PDA

View Full Version : Problem with the times on posts ?

ElPlomero
12-19-2007, 11:31 PM
Hi Don;

May I be permitted to inquire as to why the times that are on the posts all seem to be out of synch with this area of the world?

This post says that this was written at 4:30am. I wrote it at 11:30pm (est) Do I have a setting that is out of whack? Maybe the server is in Asia? Some reason that eludes me?

Please advise.

Thanks.

ElPlomero

Apos
12-19-2007, 11:34 PM
you need to set the time zone...

go to USER CP near the top left of the site and edit options. in the the 2nd area from the bottom of the page called "Date and Time Options" you can set it to your time zone.
Hi Don;

May I be permitted to inquire as to why the times that are on the posts all seem to be out of synch with this area of the world?

Do I have a setting that is out of whack? Maybe the server is in Asia?

Please advise.

Thanks.

ElPlomero

Don Tomas
12-20-2007, 02:43 AM
you need to set the time zone...

go to USER CP near the top left of the site and edit options. in the the 2nd area from the bottom of the page called "Date and Time Options" you can set it to your time zone.

What he said, but I changed your time zone for you to EST with DST, so unless you are in Indiana leave it as so. Your time zone was GMT which is the board's default for new users and there is no way to change it, you know those Brits, they think they are the center of the universe.:rofl:

PS. The board's software is actually made in England.

weyland
12-20-2007, 08:53 AM
you know those Brits, they think they are the center of the universe
Not exactly, only the centre of the civilised universe

ElPlomero
12-20-2007, 09:33 AM
What he said, but I changed your time zone for you to EST with DST, so unless you are in Indiana leave it as so. Your time zone was GMT which is the board's default for new users and there is no way to change it, you know those Brits, they think they are the center of the universe.:rofl:

PS. The board's software is actually made in England.

Hey Don;

Thanks. Actually, I read the first response and went right to the User CP. I didn't know that someone had changed it, so I scratched my head a little and decide to cycle it to something else and back again. Of course, afterward when I checked, it was working correctly. So I patted myself (figuratively) on the back for nothing. Oh well.

I was going to tell you that it may have just gotten stuck and needed a kick, but I read your post first.

I'm sure you've thought of this, but maybe we might consider adding a directive to "set your time zone" to the sign up area?

Don Tomas
12-20-2007, 01:52 PM
I'm sure you've thought of this, but maybe we might consider adding a directive to "set your time zone" to the sign up area?

I can change phrases and stuff so maybe I will add it to the message that reminds you to post your first time that's on the top.

PS. It does tell you can setup your profile in the UserCP but it doesn't mention specifics.

Don Tomas
12-20-2007, 01:57 PM
Not exactly, only the centre of the civilised universe

Actually Weyland you will get this one more then others, on the board when you temp ban someone it actually "sends them to Coventry". :lol:

brovo35
12-20-2007, 02:35 PM
Worked with an englishmen for sometime I know the term and its reference (don't talk to someone or ignore) but not the origin.

Don Tomas
12-20-2007, 04:03 PM
Worked with an englishmen for sometime I know the term and its reference (don't talk to someone or ignore) but not the origin.

I guess it's a real shithole of a town in the UK where no one wants to go.

weyland
12-20-2007, 04:03 PM

I have to admit I had never thought about it. Wikipedia says:

"The origin of the phrase is unclear, but one hypothesis as to its origin is based upon 'The History of the Rebellion and Civil Wars in England, by Edward Hyde, 1st Earl of Clarendon'. In this work, Hyde recounts on how Royalist troops that were captured in Birmingham were taken as prisoners to Coventry, which was a Parliamentarian stronghold. These troops were often not received warmly by the locals.

Another theory is that the locals in the city of Coventry were often strongly opposed to billeting troops from London, and that soldiers sent there were ostracised by the local population."

My wife has sent me to Coventry since I started divorce proceedings and it is quite pleasant there :)

weyland
12-20-2007, 04:08 PM
I guess it's a real shithole of a town in the UK where no one wants to go.
Used to be the centre of the English car manufacturing industry so grimy industrial but with a historic mediaeval centre and cathedral. The Germans bombed the shit out of the old city and the car industry has long since folded, so it is now just another characterless smallish city like a hundred others with all the same stores and facilities.