PDA

View Full Version : Beach & Easter??

eldorob
04-10-2006, 11:48 AM
Scattered Thunderstorms are predicted for my only Sunday in Sosua, was hoping for a good beach day... Oh well...

I also forgot about the Holiday, will it be dead in town next weekend?

I'm sure there will be a few babes around, right? Or will it be slim pickens?

ErikS
04-10-2006, 01:57 PM
Scattered Thunderstorms are predicted for my only Sunday in Sosua, was hoping for a good beach day... Oh well...

Eldorob,

There is alot of good information in this thread:

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?t=7271

It is by The Jayman and is entitled:
My Experiance with Easter in the DR

and was posted in The Jayman & El Drunko's crazy adventures section on:
02-09-2006, 08:17 PM

Enjoy your trip and let us know how it turns out.

ilikenyacional
04-10-2006, 06:25 PM

They always seem to predict thunderstorms, forget about that.

One thing is sure, it will not be dead in Sosua. It will be packed. I hope your hotel is reserved.

Have a great trip. (is it your first ?)

rley69
04-10-2006, 07:12 PM

Predictions of scattered thunderstorms aren't that unusual in the DR but most of the rain falls in the early morning or late at night so this shouldn't be too much of a worry. If it does rain during the day it is often only for short bursts, even though the rain can be quite heavy.

eldorob
04-10-2006, 07:50 PM
Eldorob,

There is alot of good information in this thread:

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?t=7271

Thanks, I had done an Easter search but missed that one. That makes me feel better.

eldorob
04-10-2006, 07:55 PM
They always seem to predict thunderstorms, forget about that.

One thing is sure, it will not be dead in Sosua. It will be packed. I hope your hotel is reserved.

Have a great trip. (is it your first ?)

First trip, reservations at Rockys. Getting into town Saturday afternoon. Taking the bus ride from Santiago. I even look forward to the bus ride. I read that theres a lot to "gaze" at while on the bus. I know a lot of guys prefer POP because it's closer to the action, but I'm in no hurry. I'll be there seven days.

the_Jayman
04-10-2006, 07:57 PM
dress warm . . . those busses can be mucho freeo or so I've heard . . .

have a blast man ! ! (you lucky bastard . . . I need a plane ticket ! !)

It's a great road trip from STI to Sosua ! !

ilikenyacional
04-10-2006, 07:59 PM
First trip, reservations at Rockys. Getting into town Saturday afternoon. Taking the bus ride from Santiago. I even look forward to the bus ride. I read that theres a lot to "gaze" at while on the bus. I know a lot of guys prefer POP because it's closer to the action, but I'm in no hurry. I'll be there seven days.

Sosua is better for you. Rocky's is great but don't expect much more than a clean and secure room. Talk with Marco, the owner and Ted, the night bartender, they both know a lot about the place and will answer all your questions.

Have fun !

eldorob
04-10-2006, 08:18 PM
dress warm . . . those busses can be mucho freeo or so I've heard . . .

have a blast man ! ! (you lucky bastard . . . I need a plane ticket ! !)

Cold from what? AC? I was actually thinking of bringing a Sports Jacket. I like to dress for dinner. (must be my English heritage)

On the ground in just a few days....

ErikS
04-11-2006, 12:33 AM
Cold from what? AC? I was actually thinking of bringing a Sports Jacket. I like to dress for dinner. (must be my English heritage)

On the ground in just a few days....

Sports Jackets are not needed for dinner. However, they are de rigueur for afternoon High Tea at the Shark Bar. ;)

I've done the Caribe Tours bus trip from Santiago several times and the temperature was comfortable......and the scenery, on board and outboard, was interesting.

Enjoy your trip and let us know how it went.

gdogg
04-11-2006, 06:11 AM
Eldorob..where are you staying? PM me, if necessary.