PDA

View Full Version : A great thing to have : Personal alarm

ilikenyacional
04-18-2006, 11:33 PM
For those who stay in places without a room safe.

I'm always staying at Rocky's or other places without room safe so here is what I do :

For my security, I leave my wallet-passport-plane ticket to Marco who put them in his safe in his room. Just remind him a day before you go. I always have a combination padlock and a small alarm on my suitcase with my camera, money, credit card in there. Always hide your room keys so she can't go, the front gate is locked during the night. Never had a security problem with theses precautions.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y115/ilikenacional/alarm3.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y115/ilikenacional/4918703l.jpg

That small alarm is surprisingly loud. Sometime I set it in a drawer and one day, one of Rocky's maid open that drawer and set off the alarm. Marco, told me later that the poor girl and him almost had an heart attack ! Try it, available at Radio shack for about 10$.

The combination padlocks on the suitcase are also great to prevent theft from luggage handler. They are small but pretty strong and no keys to lose (well, you can lose your mind...)

It's about 25$ only and I think it's a great investment.

And for Cuba traveller, there is never a room safe in a casa particular.

weyland
04-19-2006, 03:02 AM
Thanks. Useful post, especially for we old farts who may not be aware of what's available.

JuanElGriego
04-19-2006, 02:58 PM
Here's another safety option.

I've had one of these for a long time and no one's suspected a thing. You just screw off the bottom, put your stuff in, screw it back up. Great idea for money/jewelry, etc.

http://www.safetymerchandise.com/diversion-safes.htm

Don Tomas
04-19-2006, 03:09 PM
Here's another safety option.

I've had one of these for a long time and no one's suspected a thing. You just screw off the bottom, put your stuff in, screw it back up. Great idea for money/jewelry, etc.

http://www.safetymerchandise.com/diversion-safes.htm

Yeah but if you get the hairspray or other "needed" item a chica is liable to steal the whole can!!!

psriches
04-19-2006, 03:12 PM
Yeah but if you get the hairspray or other "needed" item a chica is liable to steal the whole can!!!I was thinking the same thing. So Juan, which one of these items do you have?

Don Tomas
04-19-2006, 03:14 PM
BTW These are purchasable in finer headshops around the nation...

Don't ask me how I know...;)

vdubman30
04-19-2006, 06:22 PM
BTW These are purchasable in finer headshops around the nation...

Don't ask me how I know...;)

yeah you right!!

JuanElGriego
04-19-2006, 09:15 PM
I was thinking the same thing. So Juan, which one of these items do you have?

I don't have any of the ones in the ad as i bought mine from a tiny lil' store in the Village some years back, but mine is an aerosol spray type deal. I like the soda ones, too. Buy a six pack from the store and put it in the fridge with the fake one. Make sure the fake one is in the back so if a chica wants to grab a soda she grabs a real one.

BTW ..... I think some of you are over-thinking this. If a chica is gonna start looking for shit in your room, she's looking for money/jewelry, etc. She's not gonna look twice at some can or bottle you've got. You've got to bring some awfully LOW rate chica into your place that would actually think of stealing a 60 peso can of hair spray, i would think.

Apos
04-19-2006, 09:58 PM
I don't have any of the ones in the ad as i bought mine from a tiny lil' store in the Village some years back, but mine is an aerosol spray type deal. I like the soda ones, too. Buy a six pack from the store and put it in the fridge with the fake one. Make sure the fake one is in the back so if a chica wants to grab a soda she grabs a real one.

BTW ..... I think some of you are over-thinking this. If a chica is gonna start looking for shit in your room, she's looking for money/jewelry, etc. She's not gonna look twice at some can or bottle you've got. You've got to bring some awfully LOW rate chica into your place that would actually think of stealing a 60 peso can of hair spray, i would think.

hey! not ALL of mine are low rent but thay almost all wan toothpaste, wash cloths, tshirts, condoms, etc...:rolleyes:

HAIRSPRAY?????:eek:

guess i'd need more hair for that:D

ilikenyacional
04-19-2006, 10:07 PM

Fuck, I've had some very low rate then... One even took my toothbrush ! After many times having to search small things like pen, lighter, aspirin,etc and not finding them, I made it a point to put everything back in my suitcase after use. Never lost anything since then !

Don't trust nobody down there, even if you think she's your friend or she have class. They don't think like us.

JuanElGriego
04-19-2006, 10:14 PM
It looks like i'm giving them too much credit, eh?

Hey, i really appreciate youz setting me straight.

I guess i just haven't been around them enough to actually believe anyone but a cleptomaniac would steal stuff like, say, a pen.

It's better i'm learning this here though, than learning it the hard way. :thumbsup:

ilikenyacional
04-19-2006, 10:29 PM
It looks like i'm giving them too much credit, eh?

Hey, i really appreciate youz setting me straight.

I guess i just haven't been around them enough to actually believe anyone but a cleptomaniac would steal stuff like, say, a pen.

It's better i'm learning this here though, than learning it the hard way. :thumbsup:

I didn't believe it neither. I was like, I'm sure my toothbrush was there, or where the fuck I put my lighter. Since the day I put all my stuff at the same place, I never "lost" anything again.

LM
04-19-2006, 10:34 PM
I've lost little things also......camera was not little, but that's a different story...

But you know what I like....if a chica asks for someting like soap, toothpaste, etc. generally I'll give it to them, I always bring extra....

Next trip, I'll bring lots of little extras...I think they appreciate it....

Apos
04-19-2006, 10:36 PM
I've lost little things also......camera was not little, but that's a different story...

But you know what I like....if a chica asks for someting like soap, toothpaste, etc. generally I'll give it to them, I always bring extra....

Next trip, I'll bring lots of little extras...I think they appreciate it....

they do, infact i had to guys i know asking me to bring them stuff next trip...times are hard there. looks like i'll be buying another duffle to fill and take there and leave again...my 3rd:o

ilikenyacional
04-19-2006, 10:42 PM
they do, infact i had to guys i know asking me to bring them stuff next trip...times are hard there. looks like i'll be buying another duffle to fill and take there and leave again...my 3rd:o

Yeah, and the good stuff is pricy there. For normal price, they can buy shitty soap, shampoo, etc. Imported stuff is expensive for them.

I always leave all these things before I left: Aspirin, band-aid, q-tip, razor, air spray, etc. They always like it and you have more space for rum and cig !

Apos
04-19-2006, 10:46 PM
Yeah, and the good stuff is pricy there. For normal price, they can buy shitty soap, shampoo, etc. Imported stuff is expensive for them.

I always leave all these things before I left: Aspirin, band-aid, q-tip, razor, air spray, etc. They always like it and you have more space for rum and cig ! every other trip or so i take orders from friends and buy a cheap dufflebag. fil it and give it away...well last trip i sold it but it was really nice, with wheels.:rolleyes:

things are so hard for so many that i may have to try it more often but it's a hassle. i really prefer carryon only but...for friends...anything!

some guys will try and get stuff for these gifts but i give them to people that really are having a hard time...for the chicas....$$$ will do just fine:)

weyland
04-20-2006, 05:38 PM
... but mine is an aerosol spray ...

So is Learningman's. And for additional security he hides it up his ass whenever he is entertaining a chica in his room. He never told us the whole truth for security reasons. Elizabeth wasn't trying to get it up his ass. She was trying to get it out!

LM
04-20-2006, 09:20 PM
So is Learningman's. And for additional security he hides it up his ass whenever he is entertaining a chica in his room. He never told us the whole truth for security reasons. Elizabeth wasn't trying to get it up his ass. She was trying to get it out!

Gee Weyland, now youv'e given away my secret....where am I going to hide my money now...it was pretty secure till now:rolleyes:

ilikenyacional
04-20-2006, 09:45 PM
Gee Weyland, now youv'e given away my secret....where am I going to hide my money now...it was pretty secure till now:rolleyes:

Maybe you can put a Radio Shack's alarm up there.

LM
04-20-2006, 09:52 PM
Maybe you can put a Radio Shack's alarm up there.

People tell me that my ass makes enough noise now........;)

JD
04-21-2006, 12:59 AM

SSsh! (Thread jack in progress)

Weyland,

At first I wasn't into your new avatar because it is sideways.
Now I am enjoying it.

JD

weyland
04-21-2006, 03:20 AM
Weyland,
At first I wasn't into your new avatar because it is sideways.
Now I am enjoying it.
JD

It's not so distinctive, and it's not about me like the previous one, it's just an unselfish contribution to promoting the career of Yossi the Mute.

ErikS
04-21-2006, 09:36 AM
It's not so distinctive, and it's not about me like the previous one, it's just an unselfish contribution to promoting the career of Yossi the Mute.

And a very Happy 80th Birthday to Elizibeth II. :clap: :clap2:

God Save the Queen! :D