PDA

View Full Version : Airport Transportation - Santiago and Puerto Plata 2008

luv2party2
03-01-2008, 06:44 PM
I wanted to start a new thread with information about Airport Transportation to/from Sosua from Santiago and Puerto Plata

I need transportation from Santiago to Sosua , if any suggestions, they'd be appreciated, the most recent post is from 2006

Ciao

the_Jayman
03-01-2008, 07:22 PM
Call Stratton Limousine Service . . . Santiago to Sosua in just under 9 hours ! ! !

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/334447c9f30df3332.jpg

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/33444723f1509e1f6.jpg

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Beads
03-02-2008, 02:13 PM
Good god that was a long ride! 4 hrs into the ride and we hadn't even left Santiago yet!

yourmomma999
03-02-2008, 06:04 PM
IF YOU TAKE A CAB it should be between $70 to $100 from santiago to Puerto Plata or Sosua. From POP to Sosua it should be $20 but some try $25 -28. DO not let the cab drivers overcharge you because if you were Dominican or with a Dominican they would charge you 500 pesos to go from POP airport, ot Puerto Plata (city) to Sosua. Your best bet is once you get to Sosua go away from the main Sosua Cabarete Taxi stand towards Supermercado Playero - the big supermarket, and to the corner where the locals get taxis. Use them and get to know a couple and get their phone numbers. Then in the future call them to pick you up at airport and take you around. It is much cheaper that way. Any questions, PM me. Sometimes it is still cheaper to use AA and fly to Santiago even with having to pay for a taxi to POP or Sosua. AA flys to Santiago from JFK, Jet blue POP from JFK. Continental direct from Newark. Santiago can be 45 minutes to 2 hours trip depending on weather, HEAVY RAIN, traffic, what roads cabbie uses.

ajax718
03-02-2008, 06:14 PM
For prices of $70-$100, you can just rent a car for the day from the airports at $35 plus gas and taxi from POP to Sosua. Rent it at STI airport and drop it off the next day at POP airport. If you are traveling with friends, then split the cost. Also, you will then have a car for the first day of traveling around checking out Sosua

apatheist
04-01-2008, 04:30 PM
Are there any recommendations/contacts for cabs that i can take from STI to Sosua. The bus is cheap but takes FOREVER!!! I am looking at going down in May for Memorial Day weekend (flying in from MIA). The prices to go to POP are 2x what they are going to STI. I already have one buddy I am going with and a taxi seems to be the best idea.

Jimmydr
04-01-2008, 04:31 PM
Are there any recommendations/contacts for cabs that i can take from STI to Sosua. The bus is cheap but takes FOREVER!!! I am looking at going down in May for Memorial Day weekend (flying in from MIA). The prices to go to POP are 2x what they are going to STI. I already have one buddy I am going with and a taxi seems to be the best idea.

Its priced fixed so grab any guy and just verify the rate.

Cman
04-02-2008, 02:13 AM
What ever happen to Jesus from the palace days?