View Full Version : For sale WTF

guttaman
03-09-2008, 11:00 AM
This place just opened. Amazing:

http://london.craigslist.co.uk/bfs/588555661.html

http://toronto.craigslist.ca/tor/bfs/596183175.html

Revolutionrock77
03-09-2008, 11:28 AM
Someone on this board or DR 1 said that most expat businesses in Sosua are always for sale at the right price. In other words, people operate businesses, but will always consider getting out at the right price at the right time.

There are also lots of people who create a nice bar or restaurant from a run down spot with the intention of immediately selling it at a profit as a turn key operation. They move on to next underdeveloped location and repeat the process.

Maybe one of these scenarios is what's going on here.

I am planning to visit this place if it's still around in late March.

MisterPink
03-09-2008, 11:32 AM
There is no way they do USD$22,000/month in sales.
The rent is also an issue @ close to $US1000.

drdreamer
03-09-2008, 11:39 AM
$4000 profit after owners salaries are paid?

guttaman
03-09-2008, 11:46 AM
Someone on this board or DR 1 said that most expat businesses in Sosua are always for sale at the right price. In other words, people operate businesses, but will always consider getting out at the right price at the right time.

There are also lots of people who create a nice bar or restaurant from a run down spot with the intention of immediately selling it at a profit as a turn key operation. They move on to next underdeveloped location and repeat the process.

Maybe one of these scenarios is what's going on here.

I am planning to visit this place if it's still around in late March.

Very true. But in a restaurant buyers want to see year to year #'s. Not 2 months worth. Especially when the new restaurant novelty runs out and slow season hits.

PapiQueRico
03-09-2008, 01:21 PM
I want to buy the one on the Toronto ad. That one is making a 28% profit and the London one is onl making a 25% profit. :)

MisterPink
03-09-2008, 01:26 PM
I want to buy the one on the Toronto ad. That one is making a 28% profit and the London one is onl making a 25% profit. :)

Freddie only wants $99 in Toronto!

ajax718
03-09-2008, 02:58 PM
Sounds like they are trying to sell the place to someone who does not know how business really is in Sosua. It doesn't sound realistic they are taking home $4000 every month, and will continue to do so consistantly.

Notice how the add doesn't mention the high cost of doing business in DR, such as paying off right people, cost of gas, etc.

whynotme
03-09-2008, 03:00 PM
Freddie only wants $99 in Toronto!

thats cause the canadian dollar is so valuable these days:rofl: :D ;)

3somefan
03-09-2008, 06:05 PM
Wow!

I can't believe that this place is already for sale!! I was staying next store at Rocky's and must have went by it 10 times a day, of those times, I would say that at least half of the time, the place was pretty full!

Hemp
03-14-2008, 08:39 AM
the place def. has steady business...they know what there doing!

they have the cleanest bathrooms on the strip.

Wow!

I can't believe that this place is already for sale!! I was staying next store at Rocky's and must have went by it 10 times a day, of those times, I would say that at least half of the time, the place was pretty full!