PDA

View Full Version : Just my luck

Skynyrd
01-15-2008, 06:43 AM
Didnt know where to post this since theres NOT a Health section..

Anyway I Need HELP guys...I NEVER get sick BUT....I leave Thursday Morning for DR and guess what?? I started getting a sore throat and stuffy nose YESTERDAY afternoon..Last night the sore throat really kicked in !!

Somebody TELL ME WHAT A GREAT 48hr Cold cure is ?????

BigDave
01-15-2008, 07:26 AM
they have those zinc tablets that are supposed to help if you get over a cold faster if you ake them at 1st sign of symtoms, any cvs riteaid type store, can't hurt? I'll be there friday, if you're sill sick, just wave!

Anyway I Need HELP guys...I NEVER get sick BUT....I leave Thursday Morning for DR and guess what?? I started getting a sore throat and stuffy nose YESTERDAY afternoon..Last night the sore throat really kicked in !!

Somebody TELL ME WHAT A GREAT 48hr Cold cure is ?????

Jimmydr
01-15-2008, 07:28 AM
Stay home until you feel better.

Skynyrd
01-15-2008, 08:15 AM
they have those zinc tablets that are supposed to help if you get over a cold faster if you ake them at 1st sign of symtoms, any cvs riteaid type store, can't hurt? I'll be there friday, if you're sill sick, just wave!

Came into work this morning and a couple guys said they had this a few days ago and it only lasted a couple days...Heading to CVS now to get that zinc !!!!

SJG
01-15-2008, 09:10 AM
I usually don't get the gripe until I am on the plane ride home......

El Capitan
01-15-2008, 09:59 AM
ASAP after you hit the ground in the DR....go to la farmacia and grab CIPRO....if it's strep or anything of the sort....that shit will knock it out. It's in our med kits we carry every where we are sent.

I've been buying it for $10 per card in the DR and stocking it in the house in case of Bird Flu....it's $10 a pill in the U.S. (It's not for the virus, it's for the pneumonia that follows with flu if you don't treat it) "Bactrim" or "Keflex" are also good broad spectrum drugs.

ALSO, if you have an old script in the house that has worked before, order that up to......and before the "replies" begin....this is a big world and the other countries have "drug companies" like ours....the difference is, WE are held hostage to OURS and forced to PAY out the ass...like everything else.

While Germany produces "thee" quality products....India is not far behind (and I ain't no friend of Hadji)....good luck dude....now do us ALL a favor and don't spread that shit you got to da hoes.....

T-minus 16 days til "El Capitan" goes away to play in th' rocks n' dirt agin..."stress relief beyond belief"

knotty
01-15-2008, 10:26 AM
Yes there is a health section on here. It's called Medical Information.

greydread
01-15-2008, 12:25 PM
I've been buying it for $10 per card in the DR and stocking it in the house in case of Bird Flu....it's $10 a pill in the U.S. (It's not for the virus, it's for the pneumonia that follows with flu if you don't treat it) "Bactrim" or "Keflex" are also good broad spectrum drugs.

....now do us ALL a favor and don't spread that shit you got to da hoes.....

This is great advice. Pharmaceuticals are far more easily available in the DR. Be careful, though and stick to what you already have experience with. I didn't know I was allergic to "sulpha" drugs until I was prescribed "Bactrim" for a sinus infection and went into convulsions and suffered from a severe skin reaction after taking it. I'm sure glad that I didn't find that out in some 3rd world location.

Skynyrd, don't worry about your nasal infestation. It's been going around all over the place and it should clear up as soon as you get some Dominican sunshine on you. Mine lasted 2 days. Take ZiCam, drink plenty of liquids and stay warm until you get there. As soon as you get settled in the hotel, get a Chica, squeeze the juice of 1/2 fresh lime all over her punani and lick her until she no longer tastes lke lime, then ride her until 20 minutes after you break a sweat.....that's the cure.

El Capitan
01-15-2008, 02:22 PM
This is great advice. Pharmaceuticals are far more easily available in the DR. Be careful, though and stick to what you already have experience with. I didn't know I was allergic to "sulpha" drugs until I was prescribed "Bactrim" for a sinus infection and went into convulsions and suffered from a severe skin reaction after taking it. I'm sure glad that I didn't find that out in some 3rd world location.

Hence why I said to take old scripts with him....me and penicillan don't get along well.....

Skynyrd
01-16-2008, 08:52 AM
Well I went to bed last night feeling WAY BETTER and woke up this am with just a small sore throat, So looks like I will be on the Plane at 8am in the morning:)