PDA

View Full Version : Our new Home Page (LIVE)

Don Tomas
01-12-2008, 04:31 AM
Well I just decided to integrate Lightbox into the new Flash home page, screw it.

What needs to be done:

[-]Scoll bar for the galleries to allow more then 6 pics.[/-]
[-]Fix the Contact Us form, not working right now. (Not sure why)[/-]
[-]Modify the meta tags to keep kiddies out and search engines in![/-]
[-]Do the thumbnails better, maybe crop the pictures rather then reducing them.[/-]
Wait for final approval on some member's pictures.Check it out here:
http://www.insearchofchicas.org/isoc.html

Tested with IE6 & Firefox. If anyone can check Opera, Safari, and [-]IE7[/-] please post a response, Thanks.

Update: Fixed the Contact Form, BUT PLEASE DO NOT TRY IT OUT unless you are testing an alternative browser listed above, and then please state so in the message. (It's currently set to send to my personal email account and I don't want 100's of messages!)

ChicaSeeka
01-12-2008, 06:35 AM
Looks good ...............:D

Don Tomas
01-12-2008, 06:47 AM
I am on the right path for the Scroll Bar with the Galleries. You can see it in the Chica Gallery. Yes I know I just repeated pictures but as you see it works!

whynotme
01-12-2008, 07:19 AM
looks very good DT

Beads
01-12-2008, 08:46 AM
looks great!

Jimmydr
01-12-2008, 08:48 AM
I really love it more than candy!

Gladiator
01-12-2008, 09:57 AM
It looks great!

PapiQueRico
01-12-2008, 10:08 AM
Nice job DT!

Ram
01-12-2008, 12:16 PM
Looks Really good DT!!

I tested it in IE7...no problems that I could see. My res is 1280x1024 (32) and the page fits perfect...no scroll on main page. I love the galleries and the way the pictures come up. The links work great and Wiki is really looking good.

Thanks for the hard work.

3somefan
01-12-2008, 12:24 PM
DT`

I use Windows XP and had no problems surfing around on it..

Great work my friend!! :up:

You the man!!! :notworthy:

Apos
01-12-2008, 02:44 PM
it looks perfect in firefox too :D

Don Tomas
01-12-2008, 04:14 PM
The main pictures are 800X600 and you need to do a little scroll down with resolutions 1024X768 or 1280X800. I could make the Lightbox smaller but most people have big monitors now. Just have to worry about laptop users.

Any thoughts on the content itself?

Don Tomas
01-13-2008, 04:05 AM
After talking with Jimmy and allowing him to add/remove pictures in the future EASILY! I have decided to go the route where there are hidden pictures available through the Lightbox slideshow. You just need to hit Previous/Next. Now there are a total of 12 galleries, with one thumbnail starting off each. I have anywhere from 1 to 15 pictures in each gallery and this way it allows me or Jimmy to add pictures very easily by just uploading them and editing an HTML file rather then editing the Flash file and re-Publishing.

I have also added additional text to the two Gallery pages which I feel is self explainatory, if you have any comments please let me know.

DR Pics / Chicas
Colombia Pics / Chicas
Caribbean & Central Am. Pics / Chicas
South America Pics / Chicas
Asia Pics / Chicas
Africa & Europe Pics / Chicas

Don Tomas
01-13-2008, 04:07 AM
PS. You may need to delete your internet files to clear your cache to see the changes.

Don Tomas
01-13-2008, 04:09 AM
PPS. As soon as I get final approval on some pics I borrowed from our members it will be LIVE!

remyman41
01-13-2008, 10:32 AM
excellent DT

PapiQueRico
01-13-2008, 12:52 PM
Looks Great Don!

Not to nitpick, but I think photos 2 and 3 in the Colombia section are actually from the DR.

patrk39
01-13-2008, 01:11 PM
Well I just decided to integrate Lightbox into the new Flash home page, screw it.

What needs to be done:

[-]Do the thumbnails better, maybe crop the pictures rather then reducing them.[/-]

Tested with IE6 & Firefox. If anyone can check Opera, Safari, and [-]IE7[/-] please post a response, Thanks.

Update: Fixed the Contact Form, BUT PLEASE DO NOT TRY IT OUT unless you are testing an alternative browser listed above, and then please state so in the message. (It's currently set to send to my personal email account and I don't want 100's of messages!)

Me likes!!!!!

Don Tomas
01-13-2008, 05:13 PM
Looks Great Don!

Not to nitpick, but I think photos 2 and 3 in the Colombia section are actually from the DR.

My bad thanks for the heads up, like I said "almost live"....

LM
01-13-2008, 05:42 PM
Looks great DT......like the way the slide show works....

Don Tomas
01-13-2008, 06:10 PM
Looks Great Don!

#3 is definitely what I named it. Palace of the Inquisition in Cartagena, I got it from the Colombia tourism site.

#2 is from Jimmy I will check with him.

PapiQueRico
01-13-2008, 06:15 PM
#3 is definitely what I named it. Palace of the Inquisition in Cartagena, I got it from the Colombia tourism site.

#2 is from Jimmy I will check with him.

I wasn't clear in my post. I meant the Colombian Chica section.

Don Tomas
01-13-2008, 06:23 PM
I know everyone probably went straight to the Galleries but does the rest look good; Rules, About, Contact?

Gladiator
01-13-2008, 07:24 PM
I know everyone probably went straight to the Galleries but does the rest look good; Rules, About, Contact?

In the first ISOC rule about child exploitation, etc, I would stress the fact that a child is anyone under the age of 18 yo.

Different guys may have different ideas of what a child is, and the boundaries aren't always clear as LAC is diferent in diferent countries, states, etc, but for the purpose of covering your asses legally I think you should make very clear what the age limit is for pics and discussions in this forum: 18 yo.

lr444
01-14-2008, 12:25 PM

What needs to be done:

Very Nice Great Job.

brovo35
01-14-2008, 12:44 PM
Nice work! It looks and works fine for me!

Don Tomas
01-14-2008, 05:21 PM
Any Opera or Safari users out there?

Don Tomas
01-15-2008, 01:31 AM
The website is now LIVE!

The plain old address of http://www.insearchofchicas.org now loads the page.

The Galleries are all dynamic requiring just editing a file and so is the Latest News, no further Flash publishing required!

PS. Also the Contact Us emails now go to Jimmy!

rushdog34
01-15-2008, 08:46 AM
im on safari

Any Opera or Safari users out there?

Downtown
01-15-2008, 10:03 AM
Seems to work fine on Opera.

Beads
01-15-2008, 12:10 PM
works fine in Safari I tested it last night.

greydread
01-15-2008, 12:43 PM
The website is now LIVE!

The plain old address of http://www.insearchofchicas.org now loads the page.

The Galleries are all dynamic requiring just editing a file and so is the Latest News, no further Flash publishing required!

PS. Also the Contact Us emails now go to Jimmy!
Oooooops...DT The last pic in the DR photo gallery (pink walls, pool, ocean at sunset) is from "Eagle Beach" in Aruba. I tried to put in a label when I submitted it....sorry. Hell, maybe we can open up an Aruba section. I've got 11 years worth of pic's from there and loads & loads of Chica info.

Hemp
01-15-2008, 02:04 PM
Good Stuff DT :thumbsup2:

JD426
01-15-2008, 02:28 PM
Thank you for all your hard work DT.
The format and layout of the pages here is what makes it so easy to navigate and pleasureable to login every day.
I am a member on another site(which I wont mention), but I swear Ive only logged in there maybe 1x / month cause their format just plain sucks. Its a chore to find something, and I just dont have the time.
The content here on ISOC is also so much better, and you make that all possible by making it so easy to navigate ,post and track threads and info etc.
So thanks . We really do appreciate it.

Don Tomas
01-15-2008, 02:43 PM
The content here on ISOC is also so much better, and you make that all possible by making it so easy to navigate ,post and track threads and info etc.
So thanks . We really do appreciate it.

Wait until the next revision which is in beta right now, there are two enhancements to make searching easier.

"Tag Cloud" which will list the most popular/recent searches on the Advanced Search page.

And Keywords which can be assigned to threads to make searches all that much easier and also they are clickable so if you read a rental car thread a keyword surely would be "rental car" so you could click it and then read other related threads.

Tenmei27
01-15-2008, 09:53 PM
It looks good, so is the code php based? or html based? I'm always curious when I see a change in a webpage I like. Also the flash is just for the visuals right?

B_J_Lover
01-16-2008, 05:09 PM
DT, did I miss the link where I'm supposed to log on? I had to click on your name at the bottom. Didn't see "Login" anywhere!!!??? I'm on firefox.

Don Tomas
01-16-2008, 06:40 PM
It looks good, so is the code php based? or html based? I'm always curious when I see a change in a webpage I like. Also the flash is just for the visuals right?

It's all Flash.

Don Tomas
01-16-2008, 06:40 PM
DT, did I miss the link where I'm supposed to log on? I had to click on your name at the bottom. Didn't see "Login" anywhere!!!??? I'm on firefox.

There are links on the right side, ISOC Forums, ISOC Wiki, ISOC Amor, then you get into the Forums, etc.

mroutcall
01-19-2008, 08:27 PM
So big safari user... Things are flawless as far as I can tell. Two things, first is there a possibility of a "mobile friendly" URL, I can't be the only iphone freak out there and the mobile safari is great its still better with scaled down sites. A lot of the commercial sites do it, like Google, youtube, facebook, even jetBlue and fandango... I have even seen blogs jump on board. I really get a kick out of laying in bed with the wife and planning my next trip to DR on a handheld. Second thing is I just saved a lot of money by switching to Geico! ... Seriously.

Don Tomas
01-19-2008, 08:59 PM
So big safari user... Things are flawless as far as I can tell. Two things, first is there a possibility of a "mobile friendly" URL, I can't be the only iphone freak out there and the mobile safari is great its still better with scaled down sites. A lot of the commercial sites do it, like Google, youtube, facebook, even jetBlue and fandango... I have even seen blogs jump on board. I really get a kick out of laying in bed with the wife and planning my next trip to DR on a handheld.

The mobile thing is nice, but realize the forum software already does that and the Home Page is really just an entry point, sure I put some galleries up but those are just enticements to come on in to the forums.

As it was mentioned in another thread Flash isn't really popular with search engines, I am fine with that, news.insea.... is where the bread & butter is at and if people enter into the sub domain first that is fine too.

But if someone types www. well then they get something nice to look at.

Tenmei27
01-19-2009, 02:51 AM
Also by the way site still works fine in Google Chrome. Just wanted to let you know.