PDA

View Full Version : Need Miles then Donate to Charity......

Jimmydr
12-18-2007, 01:17 PM
From now until 1/31/2008 American Airlines is giving 2 miles for every dollar donated. Check out your account for more information.

SJG
12-18-2007, 05:42 PM
My favorite charity is the Sosua hooker's fund, can you get miles for that?

Gladiator
12-18-2007, 06:10 PM
But 2 miles per USD isn’t much, is it? I think it’d be much cheaper to buy the ticket directly rather than getting miles that way.

Anyway, I’ve always felt a natural mistrust for charities, most of which are loosely regulated and with their top bosses earning big bucks – the bucks that people donate, by the way.

I prefer to travel to the 3rd world in person and hand some of my disposable income directly to those who really need it, in particular to those who really need it and are female, young and cute.

I make the effort of traveling abroad to donate on the spot but in return I get a clean conscience knowing that my donations ended up in the right hands rather than in the inflated savings accounts of some charity scammers.

Juggles
12-18-2007, 07:27 PM
But 2 miles per USD isn’t much, is it? I think it’d be much cheaper to buy the ticket directly rather than getting miles that way.

However, you are entitled to write-off donations to charity... :)

billybob
12-23-2007, 09:50 PM
From now until 1/31/2008 American Airlines is giving 2 miles for every dollar donated. Check out your account for more information.

for every $25 donation to the USO
(which is tax deductible)
American will give you 125 miles