PDA

View Full Version : WTF?!?!?!?!

JuanElGriego
01-08-2008, 11:29 AM
Possibly the most disturbing thing i've ever seen in my life ......

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail;jsessionid=62D77752EBEAA1F1D3E72C2A21703182?contentId=5398508&version=8&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1.1&sflg=1

Good news is the guy has since been arrested.

SJG
01-08-2008, 11:54 AM
Apalling violence.

This from the same city that riots, overturns cars, and sets fires whenever their teams win Championships.... ('84 Tigers, '90 Pistons, etc.)

Good things Detroit teams mostly suck, that way they have time to rebuild the city between wins. Pistons are having an amazing year, I'd drop stock in any company that insures in Detroit.....

Jimbo44
01-08-2008, 01:39 PM
What team did the Knick coach play for?? Oh!

3somefan
01-08-2008, 03:11 PM
Unbelievable!! Let's just say if I ran into this man..he would get street justice!! You don't do that shit to a little child!!

Although it was hard to watch, thanks for sharing Juan...we need to be aware of this type of stuff happening.

RickRock
01-08-2008, 03:28 PM
they should show this tape at the cafeteria of whatever jail he is kept in. they love child abusers in there

agua chico
01-08-2008, 03:49 PM
Coward, I am sure that's not his first time. Why did he go out with the little kid if he did not like him?

remyman41
01-08-2008, 03:55 PM
They will take care of him in the Pen.

PapiQueRico
01-08-2008, 04:41 PM
What this guy did was disgusting.

This past Sunday I was treated to the other side of the coin. A completely out of control kid with a father who wouldn't do a thing to control him. This 4 year old was running around my store, purposely knocking over a stack of magazines (several times) and jumping up on a cooler that was right next to a large plate glass window. After politely asking the father to reel in his kid a couple of times (only to have him say it was his kid and none of my biz) I threw the jerk-off out of the store, needing to threaten to call the police for him to finally leave. Of course this type of irresponsible parent would have also been the first one to file suit if his kid had gotten hurt. I always say that the ability to reproduce and the ability to parent don't come in the same package. Each has to be achieved separately.

3somefan
01-08-2008, 04:53 PM
I hear Papi...

I just say a responsible adult needs to know where the line is between disciplining a child and abusing a child. :)

ElPlomero
01-08-2008, 11:53 PM
Child discipline is a sensitive issue, always has been, always will be. Mostly because of the abusers like that guy.

There are always people on both side of the fence and those who take either side to the extreme.

When my son was small, I hosted a cub scout den in my house. We, another father and I,(who were co-leaders of the den) were not in agreement about how to handle things, when the kids of the parents who didn't teach their kids how to behave around others, would act up.

I'm sorry, but after spending a whole year of my life building a house for my family, 8 months of which was spent without a kitchen, I take umbrage in someone taking a Sharpie to my walls. Even if that someone is a 10 year old kid.

I told those parents that I wasn't a paid babysitter and that their kids were ruining things for the kids who behaved and were actually trying to stick to the program.

I told the parents to either make their kids behave or that they couldn't leave them at my house. My co-den leader would object, but when I suggested that since he was alright with some of the kids causing property damage, which he didn't think was a big deal, that we should have the meetings at his house. Of course, he declined.

When I started my plumbing business, I had to discontinue things, because my irregular schedule wouldn't permit me to continue, but the point is, I've seen all sides of the scale, and it makes me afraid for the future of the world, in this regard.

There are too many of the "time out" parents, and not enough of the "slap the kid on the ass" parents. Especially in my home state of Massachusetts.

For the record... I'm in favor of one slap, open handed,( no belts, spoons, or other implements) on the gluteous, when talking fails. Any more and it's not for him/her, it's for you and I think that's wrong.

I may be biased, but my observation was that the kids whose parents exercised control of their kids had a better time and were liked by all. The others seemed to always be angry, out of control, and looking for trouble.

My kids are now teenagers and neither their mother nor I have laid a hand on them in years. We haven't had to. My kids realize that they have a responsibility to behave correctly and they know that if it comes down to it, I will suffer the pain in my hand by wacking them in the ass.

People tell me that they are good kids, and I see, when they interact with others, they do so with respect for the next person.

I'm not saying that they don't make mistakes. My kid recently broke someone's window when he hit a foul ball, he shouldn't have been playing so close to the guy's car. But he came to me, told me about it, and we paid the guy whose window he broke. It was a mistake and as long as you take responsibility and make the other guy whole, well, shit happens.

He's shoveling the walk and the driveway, solo, for the next 3 snowstorms.

I hope I haven't opened a can of worms here, and I'll get off my soapbox now.

ELPlomero

Apos
01-08-2008, 11:58 PM
you probably have but i agree with you.

in fact i HOPE that jimmy picks your post to start a new debate thread:

should corporal punishment be used with children and to what degree if it should be?

i remember when i grew up.....:rolleyes: (i mean when i was growing up :o) :lol:

Child discipline is a sensitive issue, always has been, always will be. Mostly because of the abusers like that guy.

There are always people on both side of the fence and those who take either side to the extreme.

When my son was small, I hosted a cub scout den in my house. We, another father and I, were not in agreement about how to handle things, when the kids of the parents who didn't teach their kids how to behave around others, would act up.

I'm sorry, but after spending a whole year of my life building a house for my family, 8 months of which was spent without a kitchen, I take umbrage in someone taking a Sharpie to my walls. Even if that someone is a 10 year old kid.

I told those parents that I wasn't a paid babysitter and that their kids were ruining things for the kids who behaved and were actually trying to stick to the program.

I told the parents to either make their kids behave or that they couldn't leave them at my house. My co-den leader would object, but when I suggested that since he was alright with some of the kids causing property damage, which he didn't think was a big deal, that we should have the meetings at his house. Of course, he declined.

When I started my plumbing business, I had to discontinue things, because my irregular schedule wouldn't permit me to continue, but the point is, I've seen all sides of the scale, and it makes me afraid for the future of the world, in this regard.

There are too many of the "time out" parents, and not enough of the "slap the kid on the ass" parents. Especially in my home state of Massachusetts.

For the record... I'm in favor of one slap, open handed,( no belts, spoons, or other implements) on the gluteous, when talking fails. Any more and it's not for him/her, it's for you and I think that's wrong.

I may be biased, but my observation was that the kids whose parents exercised control of their kids had a better time and were liked by all. The others seemed to always be angry, out of control, and looking for trouble.

I hope I haven't opened a can of worms here.

ELPlomero

sicpup71
01-09-2008, 12:47 AM
Remember when you had a 3 sec. head start not a 10 sec timeout.:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

SJG
01-09-2008, 09:16 AM
i remember when i grew up.....:rolleyes: (i mean when i was growing up :o) :lol:

The physical growth actually stopped way too early.....:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

PapiQueRico
01-09-2008, 11:39 AM
you probably have but i agree with you.

in fact i HOPE that jimmy picks your post to start a new debate thread:

should corporal punishment be used with children and to what degree if it should be?

I'm not a big believer in smacking kids. Not only because I think it is wrong, but also because I think it is ineffective. I guess a smack on the bottom can have effect once, or maybe twice over the period of young childhood. This mostly because of the shock value to a kid that is usually not hit. Say a rap on the rear when a kid steps off a curb into traffic.

Regular corporal punnishment (within in the bounds of reason, not abuse) wears off very quickly. There was one time my parents punished my sister and I by not speaking with us for several days. We were begging to get smacked instead.

ElPlomero
01-09-2008, 11:47 AM
Everybody is different. That's what makes this issue so sensitive.

In my experience, the threat of physical violence, even though with my kids they know it will only be a wack in the ass, does wonders to keep them in line.

As for me, I've tried everything with my kids to get away from slapping their asses. Taking things (activities & possessions), grounding them, humiliation, reason (ha, right.)

Nothing works as well as saying: OK, if you make me get up, someone's getting slapped"

I can get an whole hour of quiet using that.

ELPlomero

JuanElGriego
01-16-2008, 11:37 AM
Payback's a muthafucka .....

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22630045/

El Capitan
01-16-2008, 12:26 PM
Remember when you had a 3 sec. head start not a 10 sec timeout.:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ha ha ha.....our timeout was a "knockout"....we were raised "on base" and we had three levels of "straighten up", first we were asked to nicely, then we got "the look"and third you heard "the belt" whistlin thru the air and meeting your ass with blinding speed........

"Spare the rod, spoil the child".....OH and if your parents had issue with us, they had permission to "get us in line".

I venture to say our street corners would be cleaner and our nations children would be better had this "change of heart" not come to pass...

Inconego
01-16-2008, 12:43 PM
Ha ha ha.....our timeout was a "knockout"....we were raised "on base" and we had three levels of "straighten up", first we were asked to nicely, then we got "the look"and third you heard "the belt" whistlin thru the air and meeting your ass with blinding speed........

"Spare the rod, spoil the child".....OH and if your parents had issue with us, they had permission to "get us in line".

I venture to say our street corners would be cleaner and our nations children would be better had this "change of heart" not come to pass...

Definitely agree... I used to think you could raise your kids without it (when i was not too far removed from the days of the belt), however after further thought on the issue, and witnessing the alarming number of parents that have no control of their children (spending much of my time in airports), I think that hitting your kids from time to time is ok...

... The problem that arises is when you get into reasons behind it... I remember getting hit once in a blue moon because (in my opinion) my parents were having a bad day, not necessarily because I did something so wrong, but we're all human, so we should work on that...

However, especially with little boys, I definitely believe that a whoopin once in a while gets them to sit up... I mean there was no fear greater than that line "Wait until your father gets home!"... I made sure I didn't hear that too often...

...When you parent your children young, you are less likely to worry about them when they get older... When I got to high school (maybe i just turned 13) I think my mom tried to whoop me--I just started laughing uncontrollably--at that point, there was no need anymore for whoopin's, THAT was when they moved on to things like Grounding, realizing at that age, all i wanted to do was get out of the house with friends... Funny thing is, I actually longed for, even tried to negotiate at times, whoopin's, instead of not being able to go to parties, go out late, hang with friends...

I think that timeout bullshit doesn't work for young kids, however Grounding works as we get older... It amazes me when I see adults trying to negotiate, rationalize with their 9 year olds...

Also when you set that foundation of fear of authority, respect for authority when they're younger, it will pay dividens and cost you less emotionally, financially, as they get older...

Incogneg...

Inconego
01-16-2008, 12:44 PM
Everybody is different. That's what makes this issue so sensitive.

In my experience, the threat of physical violence, even though with my kids they know it will only be a wack in the ass, does wonders to keep them in line.

As for me, I've tried everything with my kids to get away from slapping their asses. Taking things (activities & possessions), grounding them, humiliation, reason (ha, right.)

Nothing works as well as saying: OK, if you make me get up, someone's getting slapped"

I can get an whole hour of quiet using that.

ELPlomero

haha, yeah that shit definitely will get them in line...

Inconego
01-16-2008, 12:48 PM
Man I remember growing up in my neighborhood in Nigeria I got slapped a lot...

...The grocery store lady would slap my hands for giving, receiving things from her with my left hand

...My teacher would hit me with the switch in class for talking during quiet times, coming to class late, or tryin' to cheat

...My neighbors would knock me one for being outside too late, or being outside playing when they knew I should be inside studying...

...My folks, family would hit me up after all of the above if they heard of any of the above...

...I mean, damn I got hit up alot, but now that I think about it, I was a bad-ass kid, and phsycologically it kept me in line as best as could be hoped for...

I actually had ADD I figure, I should have tried bringing that shit up....