PDA

View Full Version : New Web design

remyman41
12-04-2007, 02:23 PM
Hey DT how is the new design coming along?

Don Tomas
12-04-2007, 03:57 PM
Hey DT how is the new design coming along?

Sharp learning curve with Flash. :(

Also being anal retentive doesn't help when searching for "perfection".

Coolhand
12-05-2007, 05:46 PM
DT doesnt flash use alot of Bandwidth and I read that google doesnt like Flash? I tried flash before its a real beast.

Beads
12-05-2007, 05:58 PM
DT doesnt flash use alot of Bandwidth and I read that google doesnt like Flash? I tried flash before its a real beast.

The problem with flash isn't so much that a search engine (google yahoo etc) doesn't like it its that its very difficult for them to catalogue the information of the page properly. This usually results only in less search hits and a lower rank in search engine requests.

As far as bandwidth usage goes for vbulletin vs flash I don't know.One reason flash is so popular though is it uses less bandwidth for media intensive websites. Nowadays you'll find tons of websites using the flash player in particular for embedding movies.

Don Tomas
12-06-2007, 01:27 AM

Actually all I was going to use it for is to make the front page a little prettier, add a gallery with some PG-13 to R-Rated pics and some basic info about our site.

Don Tomas
12-06-2007, 01:29 AM
The problem with flash isn't so much that a search engine (google yahoo etc) doesn't like it its that its very difficult for them to catalogue the information of the page properly. This usually results only in less search hits and a lower rank in search engine requests.

As far as bandwidth usage goes for vbulletin vs flash I don't know.One reason flash is so popular though is it uses less bandwidth for media intensive websites. Nowadays you'll find tons of websites using the flash player in particular for embedding movies.

We have sub domains, so our search ranking won't be affected. I don't care if people are directed to news. (the forums) first rather then www.

See the above post for why I wanted to change the home page.