PDA

View Full Version : Supersaver info anyone?

Macky
08-19-2004, 11:34 AM
I would like to make some long weekend trips from Miami for the remainder of this year, but price is the problem. I read on the forum that supersavers run about 200 bucks, but I have checked the AA web site and done some searches and can't seem to find out about supersaver fares. Is this something they only have from NYC? Anyone know where I should look for this?

The fares from Florida are crap. Cheapest I can find is $388 to SD.

BrooklynBeas
08-19-2004, 11:39 AM
I would like to make some long weekend trips from Miami for the remainder of this year, but price is the problem. I read on the forum that supersavers run about 200 bucks, but I have checked the AA web site and done some searches and can't seem to find out about supersaver fares. Is this something they only have from NYC? Anyone know where I should look for this?

The fares from Florida are crap. Cheapest I can find is $388 to SD.

Actually they come out every tuesday morning... go to AA.com and sign up for the email notification... if anything there are no more supersavers from NYC... it seems like they are low all the time, except around holidays... it goes a lil something like this

Dear BrooklynBeas,

Today's American Airlines Domestic & International Net SAAver
Weekend Getaway Fares email offer is valid for travel next
weekend.

- Domestic Departure dates: August 27 - 28, 2004

- International Departure dates: August 25 - 27, 2004

- Tickets must be purchased by Friday, August 20, 2004

Looking for additional great deals? We have something for
everyone. You can find Domestic Net SAAver Weekend Getaway
destinations for this weekend, departing August 20 - 21, 2004
on AA.com along with other great low Net SAAver fares that are
for other travel dates at:

http://info.aa.com/Key=41938.4CwD.C.HBcFfl

Shorter Flights Require Fewer Miles

For a limited time, you can travel round-trip on selected
flights in Economy Class for only 15,000 miles or in First or
Business Class for 30,000 miles. This special MileSAAver award
is good for nonstop flights within the Continental U.S. and
Canada, operated by American, with a distance of up to 750 air
miles each way. Visit aa.com/shorthauls for details and to book
now!

http://info.aa.com/Key=41938.4CwD.D.N98YBr

***********************************
***********************************

1. American Airlines Domestic Weekend Getaway Fares

Coach Class Round-trip Travel
Fare Coach Class From: To:
---- ---------------- ----------------
$149 Austin, TX (AUS) Chicago O'Hare, IL (ORD)
$169 Austin, TX (AUS) Los Angeles, CA (LAX)
$169 Baltimore, MD (BWI) Dallas/Fort Worth, TX (DFW)
$149 Boston, MA (BOS) Chicago O'Hare, IL (ORD)

$189 Boston, MA (BOS) Dallas/Fort Worth, TX (DFW)
$249 Boston, MA (BOS) Las Vegas, NV (LAS)
$249 Boston, MA (BOS) San Jose, CA (SJC)
$139 Chicago Midway, IL (MDW) Dallas/Fort Worth, TX (DFW)

$149 Chicago O'Hare, IL (ORD) Austin, TX (AUS)
$149 Chicago O'Hare, IL (ORD) Boston, MA (BOS)
$139 Chicago O'Hare, IL (ORD) Philadelphia, PA (PHL)
$189 Chicago O'Hare, IL (ORD) San Francisco, CA (SFO)

$169 Cleveland, OH (CLE) Miami, FL (MIA)
$169 Dallas/Fort Worth, TX (DFW) Baltimore, MD (BWI)
$189 Dallas/Fort Worth, TX (DFW) Boston, MA (BOS)
$139 Dallas/Fort Worth, TX (DFW) Chicago Midway, IL (MDW)

$139 Dallas/Fort Worth, TX (DFW) Des Moines, IA (DSM) #
$169 Dallas/Fort Worth, TX (DFW) Newark, NJ (EWR)
$149 Dallas/Fort Worth, TX (DFW) Orlando, FL (MCO)
$169 Dallas/Fort Worth, TX (DFW) Philadelphia, PA (PHL)

$189 Dallas/Fort Worth, TX (DFW) Portland, OR (PDX)
$169 Dallas/Fort Worth, TX (DFW) Reno, NV (RNO)
$189 Dallas/Fort Worth, TX (DFW) Sacramento, CA (SMF)
$139 Dallas/Fort Worth, TX (DFW) Vail/Eagle, CO (EGE)

$139 Des Moines, IA (DSM) Dallas/Fort Worth, TX (DFW) #
$169 Detroit, MI (DTW) Miami, FL (MIA)
$149 Fort Myers, FL (RSW) St. Louis, MO (STL)
$169 Los Angeles, CA (LAX) Austin, TX (AUS)

$169 Miami, FL (MIA) Cleveland, OH (CLE)
$169 Miami, FL (MIA) Detroit, MI (DTW)
$149 New York LaGuardia, NY (LGA) St. Louis, MO (STL)
$169 Newark, NJ (EWR) Dallas/Fort Worth, TX (DFW)

$149 Orlando, FL (MCO) Dallas/Fort Worth, TX (DFW)
$139 Philadelphia, PA (PHL) Chicago O'Hare, IL (ORD)
$169 Philadelphia, PA (PHL) Dallas/Fort Worth, TX (DFW)
$189 Portland, OR (PDX) Dallas/Fort Worth, TX (DFW)

$169 Reno, NV (RNO) Dallas/Fort Worth, TX (DFW)
$189 Sacramento, CA (SMF) Dallas/Fort Worth, TX (DFW)
$189 San Francisco, CA (SFO) Chicago O'Hare, IL (ORD)
$249 San Jose, CA (SJC) Boston, MA (BOS)

$332 San Jose, CA (SJC) Maui, Kahului, HI (OGG)
$149 St. Louis, MO (STL) Fort Myers, FL (RSW)
$149 St. Louis, MO (STL) New York LaGuardia, NY (LGA)
$139 Vail/Eagle, CO (EGE) Dallas/Fort Worth, TX (DFW)

# American Eagle or AmericanConnection service
-----------------------------------

Travel Dates and Times for Weekend Getaway Fares:

- Depart 7:00 p.m. or after, Friday, August 27, 2004 or
anytime Saturday, August 28, 2004.

- Return anytime the following Monday, August 30, 2004 or
Tuesday, August 31, 2004.

- Friday evening travel may not be available in all markets.

- Tickets must be purchased by this Friday, August 20,
2004, 11:59 p.m. (CT).

- Fares displayed are for round-trip coach class travel.

-----------------------------------

How to Book Net SAAver Fares
Net SAAver Fares are now available on the Web at AA.com.

To book, go to AA.com by clicking:
http://info.aa.com/Key=41938.4CwD.C.HBcFfl

2. American Airlines International Weekend Getaway Fares

Coach Class Round-trip Travel
Fare Coach Class From: To:
---- ---------------- ----------------
$259 Baltimore, MD (BWI) San Juan, PR (SJU)
$269 Boston, MA (BOS) San Juan, PR (SJU)
$189 Boston, MA (BOS) Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic (SDQ)
$179 Chicago O'Hare, IL (ORD) Mexico City, Mexico (MEX)

$229 Dallas/Fort Worth, TX (DFW) Cabo San Lucas, Mexico (SJD)
$229 Dallas/Fort Worth, TX (DFW) Cancun, Mexico (CUN)
$359 Dallas/Fort Worth, TX (DFW) Guatemala City, Guatemala (GUA)
$299 Dallas/Fort Worth, TX (DFW) San Jose, Costa Rica (SJO)

$649 Dallas/Fort Worth, TX (DFW) Sao Paulo, Brazil (GRU)
$109 Fort Lauderdale, FL (FLL) Nassau, Bahamas (NAS) #
$139 Los Angeles, CA (LAX) Cabo San Lucas, Mexico (SJD)
$259 Miami, FL (MIA) Barbados, Barbados (BGI)

$189 Miami, FL (MIA) Cancun, Mexico (CUN)
$109 Miami, FL (MIA) Freeport, Bahamas (FPO) #
$239 Miami, FL (MIA) Managua, Nicaragua (MGA)
$209 Miami, FL (MIA) Maracaibo, Venezuela (MAR)

$109 Miami, FL (MIA) Nassau, Bahamas (NAS) #
$179 Miami, FL (MIA) St. Thomas, USVI (STT)
$109 San Juan, PR (SJU) Anguilla, Anguilla (AXA) #
$259 San Juan, PR (SJU) Baltimore, MD (BWI)

$269 San Juan, PR (SJU) Boston, MA (BOS)
$259 San Juan, PR (SJU) Washington Dulles, DC (IAD)
$179 St. Thomas, USVI (STT) Miami, FL (MIA)
$259 Washington Dulles, DC (IAD) San Juan, PR (SJU)

# American Eagle or AmericanConnection service
-----------------------------------

Travel Dates and Times for Weekend Getaway Fares:

- Depart anytime between Wednesday, August 25, 2004 and
Friday, August 27, 2004.

- Return anytime between Monday, August 30, 2004 and
Wednesday, September 1, 2004.

- Tickets must be purchased by this Friday, August 20,
2004, 11:59 p.m. (CT).

- Fares displayed are for round-trip coach class travel.

-----------------------------------

How to Book Net SAAver Fares
Net SAAver Fares are now available on the Web at AA.com.

To book, go to AA.com by clicking:

http://info.aa.com/Key=41938.4CwD.C.HBcFfl

3. AAdvantage Net SAAver Awards

Travel On 13,000 AAdvantage Miles!

Award travel is closer than you think because now you can claim
AAdvantage Net SAAver Awards for as low as 13,000 AAdvantage
miles. With this award reduction, getting away with Net SAAver
Awards has never been easier!

See how far your miles can take you. Call AAdvantage
Reservations today.

$139 destinations are just $39 plus 13,000 miles
$149 destinations are just $39 plus 13,000 miles
$169 destinations are just $39 plus 13,000 miles
$189 destinations are just $39 plus 16,000 miles

- Our AAdvantage Net SAAver Awards are a great way to use
your AAdvantage miles to obtain a travel award for less
mileage. To determine the mileage required, compare the
fares in this week's Domestic Weekend Getaway list with
the chart above.

- AAdvantage Net SAAver Awards are valid for travel
departing 7:00 p.m. or after, Friday, August 27, 2004 or
anytime Saturday, August 28, 2004 for the cities listed
above.

- AAdvantage Net SAAver Awards are not applicable to
First/Business Class, International or Transborder
fares.

- To book your AAdvantage Net SAAver Award trip call
AAdvantage Reservations toll-free, 800-882-8880.

4. More Travel Savings

AmericanAirlines Vacations(SM)

Hawaii & 11,000 AAdvantage(R) Bonus Miles*

Book a minimum 5-night stay at a participating hotel or resort
in Hawaii and earn up to 11,000 AAdvantage bonus miles*!
Simply, book online at AAVacations.com before September 30,
2004 for travel between now and December 18, 2004 or between
January 5 - June 30, 2005.

*Restrictions apply - for details, visit AAVacations.com at:

http://info.aa.com/Key=41938.4CwD.F.G9J5L

The AAdvantage Hotel(SM) Program by Rewards Network(SM)

The Richest Mileage Rewards At Over 10,000 Hotels!

You will earn up to 10 miles for every room-rate dollar spent
and get low, competitive room rates when you book your next
hotel stay though the AAdvantage(R) Hotel program. The network
of more than 10,000 great hotels offers a full range of choices
from boutique, luxury and name brands in destinations across
the U.S. Click below to book your next trip today.

http://info.aa.com/Key=41938.4CwD.G.HRBHGJ

Hertz(R)

Receive An Upgrade & 400 AAdvantage(R) Bonus Miles From Hertz

Now through November 30, 2004, you can receive a One Car Class
Upgrade and 400 AAdvantage bonus miles when you rent a Compact
(Class B) through Full Size (Class F) car. This offer is valid
on all qualifying Leisure Weekly Rate rentals and Leisure
Weekend Rate rentals of two or more days at a participating
location in the U.S. or Canada. At the time of reservation,
provide your AAdvantage number, CDP # 217692, and PC #950994.
Some restrictions apply. For reservations and more information,
visit Hertz online.

http://info.aa.com/Key=41938.4CwD.H.NLZYtv

5. Additional Rules and Restrictions

AA WEEKEND GETAWAY FARES RESTRICTIONS:

Fares shown do not include: (i) up to a $3.10 USD federal
excise tax, which will be imposed on each flight segment of
your itinerary, (ii) local airport charges of up to $18, if
applicable, (iii) Canadian taxes of up to $22, if applicable
(iv) fares for Canadian destinations do not include applicable
Federal Inspection Fee of $6 per round trip or Air Traveler
Security Charge of up to $24 CAD per enplanement originating at
a Canadian airport. International fares are subject to
government approval. Government taxes and fees of up to $125
USD, varying by destination, are not included and may vary
slightly depending on currency exchange rates at the time of
purchase. Tickets are nonrefundable. Domestic Weekend Getaway
fares must be purchased at least 7 days prior to departure or 1
day after the reservation is made, whichever comes first.
International Weekend Getaway fares must be purchased at least
5 days prior to departure or 1 day after the reservation is
made, whichever comes first. Prior to departure, changes to
your ticket may be made if you pay up to a $100 USD/$145 CAD
change fee and meet the restrictions applicable to the new
fare. Changes must be made on or before the departure date of
each ticketed flight. After the departure date, the ticket will
have no value and standby will not be permitted. Seats are
limited. Fares may not be available on all flights and are
subject to change without notice. All or a portion of your
travel may be on American Eagle or AmericanConnection,
American's regional airline associates. Other restrictions
apply, click on one of the links below, or go to
http://info.aa.com/Key=41938.4CwD.C.HBcFfl for more information.

http://info.aa.com/Key=41938.4CwD.J.YB0sl
http://info.aa.com/Key=41938.4CwD.K.HcJc3s

Net SAAver Fares is a trademark, and American Airlines,
American Eagle and AmericanConnection are registered trademarks
of American Airlines, Inc.

This email has been sent to BPRUTKIN@CERBERUSPARTNERS.COM

American Airlines respects your privacy and will use your information only to keep you better informed. We do not sell your personal information to anyone outside of American Airlines.

We may also be reached by writing to us at the following address:
American Airlines, 14770 Trinity Boulevard, MD 2400, Fort Worth, Texas, 76155

040817prvdom&int

BigTrick
08-19-2004, 11:50 AM
AmericanAirline post the netsavers on Tues of every week. You must purchase by Friday and fly by next week. They usually offer MIA to POP once a month for like $179 plus another $100 in taxes.

Go to the link below and sign up for the netsaver email subscription
http://www.aa.com/apps/netSAAver/NetSAAverHome.jhtml?anchorEvent=false

They don't have anything going to the DR this week. Hope this helps.

tampabukkake
08-19-2004, 01:09 PM
The fares from Florida are crap. Cheapest I can find is $388 to SD.

Right now from Florida fares suck!!! Here s something very interesting. MIA to POP is 488.00 R/T.

JFK to POP is 242.00 R/T . They have a couple of different routings. JFK-POP (Nonstop) or JFK-MIA-POP (and vica versa).

Jetblue is 62.00 FLL-JFK

Theoretically -
Now, if you were to take the 6 am FLL to JFK (arriving at 8:35 am) Then AA flight (nonstop) JFK-POP Return on the POP-MIA-JFK. Get lost after customs.

FLL-JFK 62.00
JFK-POP
POP-MIA 242.00

Total 304.00

This is frowned upon by the airlines and I think I have read where it is illegal. So I am not saying you should do this.

tampabukkake
08-19-2004, 01:18 PM
I have also won some auctions recently on Skyauction.com , but you have to be careful. There are fees attatched that bring up the prices. Example:

I travel from Tampa (duh!)

Won at price 88.00
Service Charge 15.00
Taxes/Surcharge 125.00
Depart City (Tampa) 50.00

Total 278.00

If you want to travel on a Sat or Sun it is 45.00 each direction.

Holiday period can add another 150.00

So bid after calculating how much you want to spend.

Also on these tickets accrual of Frequent Flier miles is not permitted.

Macky
08-26-2004, 02:16 AM
Belated thanks guys for all this info, I had a computer glitch when I tried to post this one and assumed it didn't get posted, didn't check it again until now. All this info is good stuff, I will use it to make some weekend trips.

El Drunko
08-26-2004, 06:37 AM
thats a great idea, mia-jfk-pop Im doing something similar in sept. Im going bos-lax-jfk-pop-jfk-sfo-bos for an extra 150 bucks Im crossing the country 2 times. Although Im spending more, Im getting cheap miles for future uses.

I almost booked through MIA, but it was more expensive and not as many miles. Either way I have to book through jfk. It seems to be the cheapest.

BrooklynBeas
08-26-2004, 07:58 AM
thats a great idea, mia-jfk-pop Im doing something similar in sept. Im going bos-lax-jfk-pop-jfk-sfo-bos for an extra 150 bucks Im crossing the country 2 times. Although Im spending more, Im getting cheap miles for future uses.

I almost booked through MIA, but it was more expensive and not as many miles. Either way I have to book through jfk. It seems to be the cheapest.
Thats some crazy routing to go to the DR... how many miles are you getting and how long is the flying and layover times... i hate flying i would rather pay more and get less miles just to get on the ground!

BigTrick
08-26-2004, 11:20 AM
I purchased the $69 Jetblue fair from JFK to STI one-way. But actually it was more like $169 once they add the tax. Then I had to purchase a Delta ticket from ATL to get to JFK for$95 oneway. Total I spend $430 but it's still the cheapest way out of ATL to the DR.

gdogg
08-26-2004, 05:17 PM
I may try that, now that I'm comfortable with traveling down to the DR.

BigTrick
08-26-2004, 05:53 PM
The only problem with jet blue is the crazy hours they fly. My flight leave at 9:30 pm and arrives at 1:30 am.

BrooklynBeas
08-27-2004, 07:45 AM
I may try that, now that I'm comfortable with traveling down to the DR.

Please Gdogg... Be Very Carefull!!! NYC is tougher then DR in many ways!!!... just playing ... damn it is great living in NY (10 minutes from JFK)... its cheap and easy!

Beas- rubbin it in

BrooklynBeas
08-27-2004, 07:48 AM
The only problem with jet blue is the crazy hours they fly. My flight leave at 9:30 pm and arrives at 1:30 am.

I agree Big Trick... I did the late night flight 3 weeks ago... arrived at 1:35am in STI and it seemed like it was daytime when i got out of the airport there were about 5000 people out there... I had a ride but its no problem getting a taxi if needed... Also leaving STI- 2 something in the morning...I arrived at JFK at 6:05 in the morning... way too tired to go into work that monday... i called in sick.

gdogg
08-27-2004, 09:24 AM
I may try that, now that I'm comfortable with traveling down to the DR.

Please Gdogg... Be Very Carefull!!! NYC is tougher then DR in many ways!!!... just playing ... damn it is great living in NY (10 minutes from JFK)... its cheap and easy!

Beas- rubbin it in

Oh no, I wasn't talking about living in NYC. Just talking about flying into Santiago. Cheaper flights and all.

BrooklynBeas
08-27-2004, 09:50 AM
i know what you meant ... i was talking about passing through NY not living here...

BigTrick
08-27-2004, 10:15 AM
yea NYC is rough.....they will fuck you up in the airport :lol: