PDA

View Full Version : Frank Reyes tonight March 11, in nyc

Gutter Meat
03-11-2006, 04:01 PM
Frank Reyes will be playing tonight at Eros lounge in the bronx on southern Blvd. Sure to be plenty of hot Dominicanas. I know I'll be there.

TropicBob
03-11-2006, 06:13 PM
Lucky dog Gutter Meat - wish the south had dominicans instead of Ma and Pa Kettle...

BrooklynBeas
03-11-2006, 06:15 PM
Frank is performming tonight in 3 different clubs... I know because he was supposed to be at Mundo Maya in Bushwick his last stop (my friends girl is the manager of that place)... they cancelled him though because he said he would be there at 4am... you are not allowed to take the stage after 4am in NYC... i heard its a law or something... and you know when a dominican says 4am he means 7am... oh well... Ive seen him 3 times 2 in NYC and 1 time in DR... If he is in the DR in 3 weeks i may have to see him a 4th time...

weyland
03-11-2006, 06:55 PM
As mentioned in another thread I am keen to attend a bachata concert on my imminent trip. Where are they advertised? How can I know what is on and where? I don't speak Spanish.

BrooklynBeas
03-11-2006, 06:58 PM
on the highway they post banners... If you are in a cab tell him slow down (despaciO) and check out where the concert is...

rley69
03-11-2006, 08:04 PM
As mentioned in another thread I am keen to attend a bachata concert on my imminent trip. Where are they advertised? How can I know what is on and where? I don't speak Spanish.

If you're staying at Blackbeards again just get one of the girls to go with you. I went to see Frank Reyes with a girl called Angelis a year or so ago and had a blast. Most of the BBs girls like going out with clientos. They can make pretty good tour guides too if you don't speak Spanish. The better ones will check the taxis don't rip off you off, check you get the right change at the bar and generally watch your back. Nadine would be a good bet from the ones I know now (she's very into dancing). Or just ask Daxilva to set you up with someone.

weyland
03-11-2006, 08:40 PM
If you're staying at Blackbeards again just get one of the girls to go with you. I went to see Frank Reyes with a girl called Angelis a year or so ago and had a blast. Most of the BBs girls like going out with clientos. They can make pretty good tour guides too if you don't speak Spanish. The better ones will check the taxis don't rip off you off, check you get the right change at the bar and generally watch your back. Nadine would be a good bet from the ones I know now (she's very into dancing). Or just ask Daxilva to set you up with someone.

I am staying at FoD this time, but will certainly be calling in to BB and maybe taking one or two of my favourites again. (And I think we established you and I have similar tastes!). I certainly would not dream of going to a concert without a chica. In fact I do not want to do anything in the DR without a chica. I just love having a woman with me all the time, whether it's sleeping, eating, shopping, sightseeing, chilling out or going to the bathroom.

It's funny how you say Nadine was a keen dancer. I did not get that impression in my three days with her but our mileage may vary. Her siamese twin Renate who was too heavy for my taste was a surprisingly good dancer however. And Nadine told me she was less keen on bachata than your average chica because she was Haitian and it is mainly a Dominican speciality.

gdogg
03-11-2006, 10:30 PM
Frank puts on a great show!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v451/ghm113/Mar1531.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v451/ghm113/Mar1540.jpg

Me, DT and our good friend Frank Reyes:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v451/ghm113/Mar1550edited.jpg

ilikenyacional
03-11-2006, 11:16 PM
That's too funny, gdogg!!!

Your classic DT's dick grabbing picture !

When you first posted it ?

BrooklynBeas
03-12-2006, 03:36 AM
DT has his hand on Franks ass.... Dont tell him i told ya!

3 weeks from yesterday... its sunday now...

Im drinkin heavinly... i mean heavily tonight... i went to a dominican spot in Bushwick and i just got home and i smell like the dominican chica i was dancin with,... Its almost time to beat off.... sorry TMI... Im drunk

rley69
03-12-2006, 08:10 AM
It's funny how you say Nadine was a keen dancer. I did not get that impression in my three days with her but our mileage may vary. Her siamese twin Renate who was too heavy for my taste was a surprisingly good dancer however. And Nadine told me she was less keen on bachata than your average chica because she was Haitian and it is mainly a Dominican speciality.

I've known Nadine for a while. She's into pretty much any music and is fanactical about dancing, having trained in ballet when she was younger. It was actually her that taught me the steps to Bachata. Like most of the girls I know out there she's nuts about Frank Reyes. I've never had issues with her wanting to hang around with other chicas though (she may have been trying to put you off). But some of these girls are full of bs, you have to take what they say with a pinch of salt.

weyland
03-12-2006, 08:55 AM
I've known Nadine for a while. She's into pretty much any music and is fanactical about dancing, having trained in ballet when she was younger. It was actually her that taught me the steps to Bachata. Like most of the girls I know out there she's nuts about Frank Reyes. I've never had issues with her wanting to hang around with other chicas though (she may have been trying to put you off). But some of these girls are full of bs, you have to take what they say with a pinch of salt.

rley69
I wasn't meaning to contradict you. I was a total newbie and I probably got all the wrong signals, also they knew they could bullshit me easier than most. Just giving my own experience. Nadine certainly was not trying to put me off, in fact of the three girls who I took for three days she was the only one who did not take termination of contract gracefully, not surprising considering the money I spent on her. She was a super girl though and it helped we could have a halting conversation in my very rusty French. One reason I drew a line was that I was getting too fond of her. I am surprised that you were not plagued by Renate though. I thought they were joined at the hip. Perhaps Renate was off sick or in a longer term engagement while you were there.

As for learning the steps to bachata, I'm hoping to do that myself next week, but it will be an uphill struggle for whichever poor chica takes it on as I can't dance a step of any dance and have as much natural rhythm as a traffic bollard. Still, if the chicas would suck my dick with a boil on it as Brooklyn Beas assured me in another thread (purely a hypothetical case, by the way, little Weyland has never looked more appetising) then I suppose they could stomach teaching me bachata.

Funnily enough I am just burning my favourite bachata tracks onto CDs to take with me as I write this. I am labelling them "Research Results on Pre-stressed Concrete Trials 1947 to 1953" in the hope of getting them through customs. UK customs are watchful for counterfeit CDs and Dominican customs will steal anything they can give their girlfriends. They stole my UK phone chip last time. Stupid bastards.

Apos
03-12-2006, 09:07 AM
Weyland:

i also do not dance although virtually every chica i've spent any time with has tried to teach/force me to. actually my last trip the last 2 chicas i was with has some small degree of success. i guess i had just the right amount of booze in my system but i was making a very small degree of success in the dancing arena. not that i'm likely to venture onto the dancefloor anytime soon.:o

as for luggage and theft i'd recommend, if you don't already, splitting your luggage into checked and carryon. keep anything that might be stolen in your carryon...all important papers, electronics, cologne, batteries, condoms, etc...and only pack clothing, extra books, prohibited items and the like in you checked bag.:cool:

i rarely check anything and have never had anything stolen. it's hard to steal from you when you have the goods in your possession:) although i've heard of things going missing during "inspection" but never had an issue there myself.

rley69
03-12-2006, 09:19 AM
rley69
UK customs are watchful for counterfeit CDs and Dominican customs will steal anything they can give their girlfriends. They stole my UK phone chip last time. Stupid bastards.

It's disturbing to hear you had a problem with customs, Weyland. Who do you fly with? I haven't even seen any customs people at arrival over six trips on Britannia flights, although I understand there are sometimes problems with US arrivals. I did once get frisked by a couple of gentleman looking (in vain) for a "souvenir" on departure though. I don't think they are generally that interested in European charter flight arrivals as these are mainly full of families heading to resorts.

weyland
03-12-2006, 11:00 AM
It's disturbing to hear you had a problem with customs, Weyland. Who do you fly with? I haven't even seen any customs people at arrival over six trips on Britannia flights, although I understand there are sometimes problems with US arrivals. I did once get frisked by a couple of gentleman looking (in vain) for a "souvenir" on departure though. I don't think they are generally that interested in European charter flight arrivals as these are mainly full of families heading to resorts.

No, it was on the way out of the DR. No big deal, just a bit puzzling what they went for. Being used to East European customs I wondered at the time if there was some other implication, such as security, but I now know there is no such concept as "security" in the DR. I described it like this in another thread here:

"Entering from England I walked straight through. But on leaving the DR, four very smart, polite and smiling English-speaking customs officials took everything out of of my hand-grip and spread it out over a large table. There followed ten minutes of "What is this?" "Actually it's a toothbrush" "What is this for?" "It's a pencil, I sometimes use it for writing with" and so on ... They must have asked me about twenty mundane objects. Luckily I had plenty of time. They were particularly interested in the CD-type case which came with the Dominican Orange SIM card I had bought. I had stored my English Vodaphone SIM card in it, intending to swap SIMs during the flight home. This prompted agitated discussions between them in Spanish. Once back in England I realised they had retained my English SIM card. Had they wanted to nick something there were far more valuable things to steal and I was unable to keep an eye on all four of them at the same time as they shuffled my stuff about."

rley69
03-12-2006, 12:29 PM
That's a bit of a relief to me in a sense. I brought a shed load of cheap perfumes and cosmetics on ebay to give out on my next trip in April. Still, it's good to know that at least one Dominican customs official can now hear the speaking clock in English ("Qué?!!!").

weyland
03-12-2006, 12:40 PM
Who's been fucking around with my signature? It should read "Grumpy Old Envoy from Merry Old England".

rley69
03-12-2006, 12:43 PM
Looks like ISOC bureaucracy has intervened!