PDA

View Full Version : Mercure guest friendly

Pepp-1
01-21-2008, 06:16 PM
Whats up everyone Newbie here. From a few threads I read that the Mercure and Discovery hotels are guest friendly. Just wondering if they still are. Planning my first trip to the DR in March. Going solo. Colonial area seems to be a nice place to stay. Any info will be a great help.

El Capitan
01-21-2008, 07:08 PM
Yes it is, although you need to "register" your guests, meaning they take her cedula from her until you bring her back. Search the SD threads for more info on Mercure.

If you're planning on TLN (or if not) you may want to book a double. Otherwise, they charge extra for your guests....and the double includes her getting a free breakfast.

I saw many an "all-star" over the holidays tryin to save a dime by booking a single and then by the time they paid for "her" and breakfast...they were not saving anything....of course, they try to plead the case....with no results....

Enjoy

psriches
01-21-2008, 08:46 PM
Their policy changed a little for 2008.

In the past, you could book a room for 2 with breakfast and shuttle different chicas in and out of your room.

But now as El Cap stated, you have to register ONE guest(by name) per night. A different chica will require a $17 fee.

Also, do a search for the web site and book from there. They always have "internet specials". I've booked rooms in the past for $50.

Pepp-1
01-21-2008, 09:19 PM
Yeah I see you can book a double for not much more. Thanks for the info.

Pepp-1
01-21-2008, 09:21 PM
OK little bit of a policy change. Guess they got hip to things.

psriches
01-21-2008, 09:53 PM
OK little bit of a policy change. Guess they got hip to things.NO, they were ok with things as they were but had some monger/chica drama sometime in December 2007. They had to take action because this is a "major" hotel and they had to maintain their image and reputation.

All it takes is one out of control monger with one out of control chica to mess things up for other mongers.

El Capitan
01-21-2008, 10:09 PM
NO, they were ok with things as they were but had some monger/chica drama sometime in December 2007. They had to take action because this is a "major" hotel and they had to maintain their image and reputation.

All it takes is one out of control monger with one out of control chica to mess things up for other mongers.

Yep and I was there...I saw it! JACKASS...he's been there before when I was there....always tryin to save a dime and always arguing with security about bringin bitches in late at night.....although, I saw quite a bit of 2 girl action going up in the elevator...so if you pay, you can still play.....perhaps they're weeding out the cheap fuckers (I got no problem there).

I will say this, because I roll with my ATF (any time fuck) when I am there, I register her in my room....they take a copy of her cedula and if I request a key for her, they give her one (yes, she is that trust worthy...) They NEVER hassle her, treat us like royalty actually...

I never knew Sofitel owned Accor, and I think the drama caused the big boardroom to take some steps after a few complaints...I still like the place but am planning my next trip ALONE...and will be staying at Discovery....the place looks cool.

(that trip is after my 90 day deployment...my debriefing so to speak)

psriches
01-21-2008, 10:12 PM
Yep and I was there...I saw it! JACKASS...he's been there before when I was there....always tryin to save a dime and always arguing with security about bringin bitches in late at night.....although, I saw quite a bit of 2 girl action going up in the elevator...so if you pay, you can still play.....perhaps they're weeding out the cheap fuckers (I got no problem there).

I will say this, because I roll with my ATF (any time fuck) when I am there, I register her in my room....they take a copy of her cedula and if I request a key for her, they give her one (yes, she is that trust worthy...) They NEVER hassle her, treat us like royalty actually...

I never knew Sofitel owned Accor, and I think the drama caused the big boardroom to take some steps after a few complaints...I still like the place but am planning my next trip ALONE...and will be staying at Discovery....the place looks cool.

(that trip is after my 90 day deployment...my debriefing so to speak)I was thinking about doing Discovery myself. Did you here good things about the place?

El Capitan
01-21-2008, 10:19 PM
I was thinking about doing Discovery myself. Did you here good things about the place? I walked down there and scoped the restaurant and bar....it's nice although there is NO STREET ACTION like at Mercure. The rooms are comparable in price and size. Discovery is a closer walk to the Malecon, near Foxy's and the Cigar Bar. There was a nice restaurant "Luis'" on the water....ate there twice and the food was good.

My issue is I am "known" on the east end of Conde now and many of the restaurants I eat in (as well as the hoes) know me to be with my ATF. I actually had one bitch walk up to me and tell me she knew I had a girlfriend last month! (yeah right GF)

When I get back, I'm gonna need some down time before I do the "I missed you so much" lie...so I figured I'd hit the "west side" for a few days.

Basically, I need a bed and breakfast...I need my coffee or I am a MF'er in the morning. Discovery fills that void...although they charge for breakfast.