PDA

View Full Version : jimmy, where did you apply for your paypal bankcard???

Apos
03-04-2006, 07:54 PM
i want one but cannot figure how to apply for one...HELP!!!

Bug Boy
03-04-2006, 07:55 PM
i want one but cannot figure how to apply for one...HELP!!!

Did you go to paypal.com and click the link for opening a debit NOT credit card? You link the debit card to your checking account and transfer funds as needed. Transfer can take up to 4 days.

Apos
03-04-2006, 07:58 PM
Did you go to paypal.com and click the link for opening a debit NOT credit card? You link the debit card to your checking account and transfer funds as needed. Transfer can take up to 4 days.

i've been looking on the paypal.com site but seem to be missing it. i don't like their site and find it confusing:o

Bug Boy
03-04-2006, 07:59 PM
Ooops, I forgot to ask if you already have a regular PayPal accoun?

Apos
03-04-2006, 08:01 PM
Ooops, I forgot to ask if you already have a regular PayPal accoun?

yes i do but still don't see any mention of a paypal debit/bank card.

Apos
03-04-2006, 08:03 PM

i do not see either option...perhaps a link for me?:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Bug Boy
03-04-2006, 08:03 PM
Try this to begin.

https://www.paypal.com/ca/

This is the site for Canada. I believe you must first open a regular account, no money is involved just a linked checking account. You then get verified, next you upgrade your account to obtain a debit card.

Bug Boy
03-04-2006, 08:06 PM
Apos, the first Siboney Red is on YOU

This is what you need

http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/acc/dc_intro-outside

Apos
03-04-2006, 08:06 PM
Try this to begin.

https://www.paypal.com/ca/

This is the site for Canada. I believe you must first open a regular account, no money is involved just a linked checking account. You then get verified, next you upgrade your account to obtain a debit card.

thanks..upgrade it to what?

Apos
03-04-2006, 08:09 PM
Apos, the first Siboney Red is on YOU

This is what you need

http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/acc/dc_intro-outside

thanks...if this works for Canadians...the first bottle is on me!:D

Apos
03-04-2006, 08:20 PM
well i don't get it! i have an account, now a premier account and still no option for a debit card. i followed the link you provided and all it did was loop back to my account page.

fuck it...they HATE CANADIANS!!!!:rolleyes:

Ram
03-04-2006, 08:36 PM
I just linked my checking account to my paypal account...it says it takes 2-3 days to verify the account....they put 2 small amounts into you account, then you have to verify how much they are to confirm your account to them....I guess you can then get the debit card. I am giving it a shot...Apos, the add bank acount is on the far left of the screen.

Apos
03-04-2006, 08:41 PM
I just linked my checking account to my paypal account...it says it takes 2-3 days to verify the account....they put 2 small amounts into you account, then you have to verify how much they are to confirm your account to them....I guess you can then get the debit card. I am giving it a shot...Apos, the add bank acount is on the far left of the screen.

my account is already validated as are 2 credit cards. i use paypal a fair bit. still can't seem to get to the debit card option. i've sent them an email and will see what they have to say.

Ram
03-04-2006, 08:48 PM
You have to be on the My Account tab and the Overview tab below it.
Over on the far left is what looks like a little bank with pillars and it says Add bank account...you don't see it? You drinkin?? :D

Apos
03-04-2006, 08:58 PM
You have to be on the My Account tab and the Overview tab below it.
Over on the far left is what looks like a little bank with pillars and it says Add bank account...you don't see it? You drinkin?? :D

i'm on the same page...but it's just NOT there.

i have a bank account verified as well as credit cards...anyway, they can explain it or fix it:confused:

Ram
03-04-2006, 09:00 PM
My C card is verified but my bank account is now in the process of verifying...so I may have the same problem as you once I get my bank account verified...keep me posted on the brother!!

Phoenix
03-04-2006, 09:05 PM
I have a verified account I am gonna take a look and see if I can get one. I use a debit card through a CU and they only charge about 2 bucks for a transaction

Seņor Jimmy of Medellin
03-05-2006, 11:08 AM
The debit card is great. They give you 1% back as well on charges.