PDA

View Full Version : My gripe with the New Garden

Gutter Meat
01-19-2008, 10:59 PM
This past week I stayed at the NG for 5 nights and it will be the last time I stay there.

1. Upon arrival, got a not so friendly welcome. I noticed it and so did my 2 friends that were also checking in. I mentioned to the older guy inside the office about my resevation and ID'd myself as a ISOC member. Before staying at the NG, I had put up a post on ISOC about if the NG was still using that heavy key chain. The guy made refrence to my post in a anoyed way. They have fixed the problem though as you key now use a small plastic key chain.

2. I was in room #10 on the 3rd floor. I'll start with the bathroom. I had hot water which was wonderful. The problem was that as much as i fiddled around with the shower knobs I just could not get the water to turn warm. It was either burning hot or ice cold. The water presure seemed ok sometimes and other times like it was a dripping faucet. The shower head sprayed all over the place. It's kind of the NG to suply toilet paper as long as you don't mind wiping your ass with sand paper. I went to the store and for 15 pesos gor some soft toilet paper. The shower towels too were like sand paper. They give you 2 small shower towels and no wash clothes.

3. The tv didn't work. pretty much got snow on all channels. Manangement blammed it on cable company. My friend's tv downstairs worked fine. The lighting in the room was terrible. One lamp and one light with very weak bulbs. You can see areas on the ceiling were at one time there was likely more like sockets but they were now covered up I guess to save money.

4. The room next door which I guess is room #11 must be used by NG personal. Very early in the morning there was constant knocking on that door and the door slamming closed keeping me awake. I know some guys are up at 8am but I like to sleep a little later sometimes so this kinda bothered me. On the topic of noise what's with that damn pigon. Between that little rat dog and the pigon you would think your in the bronx zoo. You here that pigon all day and night, doesn't shut up.

5. Breakfast was ok. #4 was eggs, bacon, pancake, juice, coffee. However when I sat down I was pretty much ignorged for like 10 minutes. I didn't wanna say anything like "wheres the service" as I didn't need anything extra added to my breakfast. I really did not feel welcome by any of the staff at NG. There were some some other ISOC members that were staying there that were very friendly.

6. The pool water was full of bugs and I saw what looked to be a small dead crab in there.

I know some of you guys swear by the NG and might feel my complaints are irelavant. I'm just sharing the experince I had at the NG with fellow members.

Hemp
01-19-2008, 11:01 PM
Thanx for your honest thoughts on the place...as in any place on the main drag in town,

there is always room for improvement!

patrk39
01-20-2008, 09:42 AM
This past week I stayed at the NG for 5 nights and it will be the last time I stay there.

1. Upon arrival, got a not so friendly welcome. I noticed it and so did my 2 friends that were also checking in. I mentioned to the older guy inside the office about my resevation and ID'd myself as a ISOC member. Before staying at the NG, I had put up a post on ISOC about if the NG was still using that heavy key chain. The guy made refrence to my post in a anoyed way. They have fixed the problem though as you key now use a small plastic key chain.

2. I was in room #10 on the 3rd floor. I'll start with the bathroom. I had hot water which was wonderful. The problem was that as much as i fiddled around with the shower knobs I just could not get the water to turn warm. It was either burning hot or ice cold. The water presure seemed ok sometimes and other times like it was a dripping faucet. The shower head sprayed all over the place. It's kind of the NG to suply toilet paper as long as you don't mind wiping your ass with sand paper. I went to the store and for 15 pesos gor some soft toilet paper. The shower towels too were like sand paper. They give you 2 small shower towels and no wash clothes.

3. The tv didn't work. pretty much got snow on all channels. Manangement blammed it on cable company. My friend's tv downstairs worked fine. The lighting in the room was terrible. One lamp and one light with very weak bulbs. You can see areas on the ceiling were at one time there was likely more like sockets but they were now covered up I guess to save money.

4. The room next door which I guess is room #11 must be used by NG personal. Very early in the morning there was constant knocking on that door and the door slamming closed keeping me awake. I know some guys are up at 8am but I like to sleep a little later sometimes so this kinda bothered me. On the topic of noise what's with that damn pigon. Between that little rat dog and the pigon you would think your in the bronx zoo. You here that pigon all day and night, doesn't shut up.

5. Breakfast was ok. #4 was eggs, bacon, pancake, juice, coffee. However when I sat down I was pretty much ignorged for like 10 minutes. I didn't wanna say anything like "wheres the service" as I didn't need anything extra added to my breakfast. I really did not feel welcome by any of the staff at NG. There were some some other ISOC members that were staying there that were very friendly.

6. The pool water was full of bugs and I saw what looked to be a small dead crab in there.

I know some of you guys swear by the NG and might feel my complaints are irelavant. I'm just sharing the experince I had at the NG with fellow members.

I totally agree with your observations and feelings about the NG. I was turned off by the NG and Lorenzo's inability to manage a reservation system. Additionally, the one time I stayed there, I left after the first night because of the accomodations, the noise, and overall seediness. I know that I am a spoiled gringo, but I don't have to live like that anymore, so I won't.

The location of the hotel is ideal, and the food has gotten pretty good. Security is competent, and $55 per night is a great price. If I travelled on a tight budget, I guess I would stay there. It's a hell of a lot better than the Europa.

blacksultan
01-20-2008, 01:02 PM

You should have pulled the muthafucka out and made yourself some gumbo.

Jimmydr
01-20-2008, 01:03 PM
Its a third world country, remember that.

blacksultan
01-20-2008, 01:04 PM
Its a third world country, remember that.

Yeah muthafucka, you aren't staying at the 4 Seasons.

TropicBob
01-20-2008, 01:12 PM
So where does the bald headed waitress stay when you're in town?

blacksultan
01-20-2008, 01:13 PM

What bald headed waitress???

Moderator note: The fat obnoxious guy who usually gets put into service at the Shark Bar when the place has a special event......

Gutter Meat
01-20-2008, 01:34 PM
Yeah muthafucka, you aren't staying at the 4 Seasons.

Ahhh yeah calling me a M. F. Do you think your comment is funny or original ??? I bet you thought of that remark all by yourself.. I wouldn't expect anything less coming from you.

blacksultan
01-20-2008, 01:52 PM
Ahhh yeah calling me a M. F. Do you think your comment is funny or original ??? I bet you thought of that remark all by yourself.. I wouldn't expect anything less coming from you.

In actuality muthafucka, we are all muthafuckas because we go to the DR and fuck muthas dumb ass. And this coming from a muthafucka who calls himself Gutter Meat??? Get the fuck out of here. Enjoy the games today.

3somefan
01-20-2008, 03:33 PM

I think he said he was staying at the New Garden???

3somefan
01-20-2008, 03:35 PM
Thanks GutterMeat for the intel!

I haven't stayed there yet so I will wait to pass judgement... On my next trip I will stop by to check it for sure though.

Beads
01-20-2008, 03:51 PM
The New Garden is the perfect hotel to stay in while in Sosua. It provides a great location , its chica friendly, security is great, they have hot water , the rooms are cleaned daily, plenty of towels and if you ask for more you can get fresh ones, has a restaurant where you can order just about anything you want if you give them advanced notice and has a bar on premises.

No offense but I dont see how someone can complain about a keychain. Just take the key off the keychain and put it back on when you check out.

I think a lot of the gripes people give are fairly unreasonable for what you will find in Sosua. Go stay at the Europa for a week and see how you like it.

You can't keep everyone happy all the time but the place seems to be booked solid most of the time and its difficult to get a room during the busy weeks so they must be doing something right?

I still recommend the New Garden as the first choice for a hotel in Sosua.

Hemp
01-20-2008, 03:55 PM
Beads Great Post,

Although there is always room for improvement with any hotel on the main drag...sometimes guys expectations do seem to be a bit "Diva esque" about a hotel in Sosua :(

i would suggest if guys want better accomodations...Look into, Private apt's, villas, condos, etc...some guys complain about not wanting to rent a car or moto if they stay at a condo etc...but

you cant have it exactly your way 100% all the time, you want better accomodations you have to spend a little more.

The New Garden is the perfect hotel to stay in while in Sosua. It provides a great location , its chica friendly, security is great, they have hot water , the rooms are cleaned daily, plenty of towels and if you ask for more you can get fresh ones, has a restaurant where you can order just about anything you want if you give them advanced notice and has a bar on premises.

No offense but I dont see how someone can complain about a keychain. Just take the key off the keychain and put it back on when you check out.

I think a lot of the gripes people give are fairly unreasonable for what you will find in Sosua. Go stay at the Europa for a week and see how you like it.

You can't keep everyone happy all the time but the place seems to be booked solid most of the time and its difficult to get a room during the busy weeks so they must be doing something right?

I still recommend the New Garden as the first choice for a hotel in Sosua.

sicpup71
01-20-2008, 08:30 PM

for only $85/nite i'll stay at El Neptuno it's 2 beds/2bath so between 2 guys $42.50 each its not too far off the main drag about 2 blocks

Gutter Meat
01-21-2008, 01:54 AM
In actuality muthafucka, we are all muthafuckas because we go to the DR and fuck muthas dumb ass. And this coming from a muthafucka who calls himself Gutter Meat??? Get the fuck out of here. Enjoy the games today.

right on shmekle !!!

init4ass
01-21-2008, 08:24 AM
Hello my brothas,

Has this place gone down since May? I need to know because I am headed back out there soon. Also, can someone post info and pics about EL Neptuno?

Good looking!!!

MisterPink
01-21-2008, 08:41 AM
Hello my brothas,

Has this place gone down since May? I need to know because I am headed back out there soon. Also, can someone post info and pics about EL Neptuno?

Good looking!!!
It is VERY low key there, and they are in your business, making it semi girl friendly. It's fine if you have one girl a day, but the neighbors are a bit nosy. You are better of renting in Casa Linda or The Palms.

guttaman
01-21-2008, 09:28 AM
For a stay of a week or less the New Garden is perfect. After going to the DR over 15 times one should know what to expect. If not a parrot squacking you get a rooster. The whole country is loud. I have stayed at places where at 8AM the music starts, the nonstop yapping flairs up and the banging of 5 guys with hammers looking for a broken pipe buried in concrete continues all morning. If i get woken early and need more sleep i have a few Bohemias and a valium. Better living thru chemistry................

I have stayed at the Palace, Caribe Campo, Varamore, TradeWinds, The Palms, Villa Chessa, Don Andres, Europa, Casa Ceyenna and the New Garden in Sosua and others in other cities. No matter where i have stayed there have been many pros and cons.

I find that during the high season the rooms are rented out constantly leaving it hard to do any maintenance. For the most part the only shit i expect when renting a room is a tv that is not fucked up, hot water, clean sheets/towels and no mold in the room.

For the extra bells and whistles I bring my own shit. I hate those cheap bulbs in all the rentals so i bring a few. My duffle bag always has a 4 pack of Charmin. I always bring 3 beach towels and hide them from the chicas. After they are done violating both towels i breakout a clean big one for myself.

There are other places in Sosua besides the New Garden to stay. This board has a sticky with all the links. Also while in town why not do some homework and seek out other places. I do and find NG meets all my needs for now. The only way to really not be at the mercy of a rental agent or hotel is to buy your own place and hook it up like you want.

This post is not a reply to any specific post. Nor is it a personal endorsement of any Sosua hotel or condo. I just wish they would airlift the Marriott in Santiago and drop it on Pedro Clisante.

Hunter
01-21-2008, 09:36 AM
For the most part the only shit i expect when renting a room is a tv that is not fucked up, hot water, clean sheets/towels and no mold in the room.

Good post. Though the most important thing you forgot--- Good AC unit!!! Casa Cayena ones SUCK though I heard they replaced them all with new ones.

guttaman
01-21-2008, 09:45 AM
Good post. Though the most important thing you forgot--- Good AC unit!!! Casa Cayena ones SUCK though I heard they replaced them all with new ones.

I try not to use the AC. In the summer i try to get a top floor room at Tradewinds or Palms. Between extra fans and a top floor breeze i survive. I always get sick from that aircon in the DR. I swear it circulates the mold. This time of year i usually bring an extra blanket for the night. It gets in the 60's.

jd_mine
01-21-2008, 09:58 AM
I always get sick from that aircon in the DR. I swear it circulates the mold

Same with me....I always get a throat ache from the ac in RD.........Took me quite a while to figure out this was the reason I always got sick there.

blacksultan
01-21-2008, 10:25 AM
right on shmekle !!!

I don't know what that means but I assume that it is some kind of insult. Thanks.

Hunter
01-21-2008, 10:42 AM
I don't know what that means but I assume that it is some kind of insult. Thanks.

Yiddish for penis. You are a penis Sultan:D

blacksultan
01-21-2008, 10:45 AM
Yiddish for penis. You are a penis Sultan:D

Oh well, at least my meat aint in the gutter.

scubabum
02-22-2008, 12:42 AM
I was in #10 right after you and I have great memories of that shower. That's where I was when my favorita of the trip walked by the window while I was showering. I told her to come in............the rest is XXX rated.

ElPlomero
02-22-2008, 12:56 AM
We didn't care about the shower.

It's the XXX rated stuff we want to hear about.

Magnum
02-22-2008, 06:53 AM

It sounds like the NG is turning into the Europa. For those of us who can remember - 4 or 5 years ago the Europa was the hotel of choice - along with the Palace - before it turned into what it is now. All of the glowing reports now about the NG are the same things that were said about the Europa back in '03/'04.

They just do not seem to able to hold onto a good thing and not ruin it.

SJG
02-22-2008, 07:11 AM
When I was there in November, I noticed some positive improvements. The small electric water heater in the room (that the maids would always turn off during the day) has been replaced by a large solar hot water heater on the roof that feeds all the rooms.

I agree about the light bulbs, but I'm not lighting the room for a movie, I'm just using the room for fucking and sleeping, no need for 100 watt bulbs.

Toilet paper? Please, BFD, it's nothing to get your own if you don't like their brand.

I get all the extra towels I ever ask for and I also bring my own big towels and hide them like Guttaman.

The staff is always friendly and welcoming to me. I find myself shooting the shit with Wilfried all the time.

The only thing I would consider doing is staying elsewhere until construction on the new rooms is complete. I understand it gets rather noisy early in the morning.

I also think that the construction is causing enough of a distraction that some of the basic daily upkeep is being neglected (cleaning the pool, etc).

My prediction is that once the construction is complete, things will be back to, or exceeding past standards.

crimecleaner
02-22-2008, 08:14 AM
After a week at El Neptuno I'll never stay there again. IMHO thats the best fuckin place to stay in Sosua hands down.

Beads
02-22-2008, 09:04 AM
El Neptuno is VERY strict. I stayed there once and was very careful about bringing chicas back at night so the neighbors wouldn't see and only brought back 1 at a time and still ran into problems. I was never loud nor was my guests.

I was pretty much told if you plan on staying there and want a guest you should check in with them and thats your guest.

SJG
02-22-2008, 09:10 AM
From what I've heard, el Neptuno is great if you are low key and pretty much wifing up, but I like the party atmosphere and convenient location of the NG. From what I have been told, it is very unlikely you could have a bunch of chicas over for a pool party at el Neptuno.

Pretty much what Beads just said.

brovo35
02-22-2008, 09:19 AM
I enjoyed my stay at the New Garden immensely. I didn't go with any preconceived notions so I was not disapointed. I was actually pleasantly surprised. The location is great. The people who work there were friendly and helpful, but not intrusive.

The atmosphere is the same way; you can interact with others or come and go as you please without being bothered. The water was hot, the beds were soft and the price is fine.

Jimbo44
02-22-2008, 10:18 AM
Do not forget that Willie can cook up a nice meal for lunch or dinner. There is no tax and service fee added on as well. Prices are reasonable, and he will cook up almost anything u want, provided u tell him ahead of time. What other hotel has chicas cumming in and out all hrs of the day as well?

MyTio
02-22-2008, 10:54 AM
one of the best thing is that the staff was friendly and helpfully I will be staying their in June in a nice new room :eek:
</IMG>

HombreSucio
02-22-2008, 11:11 AM
i'll be staying at the NG for my 4th time shortly. i've never felt uncomfortable or unwelcome by management. wilfried is always a pleasure to talk to. i find he always extends himself to be helpful or answer any question. he also is funny and highly intelligent.

what others have said about the light bulbs not being bright enough. well, i agree, but i just drink more presidente and don't mind as much.

i have found the maid staff to be very accommodating and do a good job. plus josephine's smile is always easy and warm. i find the hotel grounds to be basically clean. as far as stuff in the pool, well i see it being cleaned every morning, but maybe it should be watched a little more.

my pet complaint is at breakfast. one of the women is very very slow and unorganized. instead of grouping items in logical order, she seems to only do things one at a time. for example: when she brings coffee she doesn't think of bringing milk or even asking if you'd like any. so you have to get her attention and then wait another 10 minutes for the milk. by the time she's back with milk.......and a very sour face.... the damn coffee's cold. so then you have to ask her to bring more hot coffee. this is only one example! she's also not the most friendly person, but i feel sorry for her. her life can't be too easy. so my last visit there, on the last morning i did what any native new yorker does in a situation like that. I over tipped her hoping next time she treats me a little better.

also..... i love animals, but can someone shut that fucking bird up?

Bug Boy
02-22-2008, 12:16 PM
i'll be staying at the NG for my 4th time shortly. i've never felt uncomfortable or unwelcome by management. wilfried is always a pleasure to talk to. i find he always extends himself to be helpful or answer any question. he also is funny and highly intelligent.

what others have said about the light bulbs not being bright enough. well, i agree, but i just drink more presidente and don't mind as much.

i have found the maid staff to be very accommodating and do a good job. plus josephine's smile is always easy and warm. i find the hotel grounds to be basically clean. as far as stuff in the pool, well i see it being cleaned every morning, but maybe it should be watched a little more.

my pet complaint is at breakfast. one of the women is very very slow and unorganized. instead of grouping items in logical order, she seems to only do things one at a time. for example: when she brings coffee she doesn't think of bringing milk or even asking if you'd like any. so you have to get her attention and then wait another 10 minutes for the milk. by the time she's back with milk.......and a very sour face.... the damn coffee's cold. so then you have to ask her to bring more hot coffee. this is only one example! she's also not the most friendly person, but i feel sorry for her. her life can't be too easy. so my last visit there, on the last morning i did what any native new yorker does in a situation like that. I over tipped her hoping next time she treats me a little better.

Go borrow Passions gato:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

HombreSucio
02-22-2008, 12:34 PM
Go borrow Passions gato:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

thanks for your suggestion. however, i don't want to pay the salida! :cheesygrin:

crimecleaner
02-22-2008, 04:27 PM
El Neptuno is VERY strict. I stayed there once and was very careful about bringing chicas back at night so the neighbors wouldn't see and only brought back 1 at a time and still ran into problems. I was never loud nor was my guests.

I was pretty much told if you plan on staying there and want a guest you should check in with them and thats your guest.

Huh. We met Ramona upon checking in and got the "bring any guest you want as long as you are respectful" speech. Me and my wingman brought back a different Chica every night, and a few in the afternoon and never had a problem.Hell, I got a little frisky with one by the pool in the afternoon until she dragged my ass upstairs. As long as you aren't screaming off the balcony won't be any problems.Got a few disapproving glances from the oldsters but that was about it. Even the guard was cool as shit. Plus the chicas love hanging around a condo atmosphere better in my observations and makes for a better experience. Actually going back April 3rd with Ramona welcoming us with open arms. Condo always beats a hotel room IMHO.

El Tiburon
02-22-2008, 04:56 PM
Huh. We met Ramona upon checking in and got the "bring any guest you want as long as you are respectful" speech. Me and my wingman brought back a different Chica every night, and a few in the afternoon and never had a problem.Hell, I got a little frisky with one by the pool in the afternoon until she dragged my ass upstairs. As long as you aren't screaming off the balcony won't be any problems.Got a few disapproving glances from the oldsters but that was about it. Even the guard was cool as shit. Plus the chicas love hanging around a condo atmosphere better in my observations and makes for a better experience. Actually going back April 3rd with Ramona welcoming us with open arms. Condo always beats a hotel room IMHO.

i promised myself i wouldnt open this can of worms but i will... cuz its been over a yr since ive been there and i will never go back... EL NEPTUNOS sucks big dick!!! the rooms..! the people,! the rules...! ramona is a nice person.!. but thats it.... i stayd there 2 months... i got a letter pushed under my door almost every other day... some rules change accordingly... yeah you could bring girls, as long as you dont fuck her. cuz if she makes a squeal you get a memo... no music, or ya get a memo... my friend came over for a visit... ah ah, no no.. another memo. he thru his cigarette butt off the the balcony... guess what ? ... see the patern.. rules made up by old grumpy people lookin to break balls anytime they can... kind of like an old age home and the members in there are all on power trips...if these people wanted to live in a quite area they shouldnt have come to sosua" a whore-town".. its not the french riviera... the best for last,,, the place has rats!!!! you got it... just like the europa.... i had them crawling up the stucko to get into the back kitchen... and when i complained, i had the super come up with traps... who confirmed this has gotten worse over time... i was on the third floor... i cant imagine the first floor... one night at 4 am, my buddy and i and two girls got fucked up drinkin and came home, we shut the lights and started rat hunting...with a broom,a few empty bottles of brugal and a mop, we killed 7 medium sized rats... and guess what.... the next morm, we got a memo!!! lol... never again.....

Beads
02-22-2008, 07:23 PM
i promised myself i wouldnt open this can of worms but i will... cuz its been over a yr since ive been there and i will never go back... EL NEPTUNOS sucks big dick!!! the rooms..! the people,! the rules...! ramona is a nice person.!. but thats it.... i stayd there 2 months... i got a letter pushed under my door almost every other day... some rules change accordingly... yeah you could bring girls, as long as you dont fuck her. cuz if she makes a squeal you get a memo... no music, or ya get a memo... my friend came over for a visit... ah ah, no no.. another memo. he thru his cigarette butt off the the balcony... guess what ? ... see the patern.. rules made up by old grumpy people lookin to break balls anytime they can... kind of like an old age home and the members in there are all on power trips...if these people wanted to live in a quite area they shouldnt have come to sosua" a whore-town".. its not the french riviera... the best for last,,, the place has rats!!!! you got it... just like the europa.... i had them crawling up the stucko to get into the back kitchen... and when i complained, i had the super come up with traps... who confirmed this has gotten worse over time... i was on the third floor... i cant imagine the first floor... one night at 4 am, my buddy and i and two girls got fucked up drinkin and came home, we shut the lights and started rat hunting...with a broom,a few empty bottles of brugal and a mop, we killed 7 medium sized rats... and guess what.... the next morm, we got a memo!!! lol... never again.....

damn thats some funny shit :rofl:.

I was VERY quiet and reserved I thought and felt unwelcome by the people living there. They saw a single male and probably knew I brought chicas back and didn't like it.

As El Tiburon said if you are living in a complex where there are rentals what do you expect a bunch of bird watchers? Rentals are for people on vacation looking to have a good time. If the people living there don't like it they should have a no rentals rule and make it only for people who own the condos to live in them.

They will never have the totally perfect community they want as long as there are short term renters staying there.

MisterPink
02-22-2008, 09:22 PM
... the best for last,,, the place has rats!!!! you got it... just like the europa.... i had them crawling up the stucko to get into the back kitchen... and when i complained, i had the super come up with traps... who confirmed this has gotten worse over time... i was on the third floor... i cant imagine the first floor... one night at 4 am, my buddy and i and two girls got fucked up drinkin and came home, we shut the lights and started rat hunting...with a broom,a few empty bottles of brugal and a mop, we killed 7 medium sized rats... and guess what.... the next morm, we got a memo!!! lol... never again.....

Did ya have Blausi scampi 'em up for you?

crimecleaner
02-22-2008, 10:25 PM

That is some funny, yet fucked up shit. You sure they weren't chihuahuas? Anyway I guess 2 months gives you plenty of time to see the true nuances of the place. Sounds like a week is just right. Sorry to hear that, me and my wingman were contemplating buying Jai's condo. Anyone ever meet that crazy fuckin' Indian?

robo-dick
02-23-2008, 02:52 AM
All things considered, in my opinion, the NG is pretty decent overall. However, it did take a few days to get settled in. By no means is it a Marriot, but after all, its Sosua not Las Vegas.

Unfortunatly, theres no such thing as a perfect mongering pad in Sosua, as of yet anyways. Each place has it pros & cons, but for the typical mongerer, NG seems to be the ticket, especially if mongering solo. . If the place was sitting down by the beach it would be almost perfect. I found it nice to have a pool, bar & restuarant right on the premises, not to forget about the chicas who frequent the place often.

The girls behind the bar were always nice, and patient as well since I know very little spanish. Willie seems to be a great guy and a great cook.
Not sure what to think of the older woman working mornings. Not overly freindly or effecient, thats for sure. I think I would be replacing her with a flirty young little thing. I think it would be good for the restuarant part of the business. Wilfreind, the guy that seems to run the place during the day and take care of reservations, didnt seem overly friendly at first, but seemed to be a pretty nice guy after chatting with him a bit. He was very patient when I had troubles with my flight there, arranged a driver to pick me up at the airport and to take me back, and was helpful while I was there as well. Check-in and check-out was easy. The staff seems very open and non-intrusive.

I've read complaints about the noise, and yes the place can be is noisy, but mostly from the motorconchos, or whatever they are called, driving by untill early hours in the morning. I think thats going to be heard in most places around central Sosua though, and ear plugs would be a fix for that. The noise from the dog and birds didnt bother me, I didnt find that to be a big deal personally.

Although the NG certainly isnt perfect, I think it offers a lot compared to other places. I'm planning to use it on my next trip back.. 4 weeks and counting down....

Jimmydr
02-23-2008, 06:53 AM
All things considered, in my opinion, the NG is pretty decent overall. However, it did take a few days to get settled in. By no means is it a Marriot, but after all, its Sosua not Las Vegas.

Unfortunatly, theres no such thing as a perfect mongering pad in Sosua, as of yet anyways. Each place has it pros & cons, but for the typical mongerer, NG seems to be the ticket, especially if mongering solo. . If the place was sitting down by the beach it would be almost perfect. I found it nice to have a pool, bar & restuarant right on the premises, not to forget about the chicas who frequent the place often.

The girls behind the bar were always nice, and patient as well since I know very little spanish. Willie seems to be a great guy and a great cook.
Not sure what to think of the older woman working mornings. Not overly freindly or effecient, thats for sure. I think I would be replacing her with a flirty young little thing. I think it would be good for the restuarant part of the business. Wilfreind, the guy that seems to run the place during the day and take care of reservations, didnt seem overly friendly at first, but seemed to be a pretty nice guy after chatting with him a bit. He was very patient when I had troubles with my flight there, arranged a driver to pick me up at the airport and to take me back, and was helpful while I was there as well. Check-in and check-out was easy. The staff seems very open and non-intrusive.

I've read complaints about the noise, and yes the place can be is noisy, but mostly from the motorconchos, or whatever they are called, driving by untill early hours in the morning. I think thats going to be heard in most places around central Sosua though, and ear plugs would be a fix for that. The noise from the dog and birds didnt bother me, I didnt find that to be a big deal personally.

Although the NG certainly isnt perfect, I think it offers a lot compared to other places. I'm planning to use it on my next trip back.. 4 weeks and counting down....

Welcome to ISOC. Nice first post!

gmalet
02-23-2008, 08:14 AM
My experience with the New Garder has been Top Shelf. Wilfried is always helpful. I always enjoy chatting with him early in the morning over a cup of coffee.

Willie will cook me anything I want. I tell him in the morning and he has it always ready at the time I choose.
Lorenzo is a good time too. He has given me wine with my meal on several occasions.

The pool is great!! Me and my chica have had several good times in the pool. I'd be more worried about the Leche in the pool than the bugs.

I have stayed at EL Neptuno many times in the past. Ramona the administrator has always been very nice to me. I guess you have to decide if you want action or no action. The Neptuno Condos are ok. No Bar, No cook , No Chicas unless you bring them. Can't get crazy at the pool. Its a retirement community atmosphere.

I have one thing to say and I'm finished. Lorenzo allowed me to have a party with 30 to 40 people and his crew cooked, played music, cleaned up and never complained once.

Choirboy
02-23-2008, 02:11 PM
I've stayed at the NG 6 times for a total of 59 days since Memorial day week 2007. Since Wilfried began working there, things have steadily improved. Before his arrival, you couldn't count on having a reservation and certainly not the exact room you thought you had reserved.

I decided to return during the middle of March after supposedly all rooms were filled. I e-mailed Wilfried and said if anything opened up I would greatly appreciate him squeezing me in and told him he knew which rooms I preferred. The next day he sent me an e-mail letting me know I could have my 2 favorite rooms for my entire 11 day stay. Obviously, being a loyal return customer, put me to the head of list. Hopefully, somebody else isn't getting screwed, but rank does have its privileges.

Occasionally you may not have hot water, the dog and the bird my be noisy. But few places in Sosua are perfect. I do have to agree with others about the camerera gorda who works during breakfast. She is grumpy, unfriendly, and generally has the attitude that she is doing you a favor serving you breakfast. Not sure why they keep her, but I understand that it is hard to fire a Dominican without ensuing labor board problems. Or perhaps she has incriminating pictures of Lorenzo ;)

Excursionist
02-24-2008, 03:27 PM
I've stayed at the NG 6 times for a total of 59 days since Memorial day week 2007. Since Wilfried began working there, things have steadily improved. Before his arrival, you couldn't count on having a reservation and certainly not the exact room you thought you had reserved.

I decided to return during the middle of March after supposedly all rooms were filled. I e-mailed Wilfried and said if anything opened up I would greatly appreciate him squeezing me in and told him he knew which rooms I preferred. The next day he sent me an e-mail letting me know I could have my 2 favorite rooms for my entire 11 day stay. Obviously, being a loyal return customer, put me to the head of list. Hopefully, somebody else isn't getting screwed, but rank does have its privileges.

Occasionally you may not have hot water, the dog and the bird my be noisy. But few places in Sosua are perfect. I do have to agree with others about the camerera gorda who works during breakfast. She is grumpy, unfriendly, and generally has the attitude that she is doing you a favor serving you breakfast. Not sure why they keep her, but I understand that it is hard to fire a Dominican without ensuing labor board problems. Or perhaps she has incriminating pictures of Lorenzo ;)

Which rooms do you prefer and why?

Choirboy
02-24-2008, 04:40 PM

I prefer the second floor rooms. This is because they offer a private good view from the balconies. Plus the balconies make the rooms seem bigger. Many prefer the first floor for quick access, but I like to able to sit out on the balcony and view everything with privacy.

Room #21 is my favorite. You can see the restaurant, bar, pool, and entrance from the balcony. If you're waiting for friends or chicas to arrive, the balcony is the perfect place to wait with a smoke or a drink. If you feel like socializing, it only takes a minute to be at the pool or bar.

Beads
02-24-2008, 06:26 PM

Im the opposite. I prefer the bottom floor rooms.

No stairs to fall down if your drunk at night.

I can leave my door open during the day if im relaxing at the pool.

People tend to stop by the bottom floor rooms to say hi.

Excursionist
02-24-2008, 11:12 PM
I am a light sleeper. What about street noise? Animal noise? How rowdy are the surroundings at night?

Choirboy
02-24-2008, 11:21 PM
I am a light sleeper. What about street noise? Animal noise? How rowdy are the surroundings at night?

If you don't have a problem sleeping with ear plugs, take some. The New Garden isn't particularly noisy, but if you want to sleep late in the morning, the dog and parrot plus any construction noise could bother you.

Citynights
02-24-2008, 11:44 PM
Choirboy, I will bring ear plugs for ISOC members who can use them when they want to get some sleep....:sleep:they are reuseable I use them at work and I also use when I fly ...;) they are great for the landing and takeoffs
easy on the ear drums..:D

ElPlomero
02-25-2008, 12:01 AM
If you do TLN, do you want to use earplugs and let your chica be in your room while you are sleeping and not able to hear what she may be doing?

If those noises wake her up and not you, what might she do with the time between her waking up and you waking up?

Bug Boy
02-25-2008, 12:01 AM

On the topic of noise what's with that damn pigon. Between that little rat dog and the pigon you would think your in the bronx zoo. You here that pigon all day and night, doesn't shut up.

Is this the little guy thats taking so much flack? :corky: :corky:
I think it was BCell who told me he ran into the room and took a shit.:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I don't have any pics of the bird

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/1051447c2474567194.jpg

If you guys want to take up a collection to put a HIT out on the duo I'll bring down el diablo gato and make them disappear.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/1051447c2474aa038b.jpg

Citynights
02-25-2008, 12:22 AM
The earplugs would be for after the chica leaves ST...I was thinking about Jimbo who had a problem sometimes in the morning....groundfloor noise early in the morning...I would never use them with a chica in the room

guttaman
02-25-2008, 09:27 AM
After spending 4 days in the mountains above Jamao Al Norte with roosters echoing through the mountains at 4AM till mid morning the NG is like heaven. Last month i stayed in an apartment behind the Hace in Santiago for 2 nights. This area had nice houses and condos all over. Construction all over. Again it was the fucking roosters at 4AM till mid morning.

No matter where you go in the DR short of an AI or gated community there will be noise. It is a noisy country. From music to roosters to motoconcho to the beeping of publicos in the city. I have stayed at a few higher priced places in Santiago and there was a shit load of hallway noise in the morning.

NG is the closest we are going to get to the old "Palace" in Sosua with twice the service. The price is spot on for what we get. There are nicer places to stay in Sosua with prices to match the quality. To each is own.

Jimbo44
02-25-2008, 09:40 AM
Choirboy, I will bring ear plugs for ISOC members who can use them when they want to get some sleep....:sleep:they are reuseable I use them at work and I also use when I fly ...;) they are great for the landing and takeoffs
easy on the ear drums..:D

Make sure u save a pair para mi!!

Jimbo44
02-25-2008, 09:41 AM
If you do TLN, do you want to use earplugs and let your chica be in your room while you are sleeping and not able to hear what she may be doing?

If those noises wake her up and not you, what might she do with the time between her waking up and you waking up?

What can she do?? All my valuables stay locked in the safe. The key to it and to the door can not be found, as I have 2 good hiding places. She can not escape!!!:D

guttaman
02-25-2008, 09:53 AM
What can she do?? All my valuables stay locked in the safe. The key to it and to the door can not be found, as I have 2 good hiding places. She can not escape!!!:D

Out the window......................

Jimbo44
02-25-2008, 09:55 AM
I do not recall them being able to open....

guttaman
02-25-2008, 10:09 AM
I do not recall them being able to open....

Ground floor......... Had mine open.

lr444
02-25-2008, 10:44 AM
I stayed their 1 night 1-25-08 I was passing through Sousa
Ithought the hotel was very clean (very friendly maid :lol: ) nice pool great location, owner was very firendly sat down a couple of time to talk.

My stay at this hotel was very good and will return when i'm there again.

BCell
02-25-2008, 11:08 AM
Ground floor......... Had mine open.

My first trip I stayed there, I noticed on day 2 a window was unlocked. Always check them at check-in.

guttaman
02-25-2008, 06:36 PM

I think it depends on what condo you rent. This old guy on DR1 is always asking about the legal side of new condo rules...... He lives at El Neptuno, is on the board of owners and wants to turn the place into a prison camp. I would not want to rent next to or above him. The chicas in high heels @ 2AM would have him calling the cops.

http://www.dr1.com/forums/legal/72339-enforcement-no-noise-rule.html

carolinajack
03-12-2008, 11:05 PM
Well you guys have sealed it up for me - my stay will be at NG in July.

Was considering CR - but I think NG is more central to everything and looking forward to testing Willie's skills as a cook.

If I can I'm gonna try to grab one of the new rooms - or balcony spot second floor - Room 21 - sounds good.

Jimmydr
03-13-2008, 07:50 AM
Well you guys have sealed it up for me - my stay will be at NG in July.

Was considering CR - but I think NG is more central to everything and looking forward to testing Willie's skills as a cook.

If I can I'm gonna try to grab one of the new rooms - or balcony spot second floor - Room 21 - sounds good.

You will love the location.

Skynyrd
03-14-2008, 04:30 PM
WHAT ??? The New Garden has flaws ??? Man I thought I been stayin at a 4 star Hotel !!!! I wanna refund !!!...Wheres the Sousa Hilton at ???:eek:

ChicaSeeka
03-14-2008, 04:44 PM
WHAT ??? The New Garden has flaws ??? Man I thought I been stayin at a 4 star Hotel !!!! I wanna refund !!!...Wheres the Sousa Hilton at ???:eek:

IT'S ONLY A PROBLEM IF YOU ARE NOT SITTING AT THE BAR AS I AM RIGHT NOW, ON THEIR WIFI, IT IS CHICA CENTRAL AND THE FRIENDLIEST PLACE I HAVE STAYED

sicpup71
03-14-2008, 04:52 PM
i don't know what was wrong with breakfast but i've enjoyed it very much , and being a FF/FB i can say that it's very good and filling.

sundan
03-15-2008, 12:53 PM
I was planning on staying there for a few days on my first DR trip next month. When I contacted them they were booking only stays of a week or longer. They recommended Casa Valeria. Hopefully this will be a rasonable substitue. I'm pretty low key and hopefully chicas will be as well. At least until we're behind closed doors. Has anyone stayed at Casa Valeria?

Jimmydr
03-15-2008, 01:16 PM
I was planning on staying there for a few days on my first DR trip next month. When I contacted them they were booking only stays of a week or longer. They recommended Casa Valeria. Hopefully this will be a rasonable substitue. I'm pretty low key and hopefully chicas will be as well. At least until we're behind closed doors. Has anyone stayed at Casa Valeria?

There are various reports on that hotel. Its viewed as positive.

sundan
03-15-2008, 02:05 PM
Thanks, I'll let everyone know how my stay is there.

psriches
03-15-2008, 03:44 PM
I was planning on staying there for a few days on my first DR trip next month. When I contacted them they were booking only stays of a week or longer. They recommended Casa Valeria. Hopefully this will be a rasonable substitue. I'm pretty low key and hopefully chicas will be as well. At least until we're behind closed doors. Has anyone stayed at Casa Valeria?WAIT!! New Garden only books for a week or more stay??

blacksultan
03-15-2008, 03:47 PM
You will love the location.

Pretty much, the NG is at ground zero of where to catch chocha in Sosua.

blacksultan
03-15-2008, 03:48 PM
WAIT!! New Garden only books for a week or more stay??

Yeah, that doesnt make sense at all.

sundan
03-15-2008, 03:54 PM
That was their reply to me when I inquired about reservations about a month ago. They said that this was during the hight season. However they did say that after April first I could contact them about shorter stay availability. Perhaps it was just the days I was interested in. Since construction will be in full swing then I'm just as happy staying next door.

ElPlomero
03-15-2008, 03:58 PM
Part of next door (Casa Valeria) is actually closer to the construction than part of The NG.

Plaso
03-16-2008, 11:15 AM
Sudan,
when i remember, you wonna have some rooms only for three night on the first weekend in april,
the problem is, when we make a reservation only for three nights over this weekend, we're already blocked for other guys they want to stay more days than you,
i told you that we can talk about a stand by at the end of march,
i hope you understand what i mean,

MyTio
03-16-2008, 11:28 AM
Plaso when will the new rooms be ready how much for the room with the Jacuzzi tubs

Jimmydr
03-16-2008, 11:31 AM
Sudan,
when i remember, you wonna have some rooms only for three night on the first weekend in april,
the problem is, when we make a reservation only for three nights over this weekend, we're already blocked for other guys they want to stay more days than you,
i told you that we can talk about a stand by at the end of march,
i hope you understand what i mean,

Preferred Customers! Guys that come for 9 days at a time 5 times a year should be able to get rooms over guys that come for 3 lousy days.

Plaso
03-17-2008, 11:48 AM
uncle,
the rooms, we want to rent in june,
will starting reservations in april,

MyTio
03-17-2008, 12:35 PM
uncle,
the rooms, we want to rent in june,
will starting reservations in april, what will be the price of the new room ?

:eek:

blacksultan
03-17-2008, 12:35 PM
what will be the price of the new room ?

:eek:

Yeahhhhhhh!!!

Skynyrd
03-17-2008, 03:00 PM
Yall can have the new rooms Im perfectly happy with the current rooms and the CURRENT STAFF :)

Hell I only sleep and fuck in the room anyway !!!!!

Is it April 5th Yet ?? GET my Room Ready im coming HOME

MyTio
03-17-2008, 03:15 PM
I happy with the Staff also but I like a nice big Bed to fuck on the bigger the bed the more girls I can fit on it i hate the tiny shower in the old rooms it going to be nice to have a hot tub to fuck one or two girls in
:eek: you do you and I do me I like a little luxury once in a while</IMG>

sundan
03-17-2008, 08:24 PM
Sorry if there was any misunderstanding. There's no problem here.

blacksultan
03-17-2008, 09:48 PM
I happy with the Staff also but I like a nice big Bed to fuck on the bigger the bed the more girls I can fit on it i hate the tiny shower in the old rooms it going to be nice to have a hot tub to fuck one or two girls in
:eek: you do you and I do me I like a little luxury once in a while</IMG>

There is nothin' wrong with a little taste of the sportin' life, Unc.