PDA

View Full Version : casa cayena or new garden

Summit
01-08-2008, 01:47 AM
Which hotel is better? Casa Cayena or New Garden? It is difficult to determine what hotel is the better choice.

I am willing to pay more for better accomodations. Casa Cayena is more expensive. Is it a better place to stay?

ElPlomero
01-08-2008, 02:17 AM
Yes and no.

It depends on what you like.

Casa Cayena is quieter. With the kid, the dog, and the bird, things can be a little noisy, which you will notice in the morning.

If the wrong people stay at Casa Cayena, (early pool users)you will be hearing them through the glass-less windows that they have.

In this case, it will be louder and more disruptive to a sleeping you than The New Garden.

They both have decent bars, and you can get a good cup of coffee.

The rooms are a little more elegant at Casa Cayena. The beds are wierd and I woke up every day with a back ache. I stayed there with others and they said the same thing. I've stayed in more than one room, they were all like that.

I had no bed problems at The New Garden.

The New Garden has more ISOCers there. If you're going to hang out with them (us) it's slightly more convenient.

I think you can count on Wilfred more than the staff at Casa Cayena to help you with incidentals.

They both have restaurants, but the Casa Cayena's restaurant is open more hours, but that may be changing. I know The New Garden is trying to make their restaurant more relevant to their guests.

The New Garden is a little closer to things, (Pedro Clisante)but not by very much.

The New Garden is ISOC friendly. That should count for something.

They both have periodically working wireless internet.

If I missed anything, sorry.

ELPlomero

Jimmydr
01-08-2008, 12:42 PM
I stayed at the New garden about 5 times and thats the only place in Sosua that I would stay at.

Jimbo44
01-08-2008, 01:18 PM
I stayed at the New garden about 5 times and thats the only place in Sosua that I would stay at.
I agree wholeheartedly. Also, this time I took advantage of Willies cooking. You will notice all the Italian guest always eating there. That is because they know Willie is going to cook up a good meal. All you have to do is ask, and he will accomodate. Try to get a few or more ISOC guys together and plan ahead and let him know. The meals were excellent and no fucking tax!!:p

Jimbo44
01-08-2008, 01:20 PM
Not to mention there are always chicas stopping by to see if anyone wants to "play". I stayed at Casa Cayena 1x, and did not see this, and yes the beds sucked as did the AC.

Choirboy
01-08-2008, 01:40 PM
The one possible problem you may have at the New Garden is losing your room to an Italian who may want to stay longer than originally planned. Even though Wilfried has done wonders with the reservation system, Lorenzo (the owner) can still screw things up. Once you've made your reservation, the prudent thing to do is e-mail Wilfried every week or so to let him know you are still coming.

Jimbo44
01-08-2008, 02:17 PM
He can only get away with that so many times, until this board will chnage their view of the NG, and he would eventually loose our business. So far, I have always been treated well and hope this continues. I will always recommend the NG otherwise.

peekaboo7
01-30-2008, 07:27 AM
How far is NG from classico?

Jimmydr
01-30-2008, 07:34 AM
How far is NG from classico?

Its a 5-7 minute walk maybe.

ErikS
01-30-2008, 10:45 AM
Its a 5-7 minute walk maybe.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

5-7 minutes? Only if your crawling on your hands and knees!

1-2 minutes if you walk normally.

If you have a good arm, you could hit Classicos with a baseball thrown from the New Garden. ;)

sicpup71
01-30-2008, 10:57 AM

1-2 minutes if you walk normally.

If you have a good arm, you could hit Classicos with a baseball thrown from the New Garden. ;)

or 3-5 if your fat like me.:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

peekaboo7
01-30-2008, 12:10 PM
Thanks guys. I'll be arriving late thursday and that's where i want to stay. When i return next Wednesday, i promise to make a nice report. :cheesygrin: I see below some people have mentioned the hotel is ISOC member friendly, is there a special handshake i need to learn so that i get the good treatment?

Jimbo44
01-30-2008, 12:13 PM
Sure, the one with a few hindred peso notes rolled up in it!!
Just kidding!!!

vdc2405
01-30-2008, 01:22 PM
I'll be arriving at the NG this Sunday. I plan to stay there for a few days as well.

So far, all the reviews I've read about NG have been positive.

When I initially emailed them for a reservation, I was surprised that I actually got a response and also how fast I got it (the next day) from Willie.

I think it's $55/night, but if you mention that you're an ISOC member, you get a slight discount on that. Not much, but it's something...anyway,4 days and counting.....can't wait!!!

By the way, anyone know how far away/which direction the pharmacia is from the NG and where the closest ATM is to the NG?

Jimmydr
01-30-2008, 01:27 PM
By the way, anyone know how far away/which direction the pharmacia is from the NG and where the closest ATM is to the NG?

Pharmacia is to the right and there are 5 others in town. There are about 12 ATMs scattered around Sosua.

weyland
01-30-2008, 03:13 PM

Or have very short legs:

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/656847a0d7e94d4c2.jpg

One of the best movies ever about (the contemporary equivalent of) a WU sucker and his whore. It is amazing how similar these relationships are, whether it's Paris in 1890 or Sosúa in 2008.

Rumour is Jimmy has been sounded out to play the lead in a remake.

ErnieCarbo
02-05-2008, 10:37 AM
Walked by New Garden this morning and it looks like construction of a new building has started. It was partitioned off but heard some banging going on. This was at about 8:15AM on my way for breakfast.

Beads
02-05-2008, 10:40 AM
Nice they need more rooms. There sold out for a good portion of March Madness. So if you didn't book a room yet and needed one good luck.

Jimbo44
02-05-2008, 10:40 AM
So once again I get no sleep after 8 am or so.. when I arrive in March!!!

Beads
02-05-2008, 10:41 AM
So once again I get no sleep after 8 am or so.. when I arrive in March!!!

Just drink more at night and sleep through it!

Jimbo44
02-05-2008, 10:44 AM
I think it is time u return, what do you have going on in March??

Beads
02-05-2008, 11:40 AM
I think its time I return too.

Jimbo44
02-05-2008, 01:35 PM
Pull that trigger, Jet Blue is or I know was offering some good deals. I am flying out of JFK on 3/13 for 335 round trip to POP.

Choirboy
02-05-2008, 08:53 PM
Jimbo, when I was there last week in #21, two guys were sledgehammering the old bathroom building apart starting at 8 in the morning. It took them 2 days. The new 15 rooms are going straight out to the wall next to Casa Valeria. Hopefully, by the time you get there, the worst noise will be over. They worked both Saturday and Sunday. Wilfried said it should be completed in May.

MisterPink
02-05-2008, 09:13 PM
They worked both Saturday and Sunday. Wilfried said it should be completed in May.

2009 or 2010?

Choirboy
02-05-2008, 10:05 PM
2009 or 2010?

Good point !!! But believe it or not, they got a lot of work done in the last 4 or 5 days I was there.

Jimbo44
02-06-2008, 11:03 AM
Jimbo, when I was there last week in #21, two guys were sledgehammering the old bathroom building apart starting at 8 in the morning. It took them 2 days. The new 15 rooms are going straight out to the wall next to Casa Valeria. Hopefully, by the time you get there, the worst noise will be over. They worked both Saturday and Sunday. Wilfried said it should be completed in May.

Great, I am in rm # 17 which is right under your room, and right next to the bathroom! I will bring earpugs this time....:confused:

peekaboo7
02-06-2008, 06:11 PM
I just got back and it was the best 4 days of my life. Any woman you see can be yours in Sosua. I don't care if she works at a bar or at a bank, you can have her. I spent 2 days in New Garden and 2 days in Europa. Both were fine for what i needed. Classico is a place to grope all the fine women you want until you get tired. You don't muscles and good looks just 1500 pesos and you're in. ( I have all 3 by the way :corky:) I bagged 8 chicas in my short stay and they all were top notch model look a likes. If anyone has questions, I'll be more than happy to answer them if i can. Thanks to my predecessors who made this thing possible and let's continue to share intel.

weyland
02-06-2008, 06:36 PM
I bagged 8 chicas in my short stay and they all were top notch model look-a-likes.
I hope none of the Colombia crew read that. According to them there are only dogs in Sosúa nowadays. :rolleyes:

Glad you had a great time, though. Would be even better if you posted a report and pics.

BCell
02-06-2008, 07:40 PM
I don't know what's worse, these men at work or hearing Incogneg slaying chocha from across the patio

guttaman
02-07-2008, 09:53 AM
Gonna check out of the NG in a few hours. The noise of the heavy banging is over. They are putting up the rebar and banging was not heard from the room i was in the past 2 nights #1. When i was in #23 i had the door and window to the balcony open and it still was not bad.

Young Hero
02-07-2008, 01:10 PM
Nice Job Peek! How about giving us a peek at those model types. The good thing about the construction is that maybe it drowns out the damn clipped bird. I hope it's done by April/May or I may have to try elsewhere.