PDA

View Full Version : Why go to Cabarete??

singletravel
04-09-2004, 11:11 AM
There are dozens of hotels in Cabarete and from what I understand many of the "upscale" are not excited about over-night guests (or even short time). It's their image, for this is really a young and family area -- so check and ask before!! I always stay in Sosua (ten minutes).

No Cabarete doesn't have the girls of Sosua or PP and the traffic is crazy and probably the most expensive restaurants in the Dominican Republic. So why go??

A awesome beach (and on the weekends filled with locals from 100 miles around, great to meet a non-pro), laid back S. Calif feel (no fat Germans or touts bugging you) and at night a cool place to hang (Ono's bar is #1) to meet some "real people" and maybe get lucky. After 11.00PM "Las Brisas" turns into a disco (and some cute working girls start to appear, in case you don't get lucky) and on the way back to the Sosua discos you can stop at El quipo for a sure thing :)

I was there last week ...

Cabarete (norht coast of the DR, 20 minutes from Sosua) has become one of the hotest destinations in the Caribbean. Yesterday (sunday) took me 30 minutes to drive to the end. Full of the "young & sporty" crowd it is a happening place. At night the bars are full and while not a real monger place, you can get lucky and meet some lonely French secretary or ??

Real estate has almost doubled in the last year and prices are now moving towards Sosua. The bad news it is like Coney Ilsand and traffic has become a nightmare. But a great place to hang out and at night Las Brisas rocks and El Quipo is just down the road. This is a happening place and if you wind surf (or kite surf) well, it is amazing. Even the waves now have traffic problems now.

The beach

http://www.tsmtravel.com/free/4.jpg

The action for the athletic

http://www.tsmtravel.com/free/5.jpg

action for the all-inclusive people

http://www.tsmtravel.com/free/7.jpg
For the crowds

http://www.tsmtravel.com/free/6.jpg

and don't forget on the drive back to Sosua I always get a girl waiting for a Wha/Wha -- I love this country!!

continentalmike
08-12-2004, 02:59 PM
word... :D

RickRock
08-12-2004, 04:07 PM
Im hearing about el Quipo but havn't had much of a chance to head out of sosua in that direction, so what / where is this place? I road a passola to and through cabarette once and back out, thats my only experience with it..

Jimmydr
08-12-2004, 04:12 PM
Im hearing about el Quipo but havn't had much of a chance to head out of sosua in that direction, so what / where is this place? I road a passola to and through cabarette once and back out, thats my only experience with it..

Sleezy hole in the wall with 10-30 chicas, mostly 1-3 in looks with 1-2 8's, if you are lucky.

nomad
12-18-2004, 11:31 PM
Yes I am alive.

Cabarete has alot of whores. Pretty much like Sosua. Just not as obvious as Sosua. They are not as aggressive. Where there are tourists there are whores. I like hanging out at Las Brisas. But for daytime action just cruise by the Western Union. Casa Equipo has some chicas. Nothing I would touch. Try the beach on Sundays also. About half the chicas you see are whores, the other half are looking for a boyfriend. My wife goes to school and all her friends ask if I have gringo friends who want a girlfriend. Being me, I automatically translate this into Western Union boyfriend. But there are a few real girlfriends out there.

Nomad

Don Tomas
12-19-2004, 05:20 AM
Yes I am alive...My wife goes to school and all her friends ask if I have gringo friends who want a girlfriend. Being me, I automatically translate this into Western Union boyfriend. But there are a few real girlfriends out there.

Nomad

Good to see you are still alive Nomad! You in the DR?

Your wife have any cute girlfriends for me? :D

jd_mine
12-19-2004, 09:52 AM
Hey Nomad, how are you doing??? I'm going again in April, for four weeks this time. Being there for a longer time, I'd like something less pro this time as well. Can you get N. to hook me up with something cute???
You know I'm a nice guy :-) LOL

silkdisk45
01-06-2005, 07:06 PM
Aventura Hotel, thats the best reason to venture out to Cabarete and 10 minutes beyond