PDA

View Full Version : New Home Page Galleries

Don Tomas
01-12-2008, 04:29 PM
Should I keep it six pictures only (see Places Gallery) or do a scroll bar where I can add unlimited pictures (see Chica Gallery)?

Also note with the Lightbox effect (the picture popup) you can browse through the pictures by moving your mouse to the left or right, you will see "Next"/"Previous".

Beads
01-12-2008, 04:32 PM
Keep it at 6 it will look cleaner load the page more quickly.

Don Tomas
01-12-2008, 04:36 PM
Keep it at 6 it will look cleaner load the page more quickly.

Well it loaded pretty quick for me on different PCs but you are right, the scrollbox alone added about 40K to the swf.

I added a third option that I could have "hidden" pictures using the lightbox effect so they would only be viewable if the person uses the next/previous feature of the Lightbox.

the_Jayman
01-12-2008, 07:36 PM
fuckin cool . . . I want the honor of having some of my pictures in there . . . I gotta get to work uploadin them for you ! ! ! !

Don Tomas
01-12-2008, 07:45 PM
fuckin cool . . . I want the honor of having some of my pictures in there . . . I gotta get to work uploadin them for you ! ! ! !

Thanks, I hope to include everyone's pictures. The more the better.

Don Tomas
01-13-2008, 04:08 AM
I know everyone would love to see 50+ thumbnails....

After talking with Jimmy and allowing him to add/remove pictures in the future EASILY! I have decided to go the route where there are hidden pictures available through the Lightbox slideshow. You just need to hit Previous/Next. Now there are a total of 12 galleries, with one thumbnail starting off each. I have anywhere from 1 to 15 pictures in each gallery and this way it allows me or Jimmy to add pictures very easily by just uploading them and editing an HTML file rather then editing the Flash file and re-Publishing.