PDA

View Full Version : How Safe

Skynyrd
01-04-2008, 10:09 AM
Hey guys Im flying into SDQ on Jan 17 for a couple nights, then heading to Sousa for 3 nights and onto Blackbeards for 5 more nights..

Question:
How SAFE is Caribe Bus trip from SDQ to Sousa ?..and do they have rest stops to get out and stretch , get a drink ect ?

Also back in Nov. I saw signs all over SDQ offering "Taxi" rides to Sousa for about 150.00...Do ya'll thinks its worth the difference ?..I mean is a Taxi alot safer and faster on the trip and you can always ask him to stop for food, drinks ect right?

Jimmydr
01-04-2008, 10:17 AM
Not only is it safe, its 99% on time. It stops in Santiago for 15 minutes and you can get a snack there. I rode the bus maybe 10 times.

Beads
01-04-2008, 10:27 AM
I would definitely prefer Caribe Tours over the taxi. The price is MUCH CHEAPER and could be sitting next to a hot chica to keep you busy for the ride.

Jimmydr
01-04-2008, 10:27 AM
Just bring a jacket because it gets cold on them busses.

Skynyrd
01-04-2008, 10:45 AM
Great info guys,
I will take te Bus and hope for a HOT CHICA seatmate lol

B_J_Lover
01-04-2008, 11:03 AM
I did the bus in November and I could not recommend it more. 280 pesos. It is very cold, so bring the jacket or blanket, but several stops and it made it to Sosua in 4 hours.

Skynyrd
01-04-2008, 11:18 AM
Hey BJ Lover,
WHO is that chica in the pink top on your AV ?? WOW !!!

eldorob
01-04-2008, 12:20 PM
Very safe and well worth it, bus stops several times...people get off and get food, drinks...

If you have luggage in the baggage compartments under the bus, I always try to sit on that side to watch when the bus is stopped but have never seen or heard of any theft...there is normally an armed security guard at each bus stop due to it being a cash business...

Always chicas on the bus....wait till the bus is a little full and just ask a cute one if you can sit next to her....

B_J_Lover
01-04-2008, 01:54 PM
Hey BJ Lover,
WHO is that chica in the pink top on your AV ?? WOW !!!

Ex love that floats in and out of my life from time to time. Domestic was fun, but international is where it's at!

weyland
01-04-2008, 02:46 PM
Riding in the Caribe bus was the only time I felt 100% safe travelling in the DR. Way safer than cars and taxis. Also the only aspect of DR life that seemed totally First World for comfort, cleanliness and (usually) punctuality. No, wait, the dentist was good too, but the bus is more fun. Both the bus and the dentist were very cheap. Skynyrd, I hope you have some dental problems on your holiday so you can take advantage of another DR bargain besides the bus. :)

El Capitan
01-04-2008, 03:57 PM
Caribe is super safe (read my Jarabacoa trip reports), I don't know if they stop onthe way to Sousa, but there is plenty of room to stretch on the bus, they are not full.....and the bus is a tour type bus...they have a bathroom in the back....bring something to drink and some munchies, sit back and enjoy the ride

Skynyrd
01-10-2008, 09:57 AM
Caribe is super safe (read my Jarabacoa trip reports), I don't know if they stop onthe way to Sousa, but there is plenty of room to stretch on the bus, they are not full.....and the bus is a tour type bus...they have a bathroom in the back....bring something to drink and some munchies, sit back and enjoy the ride

Im glad you mentioned munchies and drink..I will load up !

1 MORE WEEK !!!!

Hemp
01-10-2008, 10:08 AM
100% agree!!! i thought i was on greyhound for a minute...:p

Riding in the Caribe bus was the only time I felt 100% safe travelling in the DR. Way safer than cars and taxis. Also the only aspect of DR life that seemed totally First World for comfort, cleanliness and (usually) punctuality. No, wait, the dentist was good too, but the bus is more fun. Both the bus and the dentist were very cheap. Skynyrd, I hope you have some dental problems on your holiday so you can take advantage of another DR bargain besides the bus. :)

russo1
02-21-2008, 08:13 AM
Is this the same skynyrd that is at CRT?If so your woman is really HOT !Luv'd ur pics from ZB.

Cheeno
02-21-2008, 02:10 PM
Hey guys :smile:

The bus is very safe, cheap, punctual, and a great way to meet chicas. :mrgreen:

Here is a thread about Caribe Tours
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?t=68514

I highly recommend it!!!

P.S. Remember to arrive at the bus station on time.