PDA

View Full Version : Let it Rain, Let it Rain, Let it Rain....

eldorob
03-24-2006, 02:20 PM
19 days and a WAKEUP - and Boy am I lucky, I almost planned my first trip to the DR during the rainiest month of the year. After booking and reserving, I discovered that May has NINE inches of rain on the average! I am coming April 15th, and April only has an average of EIGHT inches of rain. WOW, THAT WAS VERY CLOSE......
Dont really care tho, As long as the roof don't leak at Rockys House of Blues & Rock Motel Bar & Grill Emporium....
However, I did plan my trip so I could spend a Sunday oogoling (among other things) the Beach Bunnies, so what does everybody do when it rains at the Beach? Go in the water??

BrooklynBeas
03-24-2006, 02:21 PM
If it rains, I do indoor sports... Hopefully you know what i mean...

Bug Boy
03-24-2006, 02:33 PM
so what does everybody do when it rains at the Beach? Go in the water??
If I'm at the beach and it's only a light rain, I wait the 15-30 minutes for it to pass. However, if it's raining long and heavy during the day, I head to the capital (shopping mall, massage parlors.)

I do my best to avoid traveling to DR during the "rainy" season, but sometimes you can't avoid it.

-Helpmann :)

JuanElGriego
03-24-2006, 02:48 PM
However, I did plan my trip so I could spend a Sunday oogoling (among other things) the Beach Bunnies, so what does everybody do when it rains at the Beach? Go in the water??

This past September, there were 2-3 times i was at the beach when it started to rain. Some people started to scramble while others didn't budge.

I'll tell you one thing though, it was MUCH warmer in the water during the rain that it was outside the water, so i would just wait it out in the water. It's actually pretty fun, especially if you have some company in the water if u know what i mean.

I'll never understand people who freak out when it starts to rain, as if it's piles of shit falling on you or something.

Bug Boy
03-24-2006, 03:12 PM
[SIZE=2]19 days and a WAKEUP - and Boy am I lucky, I almost planned my first trip to the DR during the rainiest month of the year.

I was in Sosua for 17 days in January. It rained 15 out of 17 days. The best advice I can give you is to bring a "folding" umbrella. The compact ones you can stick in your back pocket and take it with you everytime you go out. As a matter of fact bring two just in case you loose one or you meet a #10 chica who needs one and will exchange pleasure at a discount rate for the umbrella.

Only good thing when it rains, the weather is warm so it is not unusual to be wearing short pants and carrying an umbrella.

Enjoy your trip.

the_Jayman
03-24-2006, 04:18 PM
so what does everybody do when it rains at the Beach? Go in the water??

I've had a fair amount of rain in my trips probably close to 50/50 . . . doesn't really spoil anything for me but I'm not a lay around the pool or out on the Beach kinda guy.

I'm surprised Beas didn't tell ya the story about this past November when he and I were in the Black Beards Jacuzzi with our chicas . . . drinkin and eating chicken wings . . . let each other play with each other's chica's titties . . .

after a while to sky fuckin opened up . . . I MEAN POURING ! ! It was SPECTACULAR ! ! The Jacuzzi was nice and warm . . . me and Beas had a hell of a glow and that rain commin down . . . .

AMAZING ! ! I'll pray for rain everytime I'm in that thing ! !

BrooklynBeas
03-24-2006, 05:17 PM
I've had a fair amount of rain in my trips probably close to 50/50 . . . doesn't really spoil anything for me but I'm not a lay around the pool or out on the Beach kinda guy.

I'm surprised Beas didn't tell ya the story about this past November when he and I were in the Black Beards Jacuzzi with our chicas . . . drinkin and eating chicken wings . . . let each other play with each other's chica's titties . . .

after a while to sky fuckin opened up . . . I MEAN POURING ! ! It was SPECTACULAR ! ! The Jacuzzi was nice and warm . . . me and Beas had a hell of a glow and that rain commin down . . . .

AMAZING ! ! I'll pray for rain everytime I'm in that thing ! !

It was really priceless and could not be explained... you just have to experience it for yourselves... Seriously it was one of the best nights of my life... Jay, not sure if you were there or sleepin or fuckin but one of those two nights i went back to the jacuzzi and Vdubman decided to go streaking... We ran from the jacuzzi butt ass naked and ran in the pool... I think Vdub got yelled at for that one... Another priceless event held by the brothers of ISOC!!!

the_Jayman
03-24-2006, 05:43 PM
got yelled @ by Black Beards ?

By who ? Some bozzo chica or a white dude ?

I've done a LOT of fucked up shit at Black Beards and never got yelled at . . .

well I got yelled at once by a chica for makin too much noise . . .

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/the_jayman/27548ddf.jpg

I barked right at her with my best pointer finger "FUCK YOU CHICA ! !"

she paid for that mistake the rest of our trip . . . everytime any of us saw her it was "FUCK YOU CHICA" ! !

BrooklynBeas
03-24-2006, 05:45 PM
The boss at blackbeards said we went a lil too far... i couldnt believe it either... Ask Vdub!

the_Jayman
03-24-2006, 05:53 PM
maybe cause Vdub wasn't stayin there ?

I'm like the ultimate Black Beards shill so maybe they let me get away with a little extra :dontknow:

BrooklynBeas
03-24-2006, 05:55 PM
yeah guess so....

Phoenix
03-24-2006, 07:14 PM
Living out here in the desert I actually don't mind seeing the rain. We went 144 days here with no rain. The whole damn state is going to be burning this summer

gdogg
03-25-2006, 02:28 AM
eldorob, don't sweat it. It should go without saying that it's gonna rain during your trip. I bring down a cheap poncho ($3 at Dollar General) and a small umbrella that fits in my pocket (cargo pants) just in case. Trust me, it won't affect your trip. I remember one time it rained so hard, you couldn't pass Domino/4 Roses...it was that flooded. I just sat down at the bar for a few minutes until the water level subsided a bit. You'll be fine!!

Bug Boy
03-25-2006, 05:48 AM
I remember one time it rained so hard, you couldn't pass Domino/4 Roses...it was that flooded. I just sat down at the bar for a few minutes until the water level subsided a bit. You'll be fine!!

On 03/01/06 the same thing happened near Classicos. From Club X to the new New York Shark Bar you could not cross the street. The water was up over the curb. After a few cuba libres and a couple of Presidentes things were fine.

Like gdogg said, Don't sweat it!

mirage6
03-25-2006, 09:58 AM
damn may is the rainiest times of the year to go to dr i never knew thst what about power outages does this last a long time i cant stand hot weather for al ong period of time