View Full Version : kickass Criollo food

ferolga777
08-12-2004, 10:35 AM
El Conuco
Restaurante El Conuco
Calle Casimiro de Moya No. 152
Santo Domingo, Distrito Nacional Dominican Republic
Phone: +1 809 686 0129

Made to look like a Disney version of rustic Dominican living, El Conuco serves kickass Criollo food that wins over even this believer that restaurants should be about food, not spectacle.
The mofongo is authentic and I can't think of a better way to develop clog my arteries. [Mofongo is boiled plantains and porkcraklings mashed together. Yum!

Cheeno
03-14-2005, 03:45 PM
Hi there,

Is this a restaurant this is about a 10-minute walk from the Intercontinental? this restaurant has a HUGE picture of a kid smiling. lol

If it is, I think the service was so-so. The food was okay.

But it is nice to eat and have the ocean right next to you! 8)

knotty
03-14-2005, 06:26 PM
what's criolla food?

Cheeno
09-16-2005, 11:30 PM
what's criolla food?

If you are in front of the Jaragua Hotel, make a right and walk for about 10 minutes. You will see it on your left side. So that means you have to cross the street. The restaurant looks fancy and it looks like a kids' restaurant.

There is a huge picture of some fuckin kid with a big smile at this restaurant. It also has a large parking lot. You cannot miss it.

Cheeno
09-16-2005, 11:32 PM
The overall quality of service is so-so. not good. The food is also so-so.

But the atmosphere is nice. You can eat right next to the ocean.

If you wanna score some pussy, then go to this place just for drinks. Sit right next to the ocean and have a few martinis. Then go to your hotel with the girl and fuck her. :D

prtyr2
09-18-2005, 09:00 PM
Hi there,

Is this a restaurant this is about a 10-minute walk from the Intercontinental? this restaurant has a HUGE picture of a kid smiling. lol

That is not the place. The place you are talking about is Adrian's Tropical and the picture of the kid is Adrian, the owners son. Adrian's has 2 locations. The main one on the Malecon with a great view of the water and very close to La Ceniza which features the coldest beer on the planet. The other is on 27 de febrero.

El Conuco is one block away from the rear entrance to the Jaragua. You walk out the back exit of Jaragua and up the street. Make your first right and El Conuco is half way down on your right. You will see an old cart parked in front etc.

Cheeno
09-18-2005, 11:14 PM
Hi there,

That is not the place. The place you are talking about is Adrian's Tropical and the picture of the kid is Adrian, the owners son. Adrian's has 2 locations. The main one on the Malecon with a great view of the water and very close to La Ceniza which features the coldest beer on the planet. The other is on 27 de febrero.

El Conuco is one block away from the rear entrance to the Jaragua. You walk out the back exit of Jaragua and up the street. Make your first right and El Conuco is half way down on your right. You will see an old cart parked in front etc.

Thank you for the information! :)

Are you the onle who has a website with information about Santo Domingo? You posted a very helpful map with all of the massage parlors in Santo Domingo. I am sorry but may you please tell me the website again?

Thank you much!

most_sincere7
09-19-2005, 08:00 AM
what's criolla food?
Creole Food

Cheeno
11-06-2005, 03:07 AM
This restaurant is open 24/7. :)