PDA

View Full Version : Palace conditions?

Macky
08-20-2004, 11:11 AM
I stayed at the Palace a few weeks ago and was wondering if the off season is a bad time to go. There were chicas all right but both the pool and the jacuzzi were not useable, the water was cloudy and not maintained. Also I was told the bar was closed, nobody was hanging around to talk to. I was a bit disappointed as I was looking forward to hooking up with some other mongers for some adventures and some laughs.

Also my room, the one on the top floor overlooking the pool, was in very rough shape, and the windows and doors were so poorly sealed that the outside breeze was blowing the cold air right out as fast as the AC could make it.

Anyway I hesitated to make this post because there are a lot of Palace fans on the forum. I wanted to become a Palace fan myself, but the situation there was not so good. Is it kept up a bit better in the tourist season?

Don Tomas
08-20-2004, 11:29 AM
Any reason given for the bar being closed?

As for the pool not sure but possibly there is a water shortage right now, I believe they have to drain and clean the pool every two weeks or so to keep it clean, but if you don't have the water to fill it back up there's really no point.

Macky
08-20-2004, 11:54 AM
No reason was given, but then I didn't ask. Might have been because there were only a few guests around. I may try the Palace again in the winter, perhaps at a time when a bunch of our members are putting together a trip, so that there are people to party with.

Jimmydr
08-20-2004, 02:51 PM
I am in Sosua usually
April
July
August
October
November
December

Most times there are 3-4 other guests and other times there is a full house. I got here Wednesday and Thursday afternoon there were 5 of us around. Friday & Saturday 8 mongers checked in. By Wednesday there will be 5 again.

If you ask them they will drain and clean the pool for you.

Macky
08-20-2004, 08:20 PM
I'll try the Palace again in the busy season, Sosua in general was a bit quiet at this time of year. Hope the High Caribe re-opens and gets back to like it was last year. Hope the new president gets the power back on, too.

bigfroggy1
02-14-2005, 09:42 AM
I find the palace is in very nice and the general atmosphe is awsome.

el_papi_chew_low
02-14-2005, 09:54 AM
I've never stayed at the Palace only been through there for a couple of minutes 1 time so excuse me if I sound more ignorant than usual. First of all, isn't the Winter in the DR the high season? If you were there recently (December or January or February) would that not be considered high season since it is cold in the USA and Canada and people go on vacation during the winter months?

As far as Thomas' speculation about the water shortage, I find that interesting in light of all the rain that the North Coast has gotten the last couple of months.

Don Tomas
02-14-2005, 01:01 PM
I've never stayed at the Palace only been through there for a couple of minutes 1 time so excuse me if I sound more ignorant than usual. First of all, isn't the Winter in the DR the high season? If you were there recently (December or January or February) would that not be considered high season since it is cold in the USA and Canada and people go on vacation during the winter months?

As far as Thomas' speculation about the water shortage, I find that interesting in light of all the rain that the North Coast has gotten the last couple of months.

This post is from Aug 20th. During August it was the slow season and there was a water shortage. :wink:

Dark Knight
02-15-2005, 12:02 AM
I just got back today last night a few chicas and mongers got itn the jacuzzi but naked the girls Margarita Soronji,and Naomi were in there .the pool looks ok but the rail needs to be repalced.
One

el_papi_chew_low
02-15-2005, 05:55 AM

This post is from Aug 20th. During August it was the slow season and there was a water shortage. :wink:

Thomas, you are 100% correct!!! Didn't even notice the date lol

BROOKLYN_357
02-15-2005, 05:43 PM
i never stayed at the palace either, but it seem cool to me when i went thru there to meet some other mongers

D_W_
02-15-2005, 05:50 PM
i never stayed at the palace either, but it seem cool to me when i went thru there to meet some other mongers

It's got a very laid back frat atmosphere. If you're newbie you cannot go wrong. Even though in May I may stay somewhere else...I may still keep a room there.

Macky
02-15-2005, 06:56 PM
I am headed for Boca this weekend but if I can find a decent air fare to POP or Santiago out of Miami I will do a long weekend at the Palace. I think I am developing a preference for the north coast over time. Depends on how dead Boca is. The cheap flights to SDQ keep me heading there for weekenders.

Ram
03-03-2005, 12:56 AM
I stayed at the palace in Feb, I enjoyed every minute of it!

John was a lot of help, he spent a good half hour talking to me when I arrived and pointed me in the right directions. Fantastic host, he was available for any help needed every day I was there, meant a lot to me.

The girls were no problem, I did not mess around with them until the last two day's I was there and only hung with Niaomi, who was fantastic fun! There were some girls hanging around I did not recongnize from the pictures, John said they were new girls, did not try them but they looked good.

I found the rooms very clean, the beds were very comfortable, the fridges kept the presidente's very cold and I felt safe as hell!! I could not ask for anything more.

The palace does feel like a frat house, guy's always around to hang with, I made some good friends there. All in All, for a newbie going to the DR for the first time, who wants to get right into things, this is the place to start.

I went to Blackbeards for the second part of my trip, it was a lot of fun too but for pure party fun, the palace is the place!!