PDA

View Full Version : MLK Weekend-NG Booked, options?

Galvin
12-28-2007, 01:52 PM
Just booked a flight for MLK weekend as my work schedule open'd up. NG is booked. I emailed club residencial and casa cayena although I'm not too thrilled about the latter.

Any suggestions for places to look? I wouldn't mind something a little more upscale than NG and am willing to spend up to $90/night. The only thing I do not want to do is have to rent a car or moto.

I like to drink in peace. Thanks.

Hemp
12-28-2007, 02:07 PM
might as well stick with CR & CC then...your on the right track...

Just booked a flight for MLK weekend as my work schedule open'd up. NG is booked. I emailed club residencial and casa cayena although I'm not too thrilled about the latter.

Any suggestions for places to look? I wouldn't mind something a little more upscale than NG and am willing to spend up to $90/night. The only thing I do not want to do is have to rent a car or moto.

I like to drink in peace. Thanks.

MisterPink
12-28-2007, 03:24 PM
Club Residential has had some "Voramar" type of issues in the past year.

Casa Valeria is a clean, inexpensive, basic GF option as well....right down the block.

Pierregeorgio is a bit pricey, but higher end right on the water.

Galvin
12-28-2007, 03:50 PM
Club Residential has had some "Voramar" type of issues in the past year.

Casa Valeria is a clean, inexpensive, basic GF option as well....right down the block.

Pierregeorgio is a bit pricey, but higher end right on the water.

Thanks for the link. I saw someone comment in another thread about problems experienced at CR but I did not know what they were referring to.

Unless new owners I will not hand over my dollars off of gp.

What's pierregeorgio? Do you have a link?

MisterPink
12-28-2007, 04:01 PM
http://www.piergiorgiopalace.com/accommodations.php

It is 100% GF, but does cater to couples and families, you get my drift.

Beads
12-28-2007, 04:08 PM
I spent one night at Pierre Georgio this year and the place is really nice. You can't party like a rock star but if you use good judgment and don't get out of hand you should be able to bring in a guest ( I had no problems bringing in guests).

The place definitely is a little pricey but they are right by the water.

RickRock
12-28-2007, 04:32 PM
where about town is casa cayena and club residencial located? im also looking to come down mlk weekened

ElPlomero
12-28-2007, 05:58 PM
Casa Cayena is on Dr. Rosen, right down the street from The New Garden.

Coming from Pedro Clisante, you pass NG and go across the intersection.

Another 100 or so yards toward the beach on the left.

Nice rooms, decent pool, new A/C's, but shitty beds. If you have a bad or even marginal back, don't do it.

They do free breakfast if you can get to the kitchen by 10:30 or so.

ElPlomero

NJ_Hobby
12-29-2007, 05:49 PM
I've stayed at CR. Seems to run about $20-$25 USD more a night than NG (with A/C & Safe). Very nice - gated community - more like a suite than a singe room. Kitchen, living room, etc. Families and couples - some singles - so as others have said ... not the same environment as NG. Vendors & chicas cannot come in to solicit. One chica limit. One "guest" each 24 hours - but I don't think that one is enforced. Right on the main road - and I've enjoyed it. I'm in NG over MLKW and am one of the ones who's contributed to it being completely booked !! Sorry ...