2006, 02:58 PM
I was supposed to leave sunday feb12 but when I checked on saturday, my flight was already cancelled. I ask them to put me on the feb14 flight.

I was flying Continental POP-EWR-YQB.

Now, I will see if I cannot have some voucher from them due to the additionnal expenses caused by that 2 more days.

If I can have something, I will be a very lucky man: 2 more days in Sosua and a voucher to return, Gracias a Dios !

I can see myself with you seating on the Malecon drinking some Crystal and smoking. Enjoy it.

LM
02-15-2006, 03:13 PM
I can see myself with you seating on the Malecon drinking some Crystal and smoking. Enjoy it.

The plane is not full...;)

Apos
02-15-2006, 04:48 PM
i stayed at the waterfront my first night...in one of the larger buildings. very similar to rocky's really for the level of room but nice enough. apparantly they charge 300 pesos if you bring a guest but as i passed out alone i'm not sure.

if you book at rocky's, as i did, and he's full you can get a room there at the same rate...but only if he's full. Marco also mentioned that they probably wouldn't charge me anything for a chica...i assume since he got me the room.

all in all i'd rather be at Rocky's for the location but i'd certainly consider the waterfront if i could get a cabana and no charge for the chicas.

Bug Boy
02-15-2006, 04:57 PM
all in all i'd rather be at Rocky's for the location but i'd certainly consider the waterfront if i could get a cabana and no charge for the chicas.

As far as location you can't beat Rocky's. If you want a place to get away and relax when you are in the mood I gotta go with the Waterfront. Clean pool, and a hop, skip, and a jump to the ocean. The Waterfront is a nice place to "chill" with a chica. One long block up the hill and a half block you are at Rockys. If you don't mind walking it is great.

I paid the double rate and lucked out with cabana #1. I never had to pay a chica fee. The night guard will try to shake you down for 300 pesos. Tell him you paid for a double. If he still gives you a problem, pay the 300 pesos and report his ass in the morning.

Apos
02-15-2006, 05:02 PM
i like the waterfront but after getting mugged i'm a bit wary of long, dark, lonely, isolated streets at night...then again i understand there are these things called "moto conchos" so i might be okay.:D

last year i would have had no issues with the walk but i found it dangerous.:mad:

the real bonus is the food stall in the parkinglot just west of the restaurant...GREAT FOOD!:clap2::clap:

Phoenix
02-15-2006, 09:43 PM
The plane is not full...;)

Fuck You! Get your ass to Cuba :D

LM
02-15-2006, 09:44 PM
Fuck You! Get your ass to Cuba :D

Ok...I'm going, I'm going already....:D

psriches
02-15-2006, 10:23 PM
i need a tv for down time........

the_Jayman
02-15-2006, 10:56 PM
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f241/bqribs/Img_0167.jpg

I Like pictures . . . I really like pictures of chicas . . . I really REALLY like pictures of chicas with their high beams on ! !

THANKS HERB ! !

Bug Boy
02-17-2006, 02:18 PM
I Like pictures . . . I really like pictures of chicas . . . I really REALLY like pictures of chicas with their high beams on ! !

THANKS HERB ! !

Leave it to you Jayman, the tittie expert. You are probably one of the very few who noticed her nipples! Her nipples reminded me of the eraser on a pencil!

WSJ3
02-17-2006, 07:15 PM
Hey, i know this chica. We were supposed to hook up one night when she was working at VIP but i couldn't seem to fit her in my schedule. Did i miss out on something special???

Look at that chicas nipples...

My STRUDEL likes...

TEE HEE...

JD
02-17-2006, 09:08 PM
Leave it to you Jayman, the tittie expert. You are probably one of the very few who noticed her nipples! Her nipples reminded me of the eraser on a pencil!

I noticed the nipple activity on my first viewing as well but then again I figure most of us on this site wouldn't have missed them. Very nice.

JD