PDA

View Full Version : Supplies are needed!

Jimmydr
08-31-2004, 11:17 AM
For those interested, the school where I put my Novias kids is setting up a foundation (Tax Deductible) to let poor kids attend. They also need school supplies and kiddie medicine, such as asprin and band aids. Anyone interested can drop these things off at El Botin and they will run the stuff over there.

I will see if maybe there can be a board of gringos and if their once a year meeting can be tax deductible, I.E. Airfare. :D

Don Tomas
08-31-2004, 11:46 AM
For those interested, the school where I put my Novias kids is setting up a foundation (Tax Deductible) to let poor kids attend. They also need school supplies and kiddie medicine, such as asprin and band aids. Anyone interested can drop these things off at El Botin and they will run the stuff over there.

I will see if maybe there can be a board of gringos and if their once a year meeting can be tax deductible, I.E. Airfare. :D

I thought the IRS allows two board meetings a year? Either way sounds like a plan to me!

Jimmydr
08-31-2004, 11:57 AM
Once they get going, we can get going. :D

BrooklynBeas
08-31-2004, 01:27 PM
Its funny you brought this up because my friend was talking to me about bringing some school supplies down because he recently stumbled upon a good deal on some shit... a free trip would be great being he ... well we were thinking of doing it... this time was going to be for the kids or the chicas who have kids that we know...

guttaman
09-17-2004, 12:31 AM
James, will the airlines allow a free extra bag if it has school supplies. I do volenteer work at a girls catholic high school ( PLEASE NO SEXUAL JOKES ) I am a weekend janitor for my aunt the nuns school. I am not sure how to aproach her about school donations. Should i say, this punta i see has 7 kids and needs chalk to write a sign too sell her sister?

Jimmydr
09-17-2004, 11:46 AM
James, will the airlines allow a free extra bag if it has school supplies. I do volenteer work at a girls catholic high school ( PLEASE NO SEXUAL JOKES ) I am a weekend janitor for my aunt the nuns school. I am not sure how to aproach her about school donations. Should i say, this punta i see has 7 kids and needs chalk to write a sign too sell her sister?

How about your friend girl in DR needs.......

nomad
09-20-2004, 10:36 PM
I just got back and it's funny you are talking about school supplies,because I brought about 8 kids to the supermarket on my last day and bought them all notebooks and pens.Henry,who is one of the shoeshine boys that hangs outside of the Europa asked me to buy it for him and next thing I know i have 8 kids following to the supermarket.But I did'nt mind at all because they were all very thankful and how can you turn a kid down on school supplies.

Jimmydr
09-21-2004, 08:07 AM
I just got back and it's funny you are talking about school supplies,because I brought about 8 kids to the supermarket on my last day and bought them all notebooks and pens.Henry,who is one of the shoeshine boys that hangs outside of the Europa asked me to buy it for him and next thing I know i have 8 kids following to the supermarket.But I did'nt mind at all because they were all very thankful and how can you turn a kid down on school supplies.

You are a good man. Those items will get used 110% if not more.

BrooklynBeas
09-21-2004, 08:27 AM
Thats the least we can do after fucking their moms/sisters/aunts/grandmothers haha... my friend had a full suitcase of school supplies but our trip got cancelled... sorry kids :cry:

gdogg
09-21-2004, 08:44 AM
There is a SAINT among us. Good job, Beas...you inspire us all!
:!:

BrooklynBeas
09-21-2004, 09:14 AM
all evil people have some kinda good trait about them ... heh im not evil but i have done some bad things according to regular society... in the future these kids will be giving me freebees with their chicas when they are no longer school kids and they are chulos...

gdogg
09-21-2004, 09:25 AM
Oh damn! The dreaded angle. You don't fool me, Beas...or should I say Saint Beas. That sounds better than Brooklyn Stanley!
:lol:

WSJ3
09-21-2004, 11:01 AM
Hey this isn't a soup kitchen. Let them eat cake for all I care.

If the chicas is chulo friendly then she can get the school supplies.

Pay for Play baby.

Apos
09-21-2004, 08:27 PM
http://www.puerto-plata.org/sosuakids-en.html

Perhaps instead of trying to bring school supplies with you just go visit Barb at the Britannia Pub and slide he $$$ for the kids. If I remember correctly about $50 will keep a child in school for a year.

That being said i liked the sound of your "Pied Piper" play!

Jimmydr
09-21-2004, 08:30 PM
School is 500 pesos a month, plus 2 or 3 uniforms.

WSJ3
09-21-2004, 08:52 PM
School is 500 pesos a month, plus 2 or 3 uniforms.

JimmyDR for SaintHood.

UnMEnXTC
09-22-2004, 08:23 AM
I've already got a pile of school supplies ready to pack to take with me!

psriches
10-27-2004, 05:19 PM
Hopefully it's a school that lasts longer than the 4 hours I saw the kids going for. What can you learn in 4 hours? Minus gym, lunch etc.......

Black Ghost
10-27-2004, 07:09 PM
Hopefully it's a school that lasts longer than the 4 hours I saw the kids going for. What can you learn in 4 hours? Minus gym, lunch etc.......

How to Hustle Gringos 101... :wink:

Jimmydr
10-28-2004, 07:51 AM

My stepkids go from 7:45 am to 3:00 pm. They are learning to be gringos. :D

Jimmydr
10-28-2004, 07:52 AM

They have been givin out. The teachers that earn $150 a month really liked those mechanical pencils.

continentalmike
10-28-2004, 08:23 AM

They have been givin out. The teachers that earn $150 a month really liked those mechanical pencils.

School lasts 4 hours, but takes two shifts. Pay for a teacher is RD$ 3,600 per month for a 4 hour shift, RD$ 7,200 for two shifts.

In real money at 30:1; US$ 120 to US$ 240.. what we make a day to what we make in 2 days..

UnMEnXTC
10-28-2004, 08:58 AM
Thanks for giving them out Jimmy! I knew you would know the schools that needed them the most!

Mik

Reel Deal
10-28-2004, 09:09 AM
Thanks for giving them out Jimmy! I knew you would know the schools that needed them the most!

MikHey, guy!!! I enjoyed meeting you in Sosua! :D

Don Tomas
10-28-2004, 10:24 AM
School lasts 4 hours, but takes two shifts.

I was told school was three shifts because I inquired about it when I saw students (K-8) getting out of school at 10pm.

Reel Deal
10-28-2004, 10:28 AM

I was told school was three shifts because I inquired about it when I saw students (K-8) getting out of school at 10pm.That was funny!!!! DT and I are sitting in the restaurant next to the Military compound, eating pizza (without tomato sauce :shock: ) at 10pm, and kids in school uniforms come out of a school.

I thought..."This ain't Kansas..."

jd_mine
10-28-2004, 10:30 AM
Yeah, it's three shifts. A girl I met last time went at night, like 7-10 pm.
Apparently according to your age you go at a certain time....

UnMEnXTC
10-28-2004, 12:07 PM
Same here RD, enjoyed meeting u n Don.

Oh BB 2

continentalmike
10-28-2004, 12:30 PM

I was told school was three shifts because I inquired about it when I saw students (K-8) getting out of school at 10pm.

You could be right.. I don't know but this was what my gf told me she is a teacher herself, maybe her school had only two shifts :?

gdogg
10-28-2004, 07:34 PM
Yeah, it's three shifts. A girl I met last time went at night, like 7-10 pm.
Apparently according to your age you go at a certain time....

Um...JD? How old was this girl?
:shock:

jd_mine
10-29-2004, 04:24 AM
That scared me too, but I saw the cedula. Turned 18 in March. Even took a picture of it and looked the number up on the internet. She showed up there too.
Doesn't matter really since I didn't fuck her. This was one of the ones who didn't give in easily and I had to leave so I didn't get enough time.

continentalmike
10-29-2004, 04:48 AM
That scared me too, but I saw the cedula. Turned 18 in March. Even took a picture of it and looked the number up on the internet. She showed up there too.
Doesn't matter really since I didn't fuck her. This was one of the ones who didn't give in easily and I had to leave so I didn't get enough time.

Again acc to the gf, the children don't pass through school all at the same time.. so it is quit normal to have different ages in a class of the same level.. 18yo going to school is not very common but does happen..

Jimmydr
10-29-2004, 11:56 AM

Again acc to the gf, the children don't pass through school all at the same time.. so it is quit normal to have different ages in a class of the same level.. 18yo going to school is not very common but does happen..

Night school is 18-24. I have met many in their twenties.

WSJ3
10-29-2004, 12:11 PM
Night school is 18-24. I have met many in their twenties.

I boned one this last trip...

Tee Hee

gdogg
10-29-2004, 07:09 PM

That's fine. I just had this horrible visual of you scouting the local elementary school. I feel a LOT better now! Carry on.
:arrow:

guttaman
11-09-2004, 09:09 PM
Jimmy, are you working on that US non-profit tax ID #. If get it then we are talking about 1) Getting some donations from mongers. 2) Use money P.O. Box, Letter heads and postal. Send letters to many catholic schools looking for sister schools and so on . The people of KIEV USSR are doing this all over the US. Getting bottle drives, church collections, bake sales etc. My friend Donna does this for a school in the Boston area and they send over 5 grand a year to schools in Kiev. They also raise enough cash to get kids in need of operations flown over and doctors and hospitals to do operations free. A few people on a mission can accomplish a shit load.