PDA

View Full Version : Staying at Europa

SOSUAJOE
02-28-2008, 09:12 PM
HELP.....Sorry this is not about Trade Winds but i DON'T KNOW HOW TO START A POST AND I need to know if anyone has stayed at Europe in the past 2 years(was last time i stayed there). i'm going down on short notice next week. got a room at NG for the first 2 days. After that everyone(NG and Cayena) is booked except Europe. So i made a reservation at Europe to be safe with no worries. I can always cancel if i get some good advice..thanks in advance

LM
02-28-2008, 09:17 PM
SousaJoe...made a thread for ya..

ChicaSeeka
02-28-2008, 09:27 PM
HELP.....Sorry this is not about Trade Winds but i DON'T KNOW HOW TO START A POST AND I need to know if anyone has stayed at Europe in the past 2 years(was last time i stayed there). i'm going down on short notice next week. got a room at NG for the first 2 days. After that everyone(NG and Cayena) is booked except Europe. So i made a reservation at Europe to be safe with no worries. I can always cancel if i get some good advice..thanks in advance

how's the back ??? recovered ???

Revolutionrock77
02-28-2008, 09:35 PM
SOSUAJOE:

I stayed at the Europa for a few days this summer. I was very happy. The beds were really big and comfortable and the AC was kicking. The room was clean and the water in the shower was hot and had good pressure.

That's all it takes to make me happy.

Some rooms may be better than others, so be sure to check the room out and ask for a new one if you see a problem.

Jimbo44
02-28-2008, 09:45 PM
Never stayed there, ate and drank there, but that was b4 they shut down the restaurant and bar last yr. There must be a reason that the NG and CC are booked ant Europa is not!!

Hemp
02-28-2008, 09:52 PM
Europa is just a "last resort" type of place these days...

Never stayed there, ate and drank there, but that was b4 they shut down the restaurant and bar last yr. There must be a reason that the NG and CC are booked ant Europa is not!!

Dick Dawson
02-28-2008, 10:04 PM
And for future reference, look for this button in each forum when you want to post a new thread:

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/images/buttons/newthread.gif

Revolutionrock77
02-28-2008, 10:04 PM

I stayed at both the New Garden and the Europa. Both were good, but honestly I'd have to say that the Europa was a lot more comfortable in terms of a good bed and AC power. I understand that this is not the popular opinion on ISOC, just my experience.

If there were a lot of guys from this board, I might have preferred NG, but when I was there I think I was just about the only U.S. guy there, mostly Italian guys which is cool. I made a few attempts to get friendly, but everyone pretty much kept to themselves. Like I said rooms at the NG were good, and the pool at NG was nicer (better maintained) than Europa's.

Also, in a previous post I mentioned an incident at the Europa where the receptionist returned my wallet to me after I left i on the counter during check out. . .the wallet had all the $$ that was originally inside it.

If I am in SOsua and ISOC is there in full force at NG, I will try to return to NG.

But, for my return trip in March I'll stay the Europa. In my opinion, it is second only to Black Beards in terms of comfort.

Jimbo44
02-28-2008, 10:16 PM
Beginning March 11, and for the following 2 weeks after, there will be 14 to 20 guys down there, and most staying at the NG.

agua chico
02-28-2008, 10:18 PM
I like the rooms in Europa because of the size. I can't stand small rooms. Rock Revolution's description is on point. I'll be there again for the 5th time on March 11.

SOSUAJOE
02-28-2008, 11:46 PM
Thank you..i stayed at Europa for 6-7 years straight,before moving on..loved the place but what made me move on was 1 trip i arrive in a taxi, did't even get my luggage out of the car and a kid asked me for 100 pesos..before it was just pesos but this time a fixed amount(100). and the guy i met on the plane and shared a taxi, gave the kid 5 dollars(US)..i schooled him and he told me that is how he rolls...funny...newbee...after that every kid in Sosua was in the hotel..bad.. but guy from taxi thought it was cool...i guess he felt rich that week.....that was my last stay in Europa..After that Diego comfronted me because i told the story to a few and it got back to him but by the the time he heard it ,it was (of course) something different so i had to explain myself...i'M GLAD TO HEAR IT'S STILL GOOD....Fyi...i think its for sale..there #"s changed so had to go online and was send to a real estate site...back in 1999 was for sale for 700,000.(us).. i didn't buy because was my first trip to DR.......now i don't know how much , but it will take alot of (p r )to get it back to the statis it had before...old timers know what i mean..............Europa was the only place to stay for a monger in the day..............

SOSUAJOE
02-28-2008, 11:52 PM
and Joanna and Judy (work the desk)are so cool....Diego is cool too when you get to know him and set him straight..but he will retire by the end of the year so he said.................

SOSUAJOE
02-29-2008, 12:08 AM
And for future reference, look for this button in each forum when you want to post a new thread:

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/images/buttons/newthread.gif
looked but didn't see...but still new...so will learn:rolleyes:

SOSUAJOE
02-29-2008, 12:20 AM
last statement..............., NG and Cayenna are better places to stay solely for location.yes staff is cool ,,,rooms are cool but all-in-all .not much better except since business is slow in Europa service and maintance is no up to par...there all good but between my referral and ISOC .it's hard to get a room now in NG and Cayenna...but don't get much thanks,,,thanks to us......is that good or bad....? Jimmy needs to do his famous hotel search one more time.....only my opinion.........ok, now you guys can commnt hard..i'm ready, lets go

Bug Boy
02-29-2008, 04:58 AM
Thank you..i stayed at Europa for 6-7 years straight,before moving on..loved the place but what made me move on was 1 trip i arrive in a taxi, did't even get my luggage out of the car and a kid asked me for 100 pesos..before it was just pesos but this time a fixed amount(100). and the guy i met on the plane and shared a taxi, gave the kid 5 dollars(US)..i schooled him and he told me that is how he rolls...funny...newbee...after that every kid in Sosua was in the hotel..bad.. but guy from taxi thought it was cool...i guess he felt rich that week.....that was my last stay in Europa..After that Diego comfronted me because i told the story to a few and it got back to him but by the the time he heard it ,it was (of course) something different so i had to explain myself...i'M GLAD TO HEAR IT'S STILL GOOD....Fyi...i think its for sale..there #"s changed so had to go online and was send to a real estate site...back in 1999 was for sale for 700,000.(us).. i didn't buy because was my first trip to DR.......now i don't know how much , but it will take alot of (p r )to get it back to the statis it had before...old timers know what i mean..............Europa was the only place to stay for a monger in the day..............

$1.1 mil. US

Just saw it on one of the realitor sites the other day.

Jimmydr
02-29-2008, 07:44 AM
last statement..............., NG and Cayenna are better places to stay solely for location.yes staff is cool ,,,rooms are cool but all-in-all .not much better except since business is slow in Europa service and maintance is no up to par...there all good but between my referral and ISOC .it's hard to get a room now in NG and Cayenna...but don't get much thanks,,,thanks to us......is that good or bad....? Jimmy needs to do his famous hotel search one more time.....only my opinion.........ok, now you guys can commnt hard..i'm ready, lets go

What do you mean by that?

Jimmydr
02-29-2008, 07:45 AM
In 1997 the Europa was THe Place to stay in Sosua. It was the King back then.

Magnum
02-29-2008, 08:24 AM
In 1997 the Europa was THe Place to stay in Sosua. It was the King back then.

As late as 2003/2004.....

Beads
02-29-2008, 07:21 PM
There are plenty of other options if the Europa is too busy in the middle of the action. Try the condos (palms/tradewinds/casa manana) up on the hill just before the car wash in the caribe campo complex. Should be able to get a room at one of those 3.

eastcoastallstar
02-29-2008, 08:32 PM
I have stayed the Europa it was cool. Room 107 was great. Not the lap of luxury but good enough. NG is cool too , next time I'll be staying at the Waterfront.

Beads
03-01-2008, 01:00 PM
One thing I do remember people saying about the Europa is to fully inspect the room before taking it. When you check ask to see your room before paying for it. Test the AC water etc and anything else that you can before getting your room. If something is wrong ask for another room.

I remember distinctly being told some rooms are quite a bit better than others as far as working AC etc. This would more than likely explain the mixed reviews over the past year.