PDA

View Full Version : Hotel REY of La Vega

BrooklynBeas
08-05-2004, 03:54 PM
La Vega is about 15 minutes from Santiago and being that Jimmy doesnt have a La Vega Section I will post it here... Jimmy by next trip i expect you to have a La Vega and Mau section!!!

This hotel is one of only 2 hotels that i know of in La Vega and the better of the two ... it has ice cold A/C, clean clean clean rooms towels soap lotion a water cooler with cups near reception desk.. TV in room.. HOT HOT water in the shower and a desk in the room... sorry i dont have the contact into with me here at work but i brought home a business card and will try to remember to bring it in tomorrow to post that info

PRICE (which is the best part) 600 pesos... but this is a rate because my friend is a friend ... you may get the same or may pay 700... dont pay more then that though... and you should not have any problems with chicas coming in cause i asked the guy at the front desk where the chicas were but he was gay so he didnt really help me hahahaha

BrooklynBeas
08-10-2004, 10:27 AM
Hotel Rey- La Vega

C/Restauracion No.3 Tel- 573-9797 Fax- 242-1985

Jimmydr
08-30-2004, 04:34 PM
I was never in LaVega. Is it a nice place?

BrooklynBeas
10-27-2004, 11:32 AM
i stayed here again last trip and it was better then any other hotel ive been in DR.... only 600 pesos a night for me and 700 for the average guest... which is about $20 ... 15 minutes from STI airport and a cold A/C... its the only hotel i had to put a blanket on during the night... across the street from the hotel... there is a small ghetto bar.. called Cafeteria Morena... 70 peso grande's and a 200 peso salida if you pull one of the girls from there... there were about 3 or 4 available not that hot but i got one thick green eyed chic for 800 including the salida... she started at 1000 + 200 salida... great idea if you fly into STI and want to spend a day in the santiago area....

jd_mine
10-27-2004, 11:34 AM
Anything else to do in La Vega??
I noticed a lot of the Sosua girls claim to be from there......

BrooklynBeas
10-27-2004, 11:39 AM
i went to a cell phone store and talked to this chic one day and got her number but didnt stay in La Vega long enough to chill ... but i think for the guy with some spanish skills it is a good place to meet a notaputa... i also bought ciggs for 300 + tax for a carton of Marlboros which came to 350 each... also the price of food and alcohol was cheaper here then in Sosua/POP ... I also got cd's for 60 pesos each ( same ones that sell in Sosua from 100 pesos and up) the guy selling them started at 75 pesos each... i told him i pay 60 and he said no problem...

BrooklynBeas
11-04-2004, 10:09 AM
http://www.umvclub.com/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=7879

Hotel Rey...

BrooklynBeas
11-04-2004, 10:11 AM
The small Ghetto Bar across the street from Hotel Rey...

Bagged a chica from in front of this place... She wanted 1000 plus 200 salida

I talked her down to 600 plus the 200 salida $800rd total for 1 1/2 hours or a bust

http://www.umvclub.com/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=7881

BrooklynBeas
11-04-2004, 10:13 AM
the bed....

http://www.umvclub.com/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=7883

BrooklynBeas
11-04-2004, 10:14 AM
Small TV mounted on the wall... remember the price of this hotel is only about 600-700 pesos a night

http://www.umvclub.com/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=7885

Berzin
03-18-2006, 06:20 PM
I stayed at this hotel and yes, it is very nice. Since I was actually sightseeing and hanging out with my friends who live in La Vega I did not get a chance to go out and see where the action is. We went out to a disco and there were no whores in sight. I spent the night talking to a "nice" dominican chica with morals who comes from a good family. Who would have thought.

As for the gay guy who works at the hotel, yeah, he is useless. I spent a few good days there but also a few nights with no "friend" to hang out with. Totally sucked. But I did enjoy the town during the day and I got to see alot of the Cibao Valley. That really is'nt what you guys are interested in, I know, but hey.

JD
03-18-2006, 06:55 PM
Berzin,

Not to go totally off board but your "from a good family" phrase reminds me of AZB on DR1. You didn't mention the name of the disco but your experience
reminds me of La Gran Mansion en Moca. Same type of experience.

Thanks for your mini-report,

JD

Berzin
03-21-2006, 05:51 PM
Berzin,

Not to go totally off board but your "from a good family" phrase reminds me of AZB on DR1. You didn't mention the name of the disco but your experience
reminds me of La Gran Mansion en Moca. Same type of experience.

Thanks for your mini-report,

JD

You are right. That is why I edited the comment. Let me apologize as I did'nt mean anything by it.

BrooklynBeas
03-21-2006, 10:41 PM
Berzin, glad you liked the hotel at least... The gay guy gives massages if you were interested... hahahaha... Sorry, i dont know if he is good because i didnt partake in that... If you would have just walked to the left when you exit the hotel and cross the street there is a lil small place/bar to buy beer and there are some girls that hang out there... I got one for 800 pesos one night when i didnt have a ride to travel the town...

johnnj2000
04-11-2006, 10:54 PM
you know I dont understand, you mean in La Vega n mocha thers no chance of meeting aa non puta to get laid? places like La Masion I assume pretty much have no tourists, and I guess a girl can get labeled as a whore if she is seen with a non dominican/? whats the deal? I wasplanning to explore this area and would like more of the 411

Jimmydr
04-12-2006, 07:46 AM
you know I dont understand, you mean in La Vega n mocha thers no chance of meeting aa non puta to get laid? places like La Masion I assume pretty much have no tourists, and I guess a girl can get labeled as a whore if she is seen with a non dominican/? whats the deal? I wasplanning to explore this area and would like more of the 411

If you can talk Spanish you can start a conversation with anyone and that can lead to anything.

BrooklynBeas
04-12-2006, 09:46 AM
exactly what Jimmy said... Everything is possible with confidence and spanish skills!

psriches
04-12-2006, 02:00 PM
exactly what Jimmy said... Everything is possible with confidence and spanish skills!Exactly, just like at home, there is no real method to the madness! Just jump in, talk to everybody and see what bites!

Jimmydr
04-12-2006, 02:02 PM
Exactly, just like at home, there is no real method to the madness! Just jump in, talk to everybody and see what bites!

You might end up having a great dinner with a family and many primas.

BrooklynBeas
04-12-2006, 03:34 PM
or you might end up in a cabana getting a lovely bbbj by an 18 yr old girl that just wants a few hundred pesos for some rice and beans for the family...

WSJ3
04-12-2006, 03:45 PM
Exactly, just like at home, there is no real method to the madness! Just jump in, talk to everybody and see what bites!

Don't listen to psriches...

His plans never work...

LOL...

:rolleyes:

BrooklynBeas
04-12-2006, 03:47 PM
im plannin on a quick trip in the next month or so... Maybe to La Vega and Santiago only... Details to follow... notaputas beware!

Berzin
04-12-2006, 08:13 PM
The small Ghetto Bar across the street from Hotel Rey...

Bagged a chica from in front of this place... She wanted 1000 plus 200 salida

I talked her down to 600 plus the 200 salida $800rd total for 1 1/2 hours or a bust

http://www.umvclub.com/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=7881

Is this place OK in terms of safety if I want to hang out there and check out whatever chicas may be around? I speak fluent spanish but as a tourist I kind of stick out like a sore thumb and I don't wnat to go soemwhere and be harrased and/or followed. Thanks in advance.

Jimmydr
04-12-2006, 08:14 PM
Is this place OK in terms of safety if I want to hang out there and check out whatever chicas may be around? I speak fluent spanish but as a tourist I kind of stick out like a sore thumb and I don't wnat to go soemwhere and be harrased and/or followed. Thanks in advance.

People that speak Spanish are less likely to be bothered because translaters have nothing to offer.

BrooklynBeas
04-12-2006, 10:01 PM
if i didnt feel safe i wouldnt go there.. I feel just as safe as in any other part of the DR ive been too...

ROVER
08-05-2006, 10:19 AM
From looking at the map it looks like if one were to land in Santiago that it might be best to stop at La Vega and then head to Jarabacoa if that was your plan.............Sound right ??

How far (time wise) is Jarabacoa from La Vega ??

Jimmydr
08-05-2006, 10:20 AM
From looking at the map it looks like if one were to land in Santiago that it might be best to stop at La Vega and then head to Jarabacoa if that was your plan.............Sound right ??

How far (time wise) is Jarabacoa from La Vega ??

Opposite directions I think. Go left to La Vega mayb 15 minutes or go right to Jarraboccoa for 40 minutes.

ROVER
08-05-2006, 10:25 AM
Take a look at the map D.T. posted. After finding Santiago about 2 inches below is Jarabacoa, and La vega looks close to Jarabocoa ????

Go here http://home.tiscali.nl/~t794614/dr/maps/mapdr.htm

ChicaRider
08-07-2006, 10:15 AM
They are in the same general area... all exits for La Vaga on the Autopista Duarte list them both. Jarabacoa is just a little farther away. Keep in mind, like Puerto Plata, there's the town of La Vega and the region of La Vega...

ROVER
08-07-2006, 06:02 PM
O.K. so Santiago to La Vega (city) How far time wise....via Metro.

BrooklynBeas
08-07-2006, 06:16 PM
O.K. so Santiago to La Vega (city) How far time wise....via Metro.

drive it in about 20 minutes or so...