PDA

View Full Version : Should I be nervous?

gdogg
08-13-2004, 01:19 PM
What are the chances of my flight from Miami to POP being cancelled on Saturday afternoon? That would really piss me off!!
:x :x :x :x :x

the_Jayman
08-13-2004, 01:21 PM
Are you connecting in Miami and if so what is your origin?

New York is gonna be fucked up today and tomorrow but Miami should be cleared out by then.

Good luck ! !

Don Tomas
08-13-2004, 01:21 PM
What are the chances of my flight from Miami to POP being cancelled on Saturday afternoon? That would really piss me off!!
:x :x :x :x :x

No chance at all. Nothing is hitting Miami and it's all suppose to be over Saturday at 4am over 200+ miles from Miami.

gdogg
08-13-2004, 01:23 PM
Damn! That was quick. I'm flying into Miami from Atlanta. I should get in Miami around noon.

Thanks for the quick replies!

Don Tomas
08-13-2004, 01:26 PM
Everything is normal in Miami right now and hurricane Charley is due west of Miami right now in Southern Florida.

AIRPORT STATUS INFORMATION
provided by the FAA's Air Traffic Control System Command Center Miami International Airport (MIA) Real-time Status
The status information provided on this site indicates general airport conditions; it is not flight-specific. Check with your airline to determine if your flight is affected.

Delays by Destination:
Due to HURRICANE CHARLEY, the Naples Muni Airport (APF) was closed as of Aug 13 at 11:00 AM EDT. The date/time when the airport is expected to reopen is Aug 14 at 10:00 AM EDT.

Due to HURRICANE CHARLEY, the Key West International Airport (EYW) was closed as of Aug 12 at 12:00 PM EDT. The date/time when the airport is expected to reopen is Aug 14 at 10:00 AM EDT.

Due to HURRICANE CHARLEY, the Page Field Airport (FMY) was closed as of Aug 13 at 01:00 PM EDT. The date/time when the airport is expected to reopen is Aug 14 at 10:00 AM EDT.

Due to HURRICANE CHARLEY, the St Petersburg/Clearwater International Airport (PIE) was closed as of Aug 13 at 10:00 AM EDT. The date/time when the airport is expected to reopen is Aug 14 at 10:00 AM EDT.

Due to HURRICANE CHARLEY, the SPG airport was closed as of Aug 12 at 23:00 UTC. The date/time when the airport is expected to reopen is Aug 14 at 14:00 UTC.

Due to HURRICANE CHARLEY, the Sarasota-Bradenton International Airport (SRQ) was closed as of Aug 13 at 12:00 PM EDT. The date/time when the airport is expected to reopen is Aug 14 at 10:00 AM EDT.

Due to WEATHER, LOW CGS, departure traffic destined to Philadelphia International Airport, Philadelphia, PA (PHL) is currently experiencing delays averaging 32 minutes.

General Departure Delays:
Traffic is experiencing gate hold and taxi delays lasting 15 minutes or less.
General Arrival Delays:
Arrival traffic is experiencing airborne delays of 15 minutes or less.

This information was last updated: Aug 13, 2004 1:23:23 PM EDT
Glossary of Air Traffic Management Terms - A table containing definitions and/or descriptions of many common Air Traffic Management acronyms.

http://www.fly.faa.gov/flyfaa/usmap.jsp

gdogg
08-13-2004, 01:29 PM
Thanks Don. I feel a whole lot better now!

LESS THAN 27 HOURS 'TIL POP LANDING!!!

the_Jayman
08-13-2004, 01:31 PM
Thanks Don. I feel a whole lot better now!

LESS THAN 27 HOURS 'TIL POP LANDING!!!

you lucky bastard :twisted:

gdogg
08-13-2004, 01:34 PM
That I am! Like you haven't been lucky before. 8)

BrooklynBeas
08-13-2004, 02:26 PM
you guys probably said it before but how long are you going to be out there.. gdogg, jimmy???

BrooklynBeas
08-13-2004, 02:38 PM
you know you can do better then 200 pics in 10 days thats only an average of 20 pics a day... i want 500

Jimmydr
08-13-2004, 02:43 PM
you know you can do better then 200 pics in 10 days thats only an average of 20 pics a day... i want 500

I say 200 but it will be more like 400. I lowball alot. :D

BigTrick
08-13-2004, 06:58 PM
Hey Gdogg, Please let me know if you got a good price out of ATL. I have been catching hell trying to find a decent fare from ATL to POP. I usually use Vacation Express but they are only seasonal to POP.

I'm trying to go maybe labor day weekend or somewhere around that time. Thanks

gdogg
08-13-2004, 08:33 PM
Hey Gdogg, Please let me know if you got a good price out of ATL. I have been catching hell trying to find a decent fare from ATL to POP. I usually use Vacation Express but they are only seasonal to POP.

Dude, I've been searching for a good price since March. Using all types of possible combinations (like Atl to NYC to DR). Couldn't find anything remotely decent (lucky New York bastards, with their JetBlue!). The best price was found buy winning a SkyAuction. I think the final price was $697. I didn't take it because I don't think you can choose the flight. I think they are pissed, they keep sending me emails talking about charging me for cancelling. Good luck collecting cuz it ain't gonna happen. I finally got a flight using expedia for $800 total including insurance.

gdogg
08-13-2004, 08:34 PM
you guys probably said it before but how long are you going to be out there.. gdogg, jimmy???

9 days..August 14-22. If I'm having toooo much fun, I may visit Dr. Salazar for an ear infection excuse/note for the boss!
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

gdogg
08-13-2004, 08:37 PM

I think it may be possible. My digital camera is finally working after three years. I also replaced the 4MB compact flash with a 256Mb. So you may get 800 pictures. Plus, I bought about 8 disposables as backup. With all the hell I went through finding a card that was compatible with my camera, you better believe I'll be taking pictures of random sign posts!

the_Jayman
08-13-2004, 08:41 PM
do it gdogg . . . DO IT ! !

I need these trip reports and pictures to get me thru the next 1 month 4 days 12 hours and 27 minutes !

Especally PICTURES ! ! :shock:

BigTrick
08-13-2004, 11:16 PM

(lucky New York bastards, with their JetBlue!).

I agree! Jetblue has $99 fares one-way JFK to STI. I'm thinking it may be cheaper to fly to JFK then take Jetblue to STI. Then Caribe Tours to POP for 70pesos. Shit that's alot of traveling.