PDA

View Full Version : Fatboys

Don Tomas
08-05-2004, 03:58 PM
I found out you can rent H-D Fatboys in Cabarete. Put those 100cc motos to shame!

Cita del Sol in Cabarete, one of the guys is part owner of the ADA car rental place next to the hotel.

Cost: $100/day $500/week (Those are probably the gringo prices)

BrooklynBeas
08-05-2004, 04:04 PM
Don does that come with vasoline or do they just rip apart your ass without it???

Don Tomas
08-05-2004, 04:13 PM
Don does that come with vasoline or do they just rip apart your ass without it???

I presume you are referring to the prices. Yes they are high for the DR but in the US Fatboys run about $150/day or $750/week.

BrooklynBeas
08-05-2004, 04:15 PM
OK and in the us i can get a whore for $1000 dollars an hour and in DR i can get one for $10 a night... should i keep going?

Don Tomas
08-05-2004, 05:02 PM
OK and in the us i can get a whore for $1000 dollars an hour and in DR i can get one for $10 a night... should i keep going?

You are absolutely right except for one minor flaw. The whores in the DR are not imported from the US.

You buy a BIC lighter in the DR for about 120 pesos, about the same cost in the US. But you can buy 3 packs of Dominican Marlboros for the same cost, since they are not imported!

You buy American Beef in finer restaurants, a little cheaper then the US since they save on preparation labor but still expensive for the DR.

I agree the cost of items in the DR for the most part is about 1/6th of US costs UNLESS it is imported from the US.

Next time try buying a Motorola cell phone in the DR, guess what about the same price they are in the US.

BrooklynBeas
08-06-2004, 07:14 AM

you can buy 3 packs of Dominican Marlboros for the same cost, since they are not imported!

Just for the record... Cartons (10 packs) of ciggs in the DR cost between 290 pesos in Super Super to 320 pesos in the Supermercado near PJ's which is about 6 or 7 bucks and in NYC a Pack of smokes will now cost you over $7 each!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The point is even though cars may be imported the price of $100-$150 a day is still too much... i borrowed/rented someones car for 1000 pesos a day and i think that was too much!!

Don Tomas
08-06-2004, 09:59 AM

you can buy 3 packs of Dominican Marlboros for the same cost, since they are not imported!

Just for the record... Cartons (10 packs) of ciggs in the DR cost between 290 pesos in Super Super to 320 pesos in the Supermercado near PJ's which is about 6 or 7 bucks and in NYC a Pack of smokes will now cost you over $7 each!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The point is even though cars may be imported the price of $100-$150 a day is still too much... i borrowed/rented someones car for 1000 pesos a day and i think that was too much!!

Actually 299 @ Super Super the last time I was there but Marlboros are about 35-50 pesos a pack individually.

Yes I totally agree the price is high but still slighty cheaper then the US for a one of a kind item to drive around. I'm sure for your $1000RD you are renting someone's Honda, Toyota, etc that looks like every other Honda... on the road.

BrooklynBeas
08-06-2004, 11:14 AM
you must be spying on me ... yes it is a toyota... and who cares what it looks like my wallet is whats impressive in the DR not the car... and for the record a car can be had for less then 100-150 in the US at times