PDA

View Full Version : Rocky's Condos in Sosua

terrierist
02-11-2008, 04:36 PM
I am hoping to get to Sosua for a week around the first of April, but I cannot book it yet. I'm waiting for a written job offer so I can quit my current job, take a week off in Sosua, and then start the new one spent and relaxed.

I like the idea of staying at the New Garden, but it seems to be heavily booked and under construction as well. So I went browsing and noticed that Rocky's has condos for rent weekly as well. For $225 / week, you get a much nicer place with a kitchenette and a pool. Rocky indicated he'd rather take his Chica there, as it is much nicer. He recommended it would be easy to hop on a motoconcho as they are cheap, frequent and only take a minute. (He says it's a 10 minute walk, so I'll read that as 15).

Now my Spanish is very limited (I can now count to 10 and say Thank you), and I was hoping to hook up with some ISOC members at the New Garden. I hope some of you will be there.

Is this a good alternative? The price is right, it'd be much cheaper to stock my own bar, and I really like sitting by the pool and reading (when recovering from my mongering misadventures). Or will I just be missing out on too much of the action? I supposed I'd stay at the New Garden if I could, but it will be a last-minute booking if the job offer comes through.

Any advice? Comments? It may be nice to establish an alternative to New Garden, at least until it gets its new rooms built.

Bug Boy
02-11-2008, 04:51 PM
It is 2 blocks down to Passions.

eldorob
02-11-2008, 05:22 PM
Rockys condos are an excellent choice. You have a little more quiet there then you would at an in-town location. So it depends on what you like. You won't have screaming naked chicas being thrown into the pool at 4am if you stay at The Tradewinds.

And the distance is not an issue. There is a shortcut into town that you can take during the daytime. Or you can get a motoconch at the bottom of the hill pretty much anytime.

The Tradewinds pool and the grounds surrounding it are beautiful.

LM
02-11-2008, 05:41 PM
Rocky's condo's are a great alternative....have stayed there many times.....just a bit of a walk into town, or a short motoconcho ride...

terrierist
02-11-2008, 06:00 PM
Rockys condos are an excellent choice. You have a little more quiet there then you would at an in-town location. So it depends on what you like. You won't have screaming naked chicas being thrown into the pool at 4am if you stay at The Tradewinds.

And the distance is not an issue. There is a shortcut into town that you can take during the daytime. Or you can get a motoconch at the bottom of the hill pretty much anytime.

The Tradewinds pool and the grounds surrounding it are beautiful.

Hell, I like screaming naked chicas being thrown into the pool at 4am. I just don't like jackhammers and power saws at 9 am when I'm trying to recover.

I'm glad it's a nice place, but I really don't want to be far from the action either. The best nights at Cristals Mustang Ranch were when a group of us all had chicas back at the Ranch. It was a blast!!!!

It's beginning to sound, though, that if the New Garden is full it's my next best choice. Any other recommendations?

Beads
02-11-2008, 06:08 PM
Rocky has nice condos I have stayed in that development a few times and the ones nearby. If your there for more than a few days and want to be able to cook etc its a good way to go. Its not as far away as you think either. I know your new to town but as stated it is just past LaPassion. You can always catch a moto at the bottom of the hill too so its not like your out in the boonies.

At night I would suggest taking a moto home though as you dont want to be walking along the highway at night or in the dark streets down in that area. Not that it isnt safe but you shouldn;t take any un needed chances if you dont have to.

Just my 0.02

eldorob
02-11-2008, 06:18 PM
Never tried this place but it's between Rockys and New Garden.
http://magnusj.org/casavaleria/
Small place. I have talked to the owner and they seemed very nice. I'm pretty sure chica friendly but no wild parties.

But you could just walk down to the NG, trash the place, throw nakid chicas off the balcony into the pool and crawl back to Casa Valeria in the morning:eek: :eek:

GOOD LORD MAN, you need to slow down, your in your 50's for crying out loud...:corky: :corky:

terrierist
02-11-2008, 06:54 PM
But you could just walk down to the NG, trash the place, throw nakid chicas off the balcony into the pool and crawl back to Casa Valeria in the morning:eek: :eek:

GOOD LORD MAN, you need to slow down, your in your 50's for crying out loud...:corky: :corky:

Slow down? I've been slowed down for nearly 30 years. Damn, but I've got the pent-up restlessness and sense of adventure of a 20-year-old (though unfortunately not the endurance). I gotta get me some life, my friend. Some experiences, some fun!! Besides, I can not even imagine throwing a perfectly functional chica off a balcony. Perhaps if she was attempting to siesta on my nickel, then she'd need a wake-up but that's a long shot.

Seriously though, it sounds like I will have trouble going too wrong with any of these, so I guess I'll quit sweating the petty stuff (and remember not to pet the sweaty stuff either).

As usual, thanks for all the guidance and help. I really had no idea that Sosua was that small.