PDA

View Full Version : Bikes

eldorob
04-04-2006, 12:33 PM
Any place in Sosua that repairs & sells used bikes?

No $500 mountain bikes, just a $5 dollar beater to ride and give away at the end of my trip. Might be fun to tool around on one while in town. (and I'm told I could use the exorcise)

I know, I know, I'll need a chain & lock....

10 DAYS AND A WAKEUP!

Jimmydr
04-04-2006, 12:34 PM
Any place in Sosua that repairs & sells used bikes?

No $500 mountain bikes, just a $5 dollar beater to ride and give away at the end of my trip. Might be fun to tool around on one while in town. (and I'm told I could use the exorcise)

I know, I know, I'll need a chain & lock....

10 DAYS AND A WAKEUP!

I never see anyone riding bikes in Sosua. Walk, its just as good.

vak
04-04-2006, 02:21 PM
I saw a bike rental somewhere an a side street near Bailey's.

rley69
04-04-2006, 02:38 PM
I never see anyone riding bikes in Sosua. Walk, its just as good.

In most countries bikes ride at the side of the road. In the DR a lot of the roads don't have sides, just a two foot wide trough! That said I have seen bikes making their way up and down Clissante when in Sosua but they are always of the heavy duty mountain bike type with tyres like a truck.

spamoni
04-04-2006, 08:19 PM
Yeah. I like to bicycle monger too. Can go down one way streets, park anywhere and the cops leave you alone. Peddle around, get some phone numbers, get a tan and get laid.

Jimmydr
04-04-2006, 08:22 PM
Yeah. I like to bicycle monger too. Can go down one way streets, park anywhere and the cops leave you alone. Peddle around, get some phone numbers, get a tan and get laid.
I do the same in a car.

eldorob
04-05-2006, 12:00 PM
What's a car or jeep rent for, about 20usd a day? or cheaper? I thought I read somewhere that Marco has cars for rent?

Do you have to be careful about getting your credit card banged for thousands on hold while renting?

9 and a wakeup....

Jimmydr
04-05-2006, 12:00 PM
What's a car or jeep rent for, about 20usd a day? or cheaper? I thought I read somewhere that Marco has cars for rent?

Do you have to be careful about getting your credit card banged for thousands on hold while renting?

9 and a wakeup....

Some places are $40- $50 per day.