PDA

View Full Version : Sosua-Puerto Plata

Gladiator
08-25-2004, 07:05 PM
What are the different options to go from Sosua to Puerto Plata and back?

Are there also public cars and gwa-gwas to get there? If so, what's the latest possible time to come back from PP to Sosua by bus or public car?

How much would a taxi cost?

Thanks in advance for your help with these questions.

Jimmydr
08-25-2004, 08:39 PM
Are there also public cars and gwa-gwas to get there? If so, what's the latest possible time to come back from PP to Sosua by bus or public car?

Everything is available to get you anywhere. :D

Don Tomas
08-25-2004, 09:47 PM
What are the different options to go from Sosua to Puerto Plata and back?

Basically you can hire the taxi for all night for anywhere from 1000-2000RD all night. As for the latest, well just about anyone will stop for you as long as you give them gas money.

Macky
08-26-2004, 02:20 AM
Gladiator

Not sure when the publicos quit. The guaguas I understand are more or less 6AM to 6PM. Since the action in POP is going to be at its best after midnight, hiring a taxi for the night is probably the way to go.

BrooklynBeas
08-26-2004, 08:21 AM
Glad he ate her... i mean Gladiator... i have stopped cars on the streets asking them if they were taxis when i damn well knew they werent... they usually ask me where i am going and when i tell them... they usually say vamanos... i say how much ... negotiate a lil usually... and off we go... everyone needs money in DR...

Jimmydr
08-26-2004, 09:03 AM
Glad he ate her... i mean Gladiator... i have stopped cars on the streets asking them if they were taxis when i damn well knew they werent... they usually ask me where i am going and when i tell them... they usually say vamanos... i say how much ... negotiate a lil usually... and off we go... everyone needs money in DR...

Same with the chicas, I ask them if they are working and you know the rest :shock:

hughgrection
03-30-2005, 05:01 PM
Gladiator

Not sure when the publicos quit. The guaguas I understand are more or less 6AM to 6PM. Since the action in POP is going to be at its best after midnight, hiring a taxi for the night is probably the way to go.

What are the differences between the publicos and the guaguas ?

Where can iget them near playa dorado?

domfan
03-31-2005, 08:02 AM
guaguas are the minivans, they operate till nihgtfall. publicos are public taxis, they got a RED taxi sign on top saying PUERTO PLATA - SOSUA. those operate all night long. in puerto plata they operate from in front of the public hospital, hrere the redlights are. difficult to stop them en route, because they fill up right away.
my advise: stick with cabs, share it with a friend monger

Macky
03-31-2005, 09:33 AM
I used the shared taxis across the supermarket on the main road to get to Puerto Plata - I think it was something like 50 pesos.