PDA

View Full Version : The only gym left standing in Sosua, DR

Mister NYC
04-09-2004, 11:41 AM
It's a big white gym center on the road going to Cabarate. It is just on that road and located in Sosua though. It costs about 700 pesos a month.

phpboi
04-10-2004, 05:17 PM
How much does it cost to goto for 1 day?

Jimmydr
04-10-2004, 05:20 PM
How much does it cost to goto for 1 day?

If you want I will check. I will be in Sosua April 16 - 27.

Mister NYC
04-12-2004, 11:51 AM
You always have to ask for the dominican price. You will most likely be quoted in gringo prices...a bit higher.

vagabond
04-29-2004, 05:02 AM
Don't think that the Gym in Sosua operates with a two price system.

Twohands
04-29-2004, 10:39 AM
I plan on going to the gym on a daily basis while in Sosua and this place looks pretty cool too... Check it out for yourself - www.goldenparkgym.com. The daily rate for a day is $80RD - dirt cheap!

vagabond
04-30-2004, 05:11 AM
Yes, the Gym is very good. I stayed in Sosua for 6 months this winter, and used it about 4 days every week. Very well equiped, and very nice and friendly people there.

BrooklynBeas
07-02-2004, 01:06 PM
The excercise i get in DR is cardio only

I walk to the beach and back... and fuck chicas all day
well the only weights i lift is 12oz curls with my presidentes

:D

Babyboy31
07-10-2004, 01:59 PM
What about gyms in Santiago and Puerto Plata......can anyone recommend a good gym in those cities?

Revolutionrock77
12-30-2004, 09:13 AM
Is this gym still in business? I tried the web link but it didn't work.

BrooklynBeas
12-30-2004, 09:26 AM
the excersice i get while in the DR:

12 oz curls (beer bottles)
dick lifts - inside whores
walking- i walk a LOT when chica watching

Last trip 9 days i lost 13 pounds... sometimes i forget to eat and sweat my balls off... if i lived there i would probably be 80 pounds

vagabond
01-01-2005, 01:24 PM
re revolution
Yes it's still in business.

el_papi_chew_low
02-03-2005, 02:48 PM
I went to Gimnasio Gym last month. They charged me about 10 US dollars for a 1 day pass. The gym is an excellent facility. They charge a lot though because they are the only gym in the area. Ran into a few nice chicas there. There were also a couple of nice Euro babes there. They don't have weekly passes but they do have monthly. It was a rainy day in Sosua so I took advantage of the opportunity.

MisterPink
02-03-2005, 02:56 PM
CENSORED

el_papi_chew_low
02-03-2005, 03:06 PM
If you wanna work out with HOT and I mean the HOTTEST Santiaguera's......try GOLD's gym in Santiago!

Plaza Internacional, 3rd Piso
Santiago, Dominican Republic

I was a guest, so I do not know what a day pass costs, it is worth whatever they charge. You will see Amelia Vega types in leotards!

I am a member of Gold's so I get in all Gold's for free. Been there, done that numerous times, Son. They know me up in there on a first name basis in Santiago. They need some better places to eat in the Mall though afterwards. But that small has some nice talent, in general.

The best Gold's in the DR is the brand new one in Santo Domingo. All the equipment is brand new and it has a regulation basketball court (yes, chicas play ball too) and a boxing ring in the middle of the gym (fights on Thursday nights). ALSO, chicas clean the mens locker room while you are changing or talking a shower like its no big deal. The talent is incredible. The new Gold's is at Centro Commercial Coral Mall. If you go, ask for Yohanna ... she is cool peeps.

RearWindow
02-03-2005, 07:59 PM
WAAAY COOL. I'm a member as well, and that would be an outstanding location. I try to get in three/four days a week at home, but vacation usually screws that up...so this is good news. Gracias!

BrooklynBeas
02-03-2005, 08:12 PM
my excercise in the DR consists of:

12 oz curls with my presidente's
walking from beach to bar to massage parlors
and Pushups with chicas underneath me naked

RearWindow
02-03-2005, 08:44 PM

and Pushups with chicas underneath me naked I lost something like 5 lbs this trip, all from eating Dominican food, and fucking like I was gonna die tomorrow. And a lot of walking.

gdogg
02-03-2005, 09:07 PM

and Pushups with chicas underneath me naked I lost something like 5 lbs this trip, all from eating Dominican food, and fucking like I was gonna die tomorrow. And a lot of walking.

I lost 9 lbs!! We should do an instructional video. "The Dominican Workout".
:idea:

BrooklynBeas
02-03-2005, 09:09 PM
i beat u both... i lost 13 pounds in 9 days!!!

I thought i was the only one that experienced this much weight loss!

fox mulder
03-11-2005, 02:58 PM
I always lose a lot of weight and come back with firmer abbs after a visit to the DR. Think about what will happen to me after I have been there for 3months. :D :D :D This is the only exercise that feels real good while you are doing it.

BROOKLYN_357
03-11-2005, 03:03 PM
when you're there jimmy, can you take some pics of the gym??

JDR
03-11-2005, 04:10 PM
when you're there jimmy, can you take some pics of the gym??

Sure maybe 10-20 shots.

El Tiburon
06-13-2005, 11:29 AM
The gym located on the main Highway in Sosua between Supermercado Sosua and the Sosua Car Wash it has new sign saying Golden Park Gym this leads on a road to the Large White Building where the gym is located.

The gym is a 2 story building were upstairs is located all of the Freeweight and Nautilus equipment one could need. The down stairs consists of Treadmills, Lifecycles, Stairmasters and other cardio machines. The downstairs is also were the locker room is located.

The prices for the month gives you two options 900 Pesos for use of the entire gym or 600 pesos a month to use the upstairs only.

I am sorry I don't have any pictures for those of you interested, but I assure you this gym is as good and better then many gyms in the U.S. I will try to follow up this post with some pictures and daily and weekly rates.

El Tiburon
06-13-2005, 11:37 AM
The only gym I know of in Puerto Plata is the American Gym. If you head towards the Orion Discotech driving parallel to the Beach and make a left at the disco it is two blocks on the right. A little small but has a couple tradmills a bike room and some freeweights and nautilis machines. Frequented mostly by Dominicans it is a little crowded in nthe morning.

It costs only 500 pesos a month, but there is a one time joining fee of 1,000 pesos.

psriches
06-13-2005, 12:21 PM
Is this Tampa reporting??

Jimmydr
06-13-2005, 02:04 PM
Is this Tampa reporting??

No.

psriches
06-26-2005, 10:25 PM
The gym located on the main Highway in Sosua between Supermercado Sosua and the Sosua Car Wash it has new sign saying Golden Park Gym this leads on a road to the Large White Building where the gym is located.

The gym is a 2 story building were upstairs is located all of the Freeweight and Nautilus equipment one could need. The down stairs consists of Treadmills, Lifecycles, Stairmasters and other cardio machines. The downstairs is also were the locker room is located.

The prices for the month gives you two options 900 Pesos for use of the entire gym or 600 pesos a month to use the upstairs only.

I am sorry I don't have any pictures for those of you interested, but I assure you this gym is as good and better then many gyms in the U.S. I will try to follow up this post with some pictures and daily and weekly rates.This gym is walking distance from the strip. 250 pesos gets you a day pass and use of all the equipment they have. Nice clean place with good equipment. Must have sneakers and no jean shorts. Worth the price for a day pass!!

ROVER
11-22-2005, 10:43 PM
What about gyms in Santiago ??? Anyone know a decent one within walking distance of Aloha del Sol ??

ROVER
11-22-2005, 10:45 PM
What about gyms in Santiago ??? Anyone know a decent one within walking distance of Aloha del Sol ??

Mister NYC
11-22-2005, 10:47 PM
I've seen a Gold's gym out there i think..."i think".

psriches
11-22-2005, 10:47 PM

I am sorry I don't have any pictures for those of you interested, but I assure you this gym is as good and better then many gyms in the U.S. I will try to follow up this post with some pictures and daily and weekly rates.This gym is walking distance from the strip. 250 pesos gets you a day pass and use of all the equipment they have. Nice clean place with good equipment. Must have sneakers and no jean shorts. Worth the price for a day pass!!now only 150 pesos for a day pass......

ROVER
11-22-2005, 11:01 PM
MR NYC any idea about where in Santiago it is ???

gdogg
11-22-2005, 11:02 PM
I can't even remember to take my vitamins when in the DR (Vitamin "C" doesn't count)...so I know I'll never see the inside of a DR gym!!
:roll: :D

Pana
11-22-2005, 11:16 PM
I like to go to the gym here in the NYC, I tried to go when I was in the DR but you are so tired after fucking your brains out each and every day that it is a work out in it's self and going out every single night not getting enough sleep. You are on vacation why work out, just chill and relax and enjoy your self :cool: .

el_papi_chew_low
11-22-2005, 11:17 PM

There is a Gold's in Plaza Internacional. Check the Santiago section where I think there is an entire thread for it. :D

gdogg
11-22-2005, 11:22 PM
Some people go to the gym and actually enjoy a hard workout. So I guess they would continue while on vacation. Unfortunately for my increasingly out of shape body, I'm not one of them!
:roll:

DEPUTY DAWG
11-23-2005, 12:00 AM
It's where papi said, it's in a mall. there's only two malls of this size and calibre it's not hard too find. I must've passed it everyday.

el_papi_chew_low
11-23-2005, 11:36 AM

The gym is Santiago is pretty nice. The new one in Santo Domingo is even better. If you want to meet some quality non-puta regular babes and get your workout on, its a nice venue. I've had some good times there!! In addition, Plaza Internacional has some very nice, classy talent. :D

http://gifdepot.com/GIFs/600lbBench.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v700/blatino/100_0578.jpg

ROVER
12-20-2005, 03:35 AM
Plaza international is that in Santiago or Santo Domingo. And as for the gyms in Santiago, Guys say in the plaza or malls ?? Is that within walking distance of lets say Aloha Sol

el_papi_chew_low
12-20-2005, 07:46 PM
Plaza international is that in Santiago or Santo Domingo. And as for the gyms in Santiago, Guys say in the plaza or malls ?? Is that within walking distance of lets say Aloha Sol

It's in Santiago. Its not walkin distance from Aloha Sol, but you can take a short cab ride which doesn't cost much - maybe the equivalent of $2 us dollars. :D

el_papi_chew_low
12-20-2005, 07:52 PM
BTW, if you really want to go hardcore there is a small private gym in walking distance to Aloha Sol. There may not be much talent there but you can get your workout on. There is also another gym in walking distance but a bit further away. I would ask Jose, who works at the front door in the lobby. :D