PDA

View Full Version : Europa Question

LM
03-19-2006, 12:50 PM
To anyone that has stayed at the Europa, I talked with a guy the last time I was in Sosua and he was staying at the Europa, he mentioned that there are good rooms to stay in and not so good rooms. I fogotten the room numbers he was referring to. Anyone have a general idea which rooms are the better rooms at the Europa, I might consider staying there for the April 1st. invasion.

http://www.hotelplazaeuropa.com/

Seņor Jimmy of Medellin
03-19-2006, 12:52 PM
To anyone that has stayed at the Europa, I talked with a guy the last time I was in Sosua and he was staying at the Europa, he mentioned that there are good rooms to stay in and not so good rooms. I fogotten the room numbers he was referring to. Anyone have a general idea which rooms are the better rooms at the Europa, I might consider staying there for the April 1st. invasion.

Always look first, check out the bed and AC they check in.

LM
03-19-2006, 12:54 PM
Always look first, check out the bed and AC they check in.

There are preferred rooms..though

Kevy
03-19-2006, 12:55 PM
I stayed there, there is not easy answer to that. I have satyed on the third floor and the room was nice, but a year ago Dominos was the [place and it was loud at night. I also stayed in a room on the mian floor in the back past the pool. The room was awful and is one of the reasons I don't stay there any more. They eventually moved me to a better room also on the main floor.

Bug Boy
03-19-2006, 01:16 PM
but a year ago Dominos was the place and it was loud at night.................The room was awful and is one of the reasons I don't stay there any more.

I can understand that,,,,,,,,the place is a dump!

Bug Boy
03-19-2006, 01:17 PM
Anyone have a general idea which rooms are the better rooms at the Europa, I might consider staying there for the April 1st. invasion.

Any room at Club Residencial! Plus you have the added benefit of being right around the corner from the Palace.

LM
03-19-2006, 01:22 PM
Any room at Club Residencial! Plus you have the added benefit of being right around the corner from the Palace.

What about "guests" "whores".....I have sent Club Residencial an e-mail for info...I've always heard good things about the place. But can I bring girls back.????:D

Seņor Jimmy of Medellin
03-19-2006, 01:24 PM
There are preferred rooms..though
Preferred rooms? Things are breaking all the time there.

Bug Boy
03-19-2006, 01:27 PM
What about "guests" "whores".....I have sent Club Residencial an e-mail for info...I've always heard good things about the place. But can I bring girls back.????:D

One chica at a time. Rotate them as often as you like. No Happy Hour and no 4 am drunk pool parties. All chicas must have cedula to leave at front desk!

Seņor Jimmy of Medellin
03-19-2006, 01:28 PM
One chica at a time. Rotate them as often as you like. No Happy Hour and no 4 am drunk pool parties. All chicas must have cedula to leave at front desk!

As long as you have buddies at The palace you are good to go!

Kevy
03-19-2006, 01:29 PM
Thought you were doing the Romanoff?

LM
03-19-2006, 01:31 PM
Preferred rooms? Things are breaking all the time there.There are rooms there that are cleaner, in less noisy area(street noise), just an all round good room. I've read extremely bad reviews of the place, and some extremely good reviews, and it seems to depend on where you stay in that complex. I looked at a room last year, and it was really nice, and relatively inexpensive. I don't want to get to anal about it, but just looking for some info.

LM
03-19-2006, 01:32 PM
Thought you were doing the Romanoff?

Maybe that to/also...but I want something close to the main drag.

Seņor Jimmy of Medellin
03-19-2006, 01:32 PM
There are rooms there that are cleaner, in less noisy area(street noise), just an all round good room. I've read extremely bad reviews of the place, and some extremely good reviews, and it seems to depend on where you stay in that complex. I looked at a room last year, and it was really nice, and relatively inexpensive. I don't want to get to anal about it, but just looking for some info.
You need to be very anal. Some rooms SUCK! Ask WSJ3, he moved in and out of 3 rooms. one day.

LM
03-19-2006, 01:33 PM

Thanks Herbf...:)

Bug Boy
03-19-2006, 01:34 PM

Make sure that you bring your permethrin if you decide to stay at Europa. Quality of the rooms have went down, and the prices have went up. I had to have my room changed 3 times in one night because of water damage and grotesque shower heads.

I see you as a more seasoned monger, i think that you should try a few of the other places mentioned.

LM
03-19-2006, 01:34 PM
You need to be very anal. Some rooms SUCK! Ask WSJ3, he moved in and out of 3 rooms. one day.

That's what I mean...the place seems to be hit or miss...

Seņor Jimmy of Medellin
03-19-2006, 01:35 PM
That's what I mean...the place seems to be hit or miss...
One room my bed was BAD!!!! Another room I slept like a baby.

Bug Boy
03-19-2006, 01:37 PM
The only good thing about Europa is its location and it with its setup, there are great places to stash the camera for filming opportunities.

Kevy
03-19-2006, 01:38 PM
One room my bed was BAD!!!! Another room I slept like a baby.
How long ago was that?

LM
03-19-2006, 01:38 PM
Make sure that you bring your permethrin if you decide to stay at Europa. Quality of the rooms have went down, and the prices have went up. I had to have my room changed 3 times in one night because of water damage and grotesque shower heads.

I see you as a more seasoned monger, i think that you should try a few of the other places mentioned.

Lot's of ticks and fleas.....

LM
03-19-2006, 01:40 PM
The only good thing about Europa is its location and it with its setup, there are great places to stash the camera for filming opportunities.

Who would do that??.....that's just not right:rolleyes:

Phoenix
03-19-2006, 01:42 PM
Who would do that??.....that's just not right:rolleyes:

It is OK as long as they do not know about it :cool:

BrooklynBeas
03-19-2006, 02:17 PM
LM i stayed in a room on the 3rd floor as well and i like it a lot... It overlooked the whole 4roses... You can see the stairs of flamingo from across the street... Ajax stayed next door and i think he liked it as well... I get back to the room late so i didnt hear any noise cause i was probabloy the last one makin noise... :)

whynotme
03-19-2006, 02:51 PM
Lm when we were in town last year i stayed at both the palace and europa. i actually liked the europa better i was on the second floor 1/2 way down the road facing town. tradewinds was good but staying at the palace this trip though to be in the centre of the invasion

gdogg
03-19-2006, 03:21 PM
Beas' and Ajax's rooms were nice. I was surprised. Beas, did the A/C blow 24 hours a day? I think there was something that kept the rooms from being ideal. Maybe it was just the location...chicas seeing your every move.

Bug Boy
03-19-2006, 03:48 PM
No quotes in this post, except mine.

Hotel Plaza Europa is A DUMP!

Europa serves one purpose, a great place for first time pussy chasing dudes!

Come on guys, how many trips did you do and you can't find a better place than this?

When was the last time you stayed at Europa?

Europa,,,,,,,,,,,, leave it for the Sosua newbies. I did my Sosua newbie stay last year. I paid for 4 nights and starting packing my bags after the first night. Checked out the second day and got back what little refund I could.

Would I go back, Hell No. Would I say stay here to a newbie, yes.

Bug Boy
03-19-2006, 03:49 PM
P.S. The putas laugh about Europa..........oh no another stupido gringo

LM
03-19-2006, 03:52 PM
Waiting to hear back from Club Residencial, around April 1st. their rates are $32 a night.....

Apos
03-19-2006, 03:59 PM
P.S. The putas laugh about Europa..........oh no another stupido gringounder $40 a night what would you recommend that's central to the action and better value?

Bug Boy
03-19-2006, 04:02 PM
Waiting to hear back from Club Residencial, around April 1st. their rates are $32 a night.....

Great news, high season is over! Half price sale going on! Book the room and don't think twice. If you can do a low profile, easy going dude with pussy on your mind you have found a place to stay.

Beatrice will answer the emails on Dominican time, be patient.

Club R is great, and treat Club R the same way.

Bug Boy
03-19-2006, 04:09 PM
under $40 a night what would you recommend that's central to the action and better value?

Apos,,,,,,,,,,,I will try to redirect my responses to the EWR cheap flyer program. Just kidding with you.

For under $40 and on the strip you have to go with the flea infested, half roll toilet paper, cob webs, needs paint, no light lobby, pc internet wait a year, putas on the swing...........Europa

Trivia Question?
How many hotels are on (or have adjecent property to) Pedro Clisante between New Passions and PJ's.

gdogg
03-19-2006, 04:16 PM
I've never stayed at Europa for various reasons. I've seen many of the rooms at Club Residencial, and they are all great. Most of my Atlanta friends stay there (a couple even own their spot). Beatrice is a super cool lady. In December 2004, I missed (by a week) an opportunity to purchase a 2 bedroom for $25,000. This Italian guy was having a divorce "fire sale". Man, if me and my boys had been there a week earlier, we would have bought it!!

Apos
03-19-2006, 04:18 PM
Apos,,,,,,,,,,,I will try to redirect my responses to the EWR cheap flyer program. Just kidding with you.

For under $40 and on the strip you have to go with the flea infested, half roll toilet paper, cob webs, needs paint, no light lobby, pc internet wait a year, putas on the swing...........Europa

Trivia Question?
How many hotels are on (or have adjecent property to) Pedro Clisante between New Passions and PJ's.not that many...that's part of the problem..let's see:

there's a couple by the beach entrance behind the voodoo lounge but they probably are not too chica friendly and their names escape me

rocky's...close but 1/2 a block away and 3 more further north

plaze europa...or the part under the flamingo/ behind 4 roses/domino

the europe

club residencial

the blue dolphin...not really open as a hotel anymore

the palace...again a block away

the palms...hooker haven a block south of the europa

there was a sleazy little hotel, closed now, between super super and the supermarcado

calypso and romanoff...1/2 a block and more than a block north of super super

the closed and for sale hotel directly accross the street from passions

el colibri...past passions and not chica friendly

i've not included any apartments and the like and have probably missed some smaller places but...

Bug Boy
03-19-2006, 04:24 PM
Apos, Mr. Research............My question is how many hotels are on Pedro Clisante between New Passions and PJ's?

Chica friendly or not.

Apos
03-19-2006, 04:32 PM
Apos, Mr. Research............My question is how many hotels are on Pedro Clisante between New Passions and PJ's?

Chica friendly or not.3:rolleyes:

open anyway, i think...anyone else?:D

LM
It look's like someone was having fun at the Europa....A Pool Party:)

http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/7341/poolpartyattheeuropa8nf.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

whynotme
where r u staying the first 3 nights>?

LM
03-19-2006, 04:43 PM
where r u staying the first 3 nights>?

If Club Residencial comes back with a fair quote I'll probably stay there, I know the prices don't go lower until April 1st.
I'll be sure to have a place regardless.:)

Dick Dawson
03-19-2006, 05:22 PM
I thought about staying at Club Residential as well. The only thing that concerned me is that according to their website, they charge extra for a room with A/C. Now, if it's not too hot around that time, I may just do it, but I'm the type of person that can sweat like a pig if it gets moderately hot, so I'm still deciding.

nomad
03-19-2006, 06:58 PM
In the apartment part of Europa rooms #105 & #107 are decent.

Nomad

JuanElGriego
03-19-2006, 08:46 PM
I stayed at the Europa late January/early Feb. and my room was fine.

I never bothered turning on the AC as it was never hot enough but everything else (lights/shower/cable t.v.) was fine. The room was cleaned every day by staff.

I guess i was lucky. A friend who was staying there at the same time didn't have hot water for almost a week.

Oh, towards the end of my stay, a leak had started from the 3rd floor bathroom that was dripping into my bathroom. I told Diego about it but i had to go 2 days later so i don't know when/if it got fixed.

Bug Boy
03-19-2006, 08:47 PM
The only thing that concerned me is that according to their website, they charge extra for a room with A/C.

I try to tell it like it is. Club R charges an extra $10 per night for A/C. Two problems............the A/C is only in the bedroom, not the living/kitchen area................second problem is you have to put a key in the A/C to turn it on....the problem with that is the key is permanetly attached to your room keys, so when you leave the room you must take your door and A/C keys with you. No way to hang in Sosua all day and expect to return to a cool bedroom.

All rooms have A/C, you just have to pay extra for the key.

Bug Boy
03-19-2006, 08:54 PM
not that many...that's part of the problem..let's see:

there's a couple by the beach entrance behind the voodoo lounge but they probably are not too chica friendly and their names escape me

rocky's...close but 1/2 a block away and 3 more further north

plaze europa...or the part under the flamingo/ behind 4 roses/domino

the europe

club residencial

the blue dolphin...not really open as a hotel anymore

the palace...again a block away

the palms...hooker haven a block south of the europa

there was a sleazy little hotel, closed now, between super super and the supermarcado

calypso and romanoff...1/2 a block and more than a block north of super super

the closed and for sale hotel directly accross the street from passions

el colibri...past passions and not chica friendly

i've not included any apartments and the like and have probably missed some smaller places but...

I wonder if someone would seriously pay to stay the night at Calypso.

Bug Boy
03-19-2006, 08:56 PM
You could also consider Romanoff. You get a studio with a kitchen and AC for 25 bux..the only the is that you have to buy your own mop and towels because they sometimes forget to clean the rooms.

Bug Boy
03-19-2006, 08:58 PM
P.S. The putas laugh about Europa..........oh no another stupido gringo

Diego also tells the whores when the rooms are occupied so they know when to hang out at dominoes.

There is also a receptionist with dark hair that works the evenings, she used to piss me off, she would just allow people to come straight to my room knowing that i already have guests..how?? because she signed them in..

That and the time i jumped into a bed of sand and pillows full of mildew..

gdogg
03-20-2006, 03:29 PM
You could also consider Romanoff. You get a studio with a kitchen and AC for 25 bux..the only the is that you have to buy your own mop and towels because they sometimes forget to clean the rooms.

There's no maid service on Sunday, so you must remember to ask for extra towels and sheets on Saturday.

WSJ3_Sith_Lord
03-20-2006, 03:31 PM
Unless you are nasty like psriches and WSJ3 then just keep banging the chicas on the same sheets.

Tee Hee...

Bug Boy
03-20-2006, 03:37 PM
Unless you are nasty like psriches and WSJ3 then just keep banging the chicas on the same sheets.

Tee Hee...

Well what about when the chicas need a towel during bbbj? I just loved after my a happy hour where I ran out of towels and the maid told me "La problema no es mio"

So i just buy mops and towels when i get there. I can't stand chica hair in the bathrooms and such.

WSJ3
03-20-2006, 03:40 PM
Why use a towel for a bbbj...the wetter the better.

They can spit it out in the sink or swallow...NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!

Which roughly translated means no towels unless you are washing your ass, and she don't need to bathe until the next morning.

You know you can bring your own towels with you to mitigate this issue.

Well what about when the chicas need a towel during bbbj? I just loved after my a happy hour where I ran out of towels and the maid told me "La problema no es mio"

So i just buy mops and towels when i get there. I can't stand chica hair in the bathrooms and such.

Bug Boy
03-20-2006, 03:42 PM
Why use a towel for a bbbj...the wetter the better.

They can spit it out in the sink or swallow...NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!

Which roughly translated means no towels unless you are washing your ass, and she don't need to bathe until the next morning.

You know you can bring your own towels with you to mitigate this issue.

Come on WSJ can they at least get a towel to clean the salads? ;)

ChicaRider
03-20-2006, 05:53 PM
I have stayed at the Europa several times, I think it is the best "bang for your buck" in Sosua. They will show you every available room before you check in, just keep looking till you find one you like. I have always had a/c, plenty of hot water, good bed(s), clean room and clean sheets. That being said, some are noisier than others (the ones on the outside obviously), some have 1 bed and a couch, some 2 beds, all have a dcecent kitchette, some with micros, some not... one trip when the hotel was completely full, I stayed in a really nice 2 bedroom condo - at street level.. for $70/night. A/c's and TV's in both bedrooms, living room/dining area and nice kitchen with stainless steel appliances... Diego says he keeps it for "special guests" LOL One unique thing with Europa, you can pay a night at a time and as you reach 3 days, then 5 days, he gives you a retro-active discount. He's also started to provide free danish and croissants in the morning and afternoon...

Ive stayed at Club Residential for a month. I love it there.. but they do charge $10 a night for a/c and another $3 or so for a safe on nightly or weekly rentals.. and tax. Jose, the guard, is awesome - he hooked me up with 5 or 6 semi-puta hotties during my stay! BUT... they wont allow 2 girls and are VERY strict about cedulas. The apartments are awesome, big, clean, bright, and 2 nice pools, but the place is family-friendly so you have to be somewhat discreet. Also, with the a/c in the bedroom, it takes a while to cool off the livingroom. One other thing, most of the units are privately owned, so they differ greatly. Mine had granite counters in the kitchen and dressing area and a nice tub with glass block and designer tile.. Ive seen some that look more like a Motel 8... and there are a few with waterbeds...

I walked in and out of the Romanoff when I saw their rooms... the beds were a small step up from an army cot, and i dont think there were any curtains...wasnt even worth it as a "last resort" to me.. maybe they have better rooms, but...

Across from Romanoff is Casa Valeria... not bad, I think A/c and TV is extra and the guest friendliness is questionable. But it's a nice place. Next to that is Garden Keti... haven't seen the rooms but heard they were ok, with a/c and tv and they are definitely guest friendly... all three of these are around the price of Europa, give or take $10...BTW, right in that area is a newish chica-friendly bar restaurant owned by a couple of young german guys... Tam Tam. Good food... great prices and very cute and friendly waitresses and bartenders.

LM
03-20-2006, 06:02 PM
Chicarider, thanks for that info....nice and detailed...just the type of info I wanted, Club R got back to me, but Beatrice won't know for a couple of days whether there is a room available...$32 a night plus tax, might give Club R a shot. If I can't get in there I'll show up at the Europa and see what they have. Diego e-mailed me back and said he had rooms, but at $41 a night, We'll see. I think Club R will be my first choice this time around, heard lots of good things about the place and nothing negative. Plus it's just around the corner from the party boys at the Palace.
Thanks again.:)

ilikenyacional
03-20-2006, 06:04 PM
Across from Romanoff is Casa Valeria... not bad, I think A/c and TV is extra and the guest friendliness is questionable. But it's a nice place. Next to that is Garden Keti... haven't seen the rooms but heard they were ok, with a/c and tv and they are definitely guest friendly... all three of these are around the price of Europa, give or take $10...BTW, right in that area is a newish chica-friendly bar restaurant owned by a couple of young german guys... Tam Tam. Good food... great prices and very cute and friendly waitresses and bartenders.
Casa Valeria and Garden Keti are not across Romanoff. They are on DrRosen street, past Rocky's.

ChicaRider
03-20-2006, 06:52 PM
You are right... I spaced on the streets... but the Tam Tam Bar *is* across from Romanoff ;)

Casa Valeria and Garden Keti are not across Romanoff. They are on DrRosen street, past Rocky's.

nomad
03-20-2006, 09:01 PM
Chicarider, thanks for that info....nice and detailed...just the type of info I wanted, Club R got back to me, but Beatrice won't know for a couple of days whether there is a room available...$32 a night plus tax, might give Club R a shot. If I can't get in there I'll show up at the Europa and see what they have. Diego e-mailed me back and said he had rooms, but at $41 a night, We'll see. I think Club R will be my first choice this time around, heard lots of good things about the place and nothing negative. Plus it's just around the corner from the party boys at the Palace.
Thanks again.:)

Club R at $32 a night is a alot better deal than Europa at $41. Never heard of the Europa being that expensive before. And Club R is nicer. Even if you have to pay extra for A/C and a safe, it is still only $4 more than Europa. Not bad.
Let me know how it turns out.

Nomad.

LM
03-20-2006, 09:09 PM
Here is the e-mail I got from the Europa...I was always under the impression it was less expensive than some of the other places...I think if you show up at the door, the price would be better

-----Original Message-----
From: Hotel Europa [mailto:real.state@verizon.net.do (real.state@verizon.net.do)]
Sent: Sunday, March 19, 2006 10:33 PM
To: ************
Subject: Re: Form posted from Microsoft Internet Explorer.
Dear Mr. *******
thank you very much for your message.
We have apartments available at the end of march.With king size bed for one or two persons,the rate of 41 US p. night is the same.If you'll pay cash or with trav.checks the total amount would be 7 X 41 =287 US - 4% discount =
275 US. Looking forward to your reservation we remain WITH OUR BEST REGARDS Diego,HOTEL PLAZA EUROPA P.S:The rate includes all taxes,a/c,cable tv,king size bed f.1 or 2 persons.

Hemp
03-20-2006, 09:50 PM
Here is the e-mail I got from the Europa...I was always under the impression it was less expensive than some of the other places...I think if you show up at the door, the price would be better

-----Original Message-----
From: Hotel Europa [mailto:real.state@verizon.net.do (real.state@verizon.net.do)]
Sent: Sunday, March 19, 2006 10:33 PM
To: ************
Subject: Re: Form posted from Microsoft Internet Explorer.
Dear Mr. *******
thank you very much for your message.
We have apartments available at the end of march.With king size bed for one or two persons,the rate of 41 US p. night is the same.If you'll pay cash or with trav.checks the total amount would be 7 X 41 =287 US - 4% discount =
275 US. Looking forward to your reservation we remain WITH OUR BEST REGARDS Diego,HOTEL PLAZA EUROPA P.S:The rate includes all taxes,a/c,cable tv,king size bed f.1 or 2 persons.

So they only take US money here??? i thought u pay in pesos down there?

Kevy
03-20-2006, 09:53 PM
They charge US dollars, but if you pay on your credit card , they convert it to pesos.

JuanElGriego
03-20-2006, 10:02 PM
Club R at $32 a night is a alot better deal than Europa at $41. Never heard of the Europa being that expensive before. And Club R is nicer. Even if you have to pay extra for A/C and a safe, it is still only $4 more than Europa. Not bad.

$4 more than the Europa is a good deal, however, it might be more than that as Club R doesn't include "taxes" in their rates. Anyone know what those taxes come out to?

ChicaRider
03-20-2006, 11:31 PM
As for Europa, Ive never payed more than $35 a night (except for the 2BR apt at 70/night)... and as little as $28 a night for 4+ nights. Club R is definitely much nicer and if you can get it at the same price or less a night with a/c, safe, and taxes Id do it! Id even pay a bit more for Club R.. but remember, it is MUCH mellower and there will be families and older couples staying there... and don't plan on any "happy hours" ;)

nomad
03-21-2006, 12:15 AM
So they only take US money here??? i thought u pay in pesos down there?

I have paid in pesos at the Europa. Usually I pay $28 a night for a studio, $32 a night for a 1 bedroom (room #107 next to the pool). In the hotel part it was $35 a night for a typical room. Never had any problems. Rooms have always been fine. One time A/C was broke and Diego and the maintenance guy came right up to the room and fixed it.

The Club R is mellower and more low-key. The Europa might be a little better for mongering. But if you are planning a non-stop fuck fest with many "happy hours" then without a doubt the Palace would be the hotel. Not sure if they still rent it but the penthouse has your own private jacuzzi. Hotel Romanoff I have heard from Magnum is decent similiar to the Europa a little more off the beaten path but closer to the discos and the beach. But then everything is just a moto-conch away. Rocky's (Apos choice) is cheap, safe and decent but has no A/C. Should not need A/C for a couple of months anyway. Calypso is a nasty short time hotel. I would not kennel my dog there. Blue Dolphin is closed.

And if I remember correctly, RickRock once suggested sleeping under a boat on the beach. :) But then again I once took a nap in the Flamingo. Says something about the quality of chicas they had, eh?

Nomad

gdogg
03-21-2006, 01:29 AM
Ha!! Funny you should mention that, Nomad. I fell asleep in the Flamingo myself one evening. It was kinda slow.

RickRock
03-21-2006, 03:53 AM
Alright, I've stopped in Sosua at least 20 times but I get lost as fuck when you guys start rattling off names. I don't know the names of anything but the Palace, Europa, Rockies and Club Res.

Where is Romanoff? How about Calypso? If Calypso is the dump next to Super Super that charges $10 a night I may be the only person here to have stayed there (for two nights, wepa!); but I think it's called Hotel Americano. My nephew (who some people on this board know) stayed there for a month in 2004, lol.

Has anyone stayed in PJ's hotel in Los Charamicos? Ive heard from Dominicans it's cheap and not bad, but never been there myself.

It would be great if someone assembled a map so I can contect the names to the locations of the hotels. It would also be great if someone assembled a complete list of the hotels along with their rates! Anyone reading this should feel free to hold that down.. lol

RickRock
03-21-2006, 03:54 AM
Oh yeah, and sleeping on the beach is cool.. You just got to get under something to shield you from the wind because it gets cold. You also want to be off the ground so nothin crawls in your drawls. Plus on certain beaches (like Sosua beach) beware of dogs at night.

Magnum
03-21-2006, 05:10 AM
Alright, I've stopped in Sosua at least 20 times but I get lost as fuck when you guys start rattling off names. I don't know the names of anything but the Palace, Europa, Rockies and Club Res.

Where is Romanoff? How about Calypso? If Calypso is the dump next to Super Super that charges $10 a night I may be the only person here to have stayed there (for two nights, wepa!); but I think it's called Hotel Americano. My nephew (who some people on this board know) stayed there for a month in 2004, lol.

Has anyone stayed in PJ's hotel in Los Charamicos? Ive heard from Dominicans it's cheap and not bad, but never been there myself.

It would be great if someone assembled a map so I can contect the names to the locations of the hotels. It would also be great if someone assembled a complete list of the hotels along with their rates! Anyone reading this should feel free to hold that down.. lol

The Romanoff is down the block from Super Super on the left hand side. Damn I am beginning to sound like a shill for them. For me it serves it's purpose - out of the way but close enough to everything in town. Reasonably priced - $28-$32/night and NEVER a problem with bringing chica(s) back to the room. Remember these are not the Marriott's we are staying in down here. Do a search and you will find all the information you will need.

At the Europa, definitely stay in the apartments across the street from the main hotel - well that is my choice at least. Nomad mentions # 107 - I prefer # 105 over there. Do not ask me why but the apartments there are a bit cheaper than in the main hotel but if you are going the nickle and dime for a hotel in Sousa - stay home! Remember your hotel there is for shit, shower, shave and taking care of your chica business - not to stay inside and enjoy the beautiful furniture and mini bar.

nomad
03-21-2006, 05:56 AM
The Romanoff is down the block from Super Super on the left hand side. Damn I am beginning to sound like a shill for them. For me it serves it's purpose - out of the way but close enough to everything in town. Reasonably priced - $28-$32/night and NEVER a problem with bringing chica(s) back to the room. Remember these are not the Marriott's we are staying in down here. Do a search and you will find all the information you will need.

At the Europa, definitely stay in the apartments across the street from the main hotel - well that is my choice at least. Nomad mentions # 107 - I prefer # 105 over there. Do not ask me why but the apartments there are a bit cheaper than in the main hotel but if you are going the nickle and dime for a hotel in Sousa - stay home! Remember your hotel there is for shit, shower, shave and taking care of your chica business - not to stay inside and enjoy the beautiful furniture and mini bar.

Ok to give the devil his fun I will let Magnum fuck with me. And DO NOT try to use the pool at the apartments after hours. Eh, Magnum?

LMFAO

Nomad

Magnum
03-21-2006, 06:46 AM
Ok to give the devil his fun I will let Magnum fuck with me. And DO NOT try to use the pool at the apartments after hours. Eh, Magnum?

LMFAO

Nomad

Nah I was serious...I like #105.....

Pool after hours????? Shit you were the one who started the trouble....I had to bail you out of it AGAIN! That is what you get for having a happy hour with 2 sankies!

Apos
03-21-2006, 07:54 AM
I have paid in pesos at the Europa. Usually I pay $28 a night for a studio, $32 a night for a 1 bedroom (room #107 next to the pool). In the hotel part it was $35 a night for a typical room. Never had any problems. Rooms have always been fine. One time A/C was broke and Diego and the maintenance guy came right up to the room and fixed it.

The Club R is mellower and more low-key. The Europa might be a little better for mongering. But if you are planning a non-stop fuck fest with many "happy hours" then without a doubt the Palace would be the hotel. Not sure if they still rent it but the penthouse has your own private jacuzzi. Hotel Romanoff I have heard from Magnum is decent similiar to the Europa a little more off the beaten path but closer to the discos and the beach. But then everything is just a moto-conch away. Rocky's (Apos choice) is cheap, safe and decent but has no A/C. Should not need A/C for a couple of months anyway. Calypso is a nasty short time hotel. I would not kennel my dog there. Blue Dolphin is closed.

And if I remember correctly, RickRock once suggested sleeping under a boat on the beach. :) But then again I once took a nap in the Flamingo. Says something about the quality of chicas they had, eh?

Nomad

Rocky's does now have a room with a/c for the temperature challenged:p

LM
03-21-2006, 09:16 AM
$4 more than the Europa is a good deal, however, it might be more than that as Club R doesn't include "taxes" in their rates. Anyone know what those taxes come out to?

Club R...taxes are 16%

nomad
03-21-2006, 09:49 PM
Nah I was serious...I like #105.....

Pool after hours????? Shit you were the one who started the trouble....I had to bail you out of it AGAIN! That is what you get for having a happy hour with 2 sankies!

No such thing as an ugly woman with a dick in her mouth!

Nomad

BrooklynBeas
03-21-2006, 10:04 PM
i love it... OLD SKOOL all over again... Nomad and Magnum goin at it...

Europa is now 41 bucks for the same room that used to be 35 bucks... For those who said they never paid more then 35 bucks... as for Club R... i wouldnt stay there if that was the only hotel with rooms... Not because the place isnt good... But i had an argument with the boss... My friend was staying there and i was trying to go in with him to check out the place with like 2 other guys... Only guys, tourists that were gonna maybe give him money... He says no i dont want you guys coming in... I have no idea why, we arent putas... at least we dont think we are... He just said no and i said why not... i wanna check out the room... He said we are booked... I said but i come here 4 times a year... he said you guys are getting loud and i dont want your money! you cant stay here... I have no idea where it came from but i will never forget it and no i wasnt loud or drunk... I was getting a little loud though when he said i couldnt come to my friends room... Anyways, I will be at the palace in about 11 days and i will make as much fuckin noise as i want and i will be giving my money to a nice american guy!

nomad
03-21-2006, 10:52 PM

Europa is now 41 bucks for the same room that used to be 35 bucks... For those who said they never paid more then 35 bucks... as for Club R... i wouldnt stay there if that was the only hotel with rooms... Not because the place isnt good... But i had an argument with the boss... My friend was staying there and i was trying to go in with him to check out the place with like 2 other guys... Only guys, tourists that were gonna maybe give him money... He says no i dont want you guys coming in... I have no idea why, we arent putas... at least we dont think we are... He just said no and i said why not... i wanna check out the room... He said we are booked... I said but i come here 4 times a year... he said you guys are getting loud and i dont want your money! you cant stay here... I have no idea where it came from but i will never forget it and no i wasnt loud or drunk... I was getting a little loud though when he said i couldnt come to my friends room... Anyways, I will be at the palace in about 11 days and i will make as much fuckin noise as i want and i will be giving my money to a nice american guy!

Beas,

I have met the guy. He was a rude asshole. But then again at times so am I. But usually just to Magnum. Yep, do not let gringos in. But it is alright with him if Mimosa rents an apartment there. Guess that is his idea of perfect clientle.

Nomad

BrooklynBeas
03-21-2006, 11:06 PM
OK, i thought it was just me... glad to know there are others who think he is an asshole...

JD
03-22-2006, 03:28 AM
Beas,

I agree with you. When someone treats me like that they will never have to chance to have my business again.

JD

Magnum
03-22-2006, 05:16 AM

Beas you are probably one of the few who have been around long enough to remember our little song and dance routine. It does keep things interesting for us. We are going to take it on the road again the first week of April. I just hope he can get out for a night or two sin esposa.

Hemp
03-22-2006, 07:41 AM
I sent europa an email for some info and this is what they sent back...let me know if the rates here a fair:

thank you very much for your message.We have a doble bedroom available
with 2 bedrooms,2 bathrooms,1 kitchenette,1 air cond.,2 ceiling fans,
1 safety box,1 balcony overlooking the pool,1 hair dryer, 1 iron & iron board,
1 cable tv and so on.The rate per night,for a max. of four persons is 65 US,
including 24 h electricity,16% tax and daily room cleaning.
A normal suite,for two persons,with king size bed,would cost 40 US p. night.
Paying cash or with Trav.checks,you'll get a 4% discount.
Looking forward to your reservation we remain
with our best regards
D.Sterr,manager HOTEL PLAZA EUROPA

Jimmydr
03-22-2006, 07:55 AM
I sent europa an email for some info and this is what they sent back...let me know if the rates here a fair:

thank you very much for your message.We have a doble bedroom available
with 2 bedrooms,2 bathrooms,1 kitchenette,1 air cond.,2 ceiling fans,
1 safety box,1 balcony overlooking the pool,1 hair dryer, 1 iron & iron board,
1 cable tv and so on.The rate per night,for a max. of four persons is 65 US,
including 24 h electricity,16% tax and daily room cleaning.
A normal suite,for two persons,with king size bed,would cost 40 US p. night.
Paying cash or with Trav.checks,you'll get a 4% discount.
Looking forward to your reservation we remain
with our best regards
D.Sterr,manager HOTEL PLAZA EUROPA

Rates look fine.

nomad
03-23-2006, 01:07 AM
Beas you are probably one of the few who have been around long enough to remember our little song and dance routine. It does keep things interesting for us. We are going to take it on the road again the first week of April. I just hope he can get out for a night or two sin esposa.

I managed last trip but you were already gone. Will manage it this trip also. I will just tell her I am going out with a bunch of rude, crude and socially unacceptable mongers (MAGNUM, Apos, Beas etc...). I am sure it will work.

Nomad

Magnum
03-23-2006, 05:26 AM
I managed last trip but you were already gone. Will manage it this trip also. I will just tell her I am going out with a bunch of rude, crude and socially unacceptable mongers (MAGNUM, Apos, Beas etc...). I am sure it will work.

Nomad

I have to figure out whether that is a compliment or an insult!

Apos
03-23-2006, 06:35 AM
I have to figure out whether that is a compliment or an insult!it must be a compliment...he fits right in:D

BrooklynBeas
03-23-2006, 08:26 AM
hehe... ill take it as a compliment... Even though most of you guys arent gonna be at the palace you can stop by my room (C-4) whenever you like... If i say "IM BUSY" that means im fuckin... or else ill just open the door!

Chances are the party will be either on the first floor in Jaymans room or in the Penthouse where T-bob will rest his penis...

agua chico
04-21-2006, 12:00 PM

LOL!, Man on a mission. :)