PDA

View Full Version : Hotel Tropix

tcmits
07-29-2004, 10:00 AM
Has anyone stayed at the Tropix Hotel in Sosua? Any comments about it?

Jimmydr
07-29-2004, 10:28 AM
Has anyone stayed at the Tropix Hotel in Sosua? Any comments about it?

Do they have a website, maybe if I see pictures of it I may know a few things about it.

BrooklynBeas
07-29-2004, 11:45 AM
ive never heard of it... sure its sosua?

tampabukkake
07-29-2004, 12:26 PM
I think that is the Blue hotel next to the main Playero supermarket. Funny, I was in the lot of the super this week and my chica went in I was lookng at it. It looks like a real dive! But next to the Playero and up the block from the female jail, could be convienent.

Shadow Dweller
07-29-2004, 12:35 PM
This Place?

http://www.tropixhotel.com/

tampabukkake
07-29-2004, 01:32 PM
Sorry, that is definately not the place that I was talking about, maybe it was called The Tropic.

BrooklynBeas
07-29-2004, 02:28 PM
some of you guys really amaze me... if i name a place you will find a link to the website...

Shadow Dweller
07-29-2004, 02:56 PM
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Don Tomas
07-29-2004, 03:04 PM
some of you guys really amaze me... if i name a place you will find a link to the website...

Google is the 'god of the internet'...

PS. I apologize in advance if I have offended any deeply religious nuts.

PPS. I apologize in advance for the nut part too.

BrooklynBeas
07-29-2004, 03:17 PM

Google is the 'god of the internet'...

PS. I apologize in advance if I have offended any deeply religious nuts.

PPS. I apologize in advance for the nut part too.

haha

BkBeas was just on the phone with my friends... boy am i gonna have a good report for you guys when i come back from my trip... we are planning to travel everywhere on the island from sosua-pop-santiago-la vega-mau etc...

Silly old Hector
07-29-2004, 03:28 PM
So does anybody know if this place is any good?

Room rates?

tcmits
07-29-2004, 09:02 PM
Good job finding the website Shadow. That is the correct link. Has anyone been there?

brianod
12-08-2004, 07:07 AM
The Tropix is a half block down the road to the left (as you head away from Pedro Cislante)of the El Caribe Tours bus station by the police station, Ive never staid there. The grounds are well maintained no signs of airconditioners or chicas. It does have english speaking AA meetings at noon on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday at noon, for those like myself that monger sober.

vagabond
12-08-2004, 09:16 AM
I know the founder of this group http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Sosuadominicanrepublic/
always stays there. But it's not a typical monger hotel.

Tonto4
07-21-2006, 09:38 PM
Any new info on this place?

gdogg
07-21-2006, 09:44 PM
I hung out with the owner, Deanna, at Lou's last trip. She bought the place last week from it's original owners (she's originally from Kansas City). They have this big breakfast every morning that's supposed to a must for pancake lovers. Historically, it hadn't been chica friendly, but I think it may now be chica tolerant. I don't think wild parties are allowed, however.

gdogg
07-21-2006, 09:46 PM
Link to webpage:

http://www.tropixhotel.com/

Tonto4
07-21-2006, 09:52 PM
Thanks for the new info gdogg. A little too fussy and pricey. Could be a good spot for mongers with its off the track location. It looks close to Classico and the beach.

guttaman
07-21-2006, 09:55 PM
The owner is Deeann and her friend. It is not monger friendly. If you have a novia and check into the hotel it is ok but that is the only Dominican chica seeing the inside of your room. Brianod is correct on the location. With your back to the Texico you will see a beat up road across the street. Go up the road a bit and turn left onto a crude cul de sac. It is on the left. The phone # she gave me 2 weeks ago is the same as on the web site. I got the feeling it was an alternative lifestyle sorta place. And an older crowd.

gdogg
07-21-2006, 09:59 PM
Yes, the phone number is the same one she gave. I promised her that I'd come and check it out before I left. You know how that goes.

guttaman
07-21-2006, 10:11 PM
Yes, the phone number is the same one she gave. I promised her that I'd come and check it out before I left. You know how that goes.

Ditto, i said the same thing. I can not understand why she is at Lous telling mongers about the place and then saying no whores are allowed. I asked her about it being chica friendly and she said hell no. I asked her about bringing a novia for a week and she was reluctant. I do not think she is very Dominican friendly unless they work for her. This is just on persons opinion who talked with her for a half an hour. But then again i was drinking.

mirage6
07-21-2006, 10:32 PM
oh well guess she will be closing within a year lol - not monger friendly doesnt like dominicans oh well maybe a good place to watch to purchase in the future lol

gdogg
07-21-2006, 10:36 PM
Ditto, i said the same thing. I can not understand why she is at Lous telling mongers about the place and then saying no whores are allowed. I asked her about it being chica friendly and she said hell no. I asked her about bringing a novia for a week and she was reluctant. I do not think she is very Dominican friendly unless they work for her. This is just on persons opinion who talked with her for a half an hour. But then again i was drinking.

I asked about the same stuff. She mildly acknowledged that I could bring my "girlfriend". Then again, she was having a "good time". Ask MrPink!

guttaman
07-21-2006, 10:53 PM
Needless to say, "forgetta bout it". New Garden sounds like more fun and "they like us, they really like us". Shit the vikes and Brugal are kicking in. I am quoting Sally Fields oscar acceptance speach. (A footnote about the Vikes. Sliced my tendon on my left thumb today with a razor knife and spent 45 minutes watching a plastic surgeon sew it up today.)

MisterPink
07-22-2006, 10:45 AM
Deeann was a little "tipsy" and was nice enough to buy Gdogg and myself a round.
The place is really NOT chica friendly. You would probably get away checking in with a novia. This is a quiet quaint place and really not for us.

http://www.sosuanews.com/nav_sosuanieuws.php?page=nieuws_7-2006/christians_tropix_15-7.php

guttaman
07-22-2006, 12:27 PM
Did not know that the bible belt extended to Sosua.

Phoenix
07-22-2006, 12:42 PM
Did not know that the bible belt extended to Sosua.

Exactly! I would never knowingly give any money to a bible thumping roundhead from Kansas in the USA or anywhere else. Maybe the next time dickhead RL visits the DR he can stay at her place.

Dark Knight
08-10-2006, 03:06 PM
This is an exchange that I had with the Hotel Tropix a couple of years ago. Take it for what it is worth.

From:"Sylvie Papernik" <sylvie@tropixhotel.com> Subject:RE: August 10-25, 2004Date:Mon, 28 Jun 2004 19:59:37 -0400
<DIV id=message>#message v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}#message o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}#message w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}#message .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}<DIV class=Section1>Ok, you can come, but wear your HAZMAT suit please

S.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, June 28, 2004 7:38 PM
To: Sylvie Papernik
Subject: RE: August 10-25, 2004

Sylvie,

Thank you. I certainly have that intention. And may your business interests prosper and be free of unsavory characters such as myself.

I have enjoyed our exchanges immensely. And I was serious about wanting to meet you when I am there. Perhaps we could meet in a public place away from your establishment so that I don't sully it. http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/13.gif

The Companymonger

Sylvie Papernik <sylvie@tropixhotel.com> wrote:

<BLOCKQUOTE style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: medium none; MARGIN-TOP: 5pt; PADDING-LEFT: 4pt; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 5pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; MARGIN-LEFT: 3.75pt; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 1.5pt solid; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none">Seriously, have a great holiday in the D.R.

Sylvie

Sent: Monday, June 28, 2004 3:03 AM

Why Sylvie, if you insist on referring to those poor young ladies as whores, the next thing you know, you'll be referring to me as a whoremonger. I'm insulted, i'm mortified, i'm...caught. http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/11.gif

And why would you think I am the kind of person who would not pay the agreed price for a service rendered? In all seriousness, I always pay my just debts. I have found that in doing so, I have far fewer difficulties than the prople whom I know who don't.

As I looked further at your property, I see that it is intimate and also serves as your home. Certainly I would not want to defile you home with such unsavory activities. I would not do the same to my home either, which explains why I'm going to another country, without bringing any witnesses, for my vacation. I appreciate your candor in the matter.

You have kept me entertained. When I come to town, I would like to stop by to meet you, and perhaps, have one of those delicious meals that are mentioned in the reviews of your establishment.

R

<BLOCKQUOTE style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: medium none; MARGIN-TOP: 5pt; PADDING-LEFT: 4pt; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 5pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; MARGIN-LEFT: 3.75pt; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 1.5pt solid; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none">R,

The young ladies who provide “company” as you so drolly put it are known as whores/thieves in this neck of the woods, and the only cultural information you may garner from them is the rapid loss of your wallet, or the crash of glass, if an agreed-upon price is not met, for example. I don’t need this kind of “culture” in my nice little hotel.

Regards,

Sylvie

Sent: Saturday, June 26, 2004 9:14 PM

Hi Silvie,

I know what the word thwarted means. I was just asking you what you specifically meant by it in relation to the young ladies who provide company. I was really looking for specific, perhaps cultural things, from which I might learn so that I avoid pitfalls while there. I also admit that my question was a bit tongue in cheek as indicated by the emoticon.

You did, in fact, give an account of the room in your first email. Quite frankly, I had forgotten that it was there. Thank you for reminding me.

Richard

<BLOCKQUOTE style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: medium none; MARGIN-TOP: 5pt; PADDING-LEFT: 4pt; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 5pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; MARGIN-LEFT: 3.75pt; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 1.5pt solid; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none">The $35 listed does NOT include the 10% service charge which is what I drop as a discount.

Look up thwarted in the dictionary for the best examples.
I don’t have pictures of the rooms at the moment. Look at the first email I sent you for a detailed description of the room

Sent: Saturday, June 26, 2004 5:48 PM

Hi Silvie,

Your website states that your rates start at $35 with discounts for longer stays. From where did the $38.50 come for a single person?

Also, could you give me a detailed description of the room which I would have, or even a picture if available.

I am curious as to what you mean by, "thwarted". http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/33.gif

Thanks.

Richard

<BLOCKQUOTE style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: medium none; MARGIN-TOP: 5pt; PADDING-LEFT: 4pt; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 5pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; MARGIN-LEFT: 3.75pt; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 1.5pt solid; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none">Hi,

$35 per night is the price with the discount already included (that’s $38.50 minus 10%), and that includes all taxes and fees, etc.

We do not really like prostitutes on our property, as they can cause loud problems when they’re thwarted. There are plenty of short term accommodations in town for these activities.

<FONT face=Tahoma size=2><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma">-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, June 24, 2004 4:06 PM
To:

Dark Knight
08-10-2006, 03:08 PM
Sorry. It reads from bottom to top. The first exchange begins at the bottom of the post. This is a seried of emails which I exchanged with them. Of course, I ultimately decided not to stay there, since I had been told that I was unwelcome anyway.

This is an exchange that I had with the Hotel Tropix a couple of years ago. Take it for what it is worth.

From:"Sylvie Papernik" <sylvie@tropixhotel.com> Subject:RE: August 10-25, 2004Date:Mon, 28 Jun 2004 19:59:37 -0400
<DIV id=message>#message v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}#message o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}#message w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}#message .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}<DIV class=Section1>Ok, you can come, but wear your HAZMAT suit please

S.

-Original Message-
Sent: Monday, June 28, 2004 7:38 PM

Sylvie,

Thank you. I certainly have that intention. And may your business interests prosper and be free of unsavory characters such as myself.

I have enjoyed our exchanges immensely. And I was serious about wanting to meet you when I am there. Perhaps we could meet in a public place away from your establishment so that I don't sully it. http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/13.gif

The Companymonger

<BLOCKQUOTE style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: medium none; MARGIN-TOP: 5pt; PADDING-LEFT: 4pt; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 5pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; MARGIN-LEFT: 3.75pt; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 1.5pt solid; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none">Seriously, have a great holiday in the D.R.

Sylvie

-Original Message-
Sent: Monday, June 28, 2004 3:03 AM

Why Sylvie, if you insist on referring to those poor young ladies as whores, the next thing you know, you'll be referring to me as a whoremonger. I'm insulted, i'm mortified, i'm...caught. http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/11.gif

And why would you think I am the kind of person who would not pay the agreed price for a service rendered? In all seriousness, I always pay my just debts. I have found that in doing so, I have far fewer difficulties than the prople whom I know who don't.

As I looked further at your property, I see that it is intimate and also serves as your home. Certainly I would not want to defile you home with such unsavory activities. I would not do the same to my home either, which explains why I'm going to another country, without bringing any witnesses, for my vacation. I appreciate your candor in the matter.

You have kept me entertained. When I come to town, I would like to stop by to meet you, and perhaps, have one of those delicious meals that are mentioned in the reviews of your establishment.

R

<BLOCKQUOTE style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: medium none; MARGIN-TOP: 5pt; PADDING-LEFT: 4pt; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 5pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; MARGIN-LEFT: 3.75pt; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 1.5pt solid; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none">R,

The young ladies who provide “company” as you so drolly put it are known as whores/thieves in this neck of the woods, and the only cultural information you may garner from them is the rapid loss of your wallet, or the crash of glass, if an agreed-upon price is not met, for example. I don’t need this kind of “culture” in my nice little hotel.

Regards,

Sylvie

-Original Message-
Sent: Saturday, June 26, 2004 9:14 PM

Hi Silvie,

I know what the word thwarted means. I was just asking you what you specifically meant by it in relation to the young ladies who provide company. I was really looking for specific, perhaps cultural things, from which I might learn so that I avoid pitfalls while there. I also admit that my question was a bit tongue in cheek as indicated by the emoticon.

You did, in fact, give an account of the room in your first email. Quite frankly, I had forgotten that it was there. Thank you for reminding me.

Richard

<BLOCKQUOTE style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: medium none; MARGIN-TOP: 5pt; PADDING-LEFT: 4pt; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 5pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; MARGIN-LEFT: 3.75pt; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 1.5pt solid; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none">The $35 listed does NOT include the 10% service charge which is what I drop as a discount.

Look up thwarted in the dictionary for the best examples.
I don’t have pictures of the rooms at the moment. Look at the first email I sent you for a detailed description of the room

-Original Message-
Sent: Saturday, June 26, 2004 5:48 PM

Hi Silvie,

Your website states that your rates start at $35 with discounts for longer stays. From where did the $38.50 come for a single person?

Also, could you give me a detailed description of the room which I would have, or even a picture if available.

I am curious as to what you mean by, "thwarted". http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/33.gif

Thanks.

Richard

<BLOCKQUOTE style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: medium none; MARGIN-TOP: 5pt; PADDING-LEFT: 4pt; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 5pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; MARGIN-LEFT: 3.75pt; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 1.5pt solid; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none">Hi,

$35 per night is the price with the discount already included (that’s $38.50 minus 10%), and that includes all taxes and fees, etc.

We do not really like prostitutes on our property, as they can cause loud problems when they’re thwarted. There are plenty of short term accommodations in town for these activities.

<FONT face=Tahoma size=2><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma">-Original Message-
Sent: Thursday, June 24, 2004 4:06 PM
To:

Jimmydr
08-10-2006, 03:23 PM

I read it and you kill me.

Tonto4
08-10-2006, 08:26 PM
Now that is a place to stay away from.

Phoenix
08-10-2006, 08:33 PM
What a jaded fucking cunt! She is a American I would assume :icontd: