PDA

View Full Version : Shadow Dwellers belated trip report for July 2004 Part 1

Shadow Dweller
08-09-2004, 11:15 AM
Shadow Dwellers very belated trip report for July 2004 Part 1
(Let’s see what I remember after 6 weeks)

July 1st:

Arrived in STI after a good flight, baggage claim was a hot simmering hell. I had an issue at immigration because I was traveling on my birth certificate, ended up having to go to a separate room and wait in line to have my photo taken and get stamped into the country. Do yourself a favor and get a passport, it’s so easy.

Outside of the airport I was supposed to meet Dominican Ray, He found me before I found him. I had a great trip to Sosua through the mountains. Ray has a great SUV with AC and I highly recommend him for transport or tours of Santiago.

Arrive at the Palace around 1:30, only two girls there when I arrive Mercedes and Marie (?) who is working the bar. I grab a couple of cervesa and head for my room to unpack and grab a siesta. I get up around 4:00 and John is there, so we settle up and talk a bit. He mentions that there are a couple of girls coming in from Puerto Plata later that I will like. I take a walk around town and the beach.

Arriving back at the palace there are many more girls now, probably 7 or 8 palace girls and two girls sitting alone over in a corner. I recognize one of the girls over in the corner from previous reports, and scoop her up for my initiation. Some great short time with Melody and Shadow is a happy man. After some food I grab a couple of Palace regulars and have my first DR happy Hour. Life is good!

July 2nd

I’m up early, checking out the beach. Nothing going on so I check my map and head for Rocky’s for some breakfast around 9:00. I meet a bunch of people there, and end up sitting with Marco and Phill. We have a great talk about a lot of things and a party that is planned for July 3rd. I ask Phill where Judy’s is (I must have walked by it 6 times, and never found it as there is no sign) and he offers to give me a ride there. I exchange some cash and head back to the room to make a deposit in the vault, and then head to the beach to search for the Shark Bar again.

Ah Ha! Shark bar a gee! I grab a cervesa and introduce myself to a couple of fellow mongers. They end up being the “Mikes”, we BS for a while and one of their chica’s shows up. Eventually the crowd disperses and Mike and I head back to the palace for a Pig roast that night. After stuffing myself because the pig is amazing, I hang around for a bit then give in to a palace chica who has been very aggressive in trying to land the noob. Her performance was less than spectacular, yet she wants to stay the night. I boot her and she says she will stop back in the morning and take care of me again. Hahaha, I don’t think so.

July 3rd
Up much later this morning and off to Rocky’s for breakfast. Rocky’s has great food and cheap, but be prepared to wait. The pot of coffee is a welcome site. After breakfast it’s off to the Shark Bar to see who is around. I meet a few more mongers (James, Eric, and some others) and we BS about last nights events. Mike’s chica shows up again with her amiga, who I believe is latched onto their friend. I head back to the palace for a little happy hour then a siesta before hitting High Caribe with James to see what it’s like after the remodel.

High Caribe looks amazing, but there are only around 40 or 50 people there and its 1:00, the place should be hopping. James is off with some blanco chica chasing him, haha. The Mikes show up and we are just hanging at the bar. This amazing Haitian is behind me trying not to be “too” obvious, I end up buying her a drink (a coke as she dose not drink alcohol). We start talking with me struggling with my Spanish; she asks if I speak English. Ends up she is a pretty smart girl, speaks Spanish, English, French, and German. Her name is Natalia, she was stunning, around 5’6”, thin, dark, with a beautiful almond face and flawless body (no scars anywhere, I looked). She was defiantly new; the performance was not that great. She spends the night and after some morning fun and breakfast she says she has to go. I make the mistake of offering her some peso’s and she get’s all shy on me, refusing to take the money. She grabs 20 peso’s for moto fare and is gone.

More to come…..

Don Tomas
08-19-2004, 03:24 PM
More to come…..

Like when? You will be going on your second trip before you post about your first trip.

I'm voting that you are disqualified from the Rookie of the Year contest! :lol:

BrooklynBeas
08-19-2004, 04:44 PM
More to come…..

Like when? You will be going on your second trip before you post about your first trip.

I'm voting that you are disqualified from the Rookie of the Year contest! :lol:

Don ... are you considered a rookie?? I guess your are in the front but Gdogg has a trip report due when he comes back... lets see how that goes!!

gdogg
08-19-2004, 04:55 PM
Barring me losing my cameras, I think I have a good shot at the title. At last count, I had about 130 pictures. I still have a few days left, too. I also have been keeping a journal. My tales may be a little too detailed.

Jimmydr
08-19-2004, 10:02 PM
Barring me losing my cameras, I think I have a good shot at the title. At last count, I had about 130 pictures. I still have a few days left, too. I also have been keeping a journal. My tales may be a little too detailed.

They are grat shots. :D

BrooklynBeas
08-20-2004, 09:57 AM

They are grat shots. :D

Jimmy can we get some nice shots out of you... get me some light skinned ones please!!!
Stay away from street rats please!!

Shadow Dweller
08-20-2004, 03:51 PM
Ha! if you don't want light skin, just make sure Jimmy is not in the shot!

Don Tomas
08-20-2004, 04:08 PM

OMG He's awake!

the_Jayman
08-20-2004, 06:59 PM

Can never be too detailed. Can't wait ! !

the_Jayman
08-20-2004, 07:04 PM

It should be a good battle. Although I'm not YET officially in the race, I think I have a good shot at the award after my September trip.

Shadow Dweller
08-21-2004, 09:47 AM

OMG He's awake!

Yeah, I'm still around. I just have not been on much lately, the past couple of weeks have been complete shit. Had to cancel my September trip due to work issues and then was betrayed by my closest friend.... AAARRGGHHH!!! I need a vacation!!!!!

Dark Knight
08-21-2004, 02:37 PM
Yo Shawdow:

How long exactly was the line to get your photo taken to get in the country?

Do you think I will run into same thing going into POP on 8/31/04?

I just want to prepare myself because I can't get passport in time.

I will be birth certficate traveler also.

Shadow Dweller
08-21-2004, 05:21 PM
Well, when I got out of the office where they take the photo everyone else had cleared imigration. Not sure how much time went by.

Get a passport, Expideted service will run you $145 and should arrive before you leave. One word of warning, when I went for my passport after my last trip, they took my birth certificate which had the raised seal on it and sent it in with the paperwork. The birth certificate was returned to me with my Passport, which took about 5 days. I believe there are other services where you can get a passport in 24 hours but you are going to pay more for the service.

Don Tomas
08-23-2004, 09:39 PM
Not sure if it was because I was in the system already but...

I got my passport in 9 days using the regular service. I live in Tampa/Clearwater and the passport division that issued it was in Miami. The postmark was 8 days after I went to the Post Office.

I couldn't renew by mail though since my first passport was issued when I was 15 and you need a new picture and apply in person if you weren't over 16.

gdogg
08-23-2004, 09:47 PM
They told me it would take six weeks, and that's about how long it took. Mine came from the New Orleans office.

Don Tomas
08-23-2004, 09:57 PM
They told me it would take six weeks, and that's about how long it took. Mine came from the New Orleans office.

I was told six weeks also, but in reality it took 9 days door to door.

BrooklynBeas
08-24-2004, 08:35 AM
well i dont use a passport and i dont have any problems... i took a picture 3 times and it has never taken me more then 5 minutes to get out of the room...I do need the passport though because i plan on going to either Brazil or Colombia next year.

BigTrick
08-24-2004, 09:17 AM
I got my passport at the US Post Office. They charged me:
$55 for the passport
$30 for the service
$10 for the pictures

You can save the $30 by doing the paper work yourself. They have the form at the Post Office. Just fill it out and send it in w/ 2 photos, your birth cert, and $55 money order.

It took 4 weeks to receive. You can expedite for like $150 more. You will receive it in 5 days expedited.