PDA

View Full Version : The Waterfront

Jimmydr
08-24-2004, 10:04 AM
For Dinner, we at at The Waterfront Hotel in Sosua. Good steak and shrimp. They got the orders correct and it didn't take that long. The place is not cheap. $45 for 3 people.

Beads
11-24-2005, 04:25 PM
I was just reading about this restauarant on the DR1 forums and it had good reviews.I would have figured it was very expensive as well. How does it compare to places like Mora Mai or El Toro? I definitely would pay $40 or even more for an awesome seafood/steak dinner with all good items on the menu and not chance getting sick ordering anything on the menu.

guttaman
11-24-2005, 05:12 PM
For $55 you will get a great meal for 2 there. Surf and turf, local drinks and all taxes. Breakfast for 4 was 1050 pesos and it was much better than the popular regular breakfast spot. No internet at the Waterfront but you do not have to wait 40 minutes for your meal.

Beads
11-24-2005, 05:28 PM
Sounds good to me! Waiting 40 minutes though for food to arrive is like an eternity though I wait 20 minutes here in the US and start thinking they lost my order!

guttaman
11-24-2005, 05:39 PM
At the Waterfront the food comes in normal time. The other popular and cheaper eatery ( Rocky's ) that has internet takes forever to get your food. But most people check the internet while they wait. Also check out the ribs at Rocky's. Well worth the wait.

Cheeno
11-24-2005, 05:43 PM
You guys are making me hungry. :D

guttaman
11-24-2005, 06:05 PM
You guys are making me hungry. :D

I thought you were having turkey lo mein for Thanksgiving chino, LOL.

Si_Poppi
11-24-2005, 06:26 PM
For Dinner, we at at The Waterfront Hotel in Sosua. Good steak and shrimp. They got the orders correct and it didn't take that long. The place is not cheap. $45 for 3 people.Do you mean $45 each?
$45 for 3 and you had steak and shrimp seems quite inexpensive to me.

guttaman
11-24-2005, 06:47 PM
That post was from August 2004 and was $45 total for the three of them. Since then the cost of eating out has gone up. I was there last month and since you pay in pesos the price floats depending on the exchange rate. Last August it was 38 to 1 while now it is 32/33 to 1. The restaurant is on a cliff overlooking the ocean and a great place to take a not-a-puta.

the_Jayman
11-24-2005, 08:09 PM
and a great place to take a not-a-puta.

not-a-puta ? what's that ? ? never met one :D

gdogg
11-25-2005, 12:52 AM
Jayman, you need to hit the non-tourist areas!!

Beads
11-25-2005, 08:43 PM
Putas gotta eat too! If the puta is giving it her all in trying to make you feel as happy as she possibly can I don't see any harm in treating her to a nice meal either.

guttaman
11-25-2005, 09:10 PM
Putas gotta eat too! If the puta is giving it her all in trying to make you feel as happy as she possibly can I don't see any harm in treating her to a nice meal either.

Big mistake. Feed them a salami and cheese sandwich and they will be happy. Bring them to a nice place and Western Union bells go off in their soap opera heads. If the puta is a keeper then i would splurge for a pizza. If you got a kitchen in your place give the chica 500 pesos and send her to the store. Have her cook and feed the leftovers to the next chica you pick up.

Mister NYC
11-25-2005, 11:00 PM
Great place for a scenic breakfast and/or drinks. The shack next door is just as good too in my opinion....I eat at the shack. Try the BBQ platter!

Beads
11-26-2005, 01:44 AM

Big mistake. Feed them a salami and cheese sandwich and they will be happy. Bring them to a nice place and Western Union bells go off in their soap opera heads. If the puta is a keeper then i would splurge for a pizza. If you got a kitchen in your place give the chica 500 pesos and send her to the store. Have her cook and feed the leftovers to the next chica you pick up.

I hear any bells and Imma running!