PDA

View Full Version : Hotel Aloha Sol

NOWesternUnion
03-10-2008, 05:39 PM
Has anyone stayed at Hotel Aloha Sol in the last year? I need to know if there going to bust my balls if i bring a chica back and if its clean and have lock boxes? If anyone can help or have a better hotel in mind please get back to me ASAP. Thank you

Elvis
03-10-2008, 05:45 PM
Has anyone stayed at Hotel Aloha Sol in the last year? I need to know if there going to bust my balls if i bring a chica back and if its clean and have lock boxes? If anyone can help or have a better hotel in mind please get back to me ASAP. Thank you

No, they won't bust your balls for bringing back chicas to your room !

Yes, they have safes inside the rooms !

Aloha Sol is a great hotel ! Stay there..

eastcoastallstar
03-10-2008, 05:54 PM
I concur. Right in the middle of town. Its clean, no drama with chicas, and the free breakfast is off the chain.

TropicBob
03-10-2008, 06:07 PM
Was there for two nights five weeks ago. No problem, they didn't even collect my chica's cedula when we came in...locked boxes, A/C, TV and a mini bar with a snack basket..........but ask for an outside room if you want to see daylight (I had an inner room with no windowds, left me claustrophic)

NOWesternUnion
03-10-2008, 07:18 PM
http://www.alohasol.com/alojamiento.html

Thats teh hotel web page it has some pictures and the phone number. after my tripp i will post pictures of the rooms and my exprience there.

elsucio
03-10-2008, 08:12 PM
Was also there last month, no problem with chicas, clean but somewhat small rooms, safes you use a creditcard to open(never seen that before) and good location. Paid $RD1799 per night.

Jimmydr
03-10-2008, 08:21 PM
hate to give the advise that I am about to but the answer really is simple . . . . READ READ READ ! ! !

and if it's DR Mongering info you came looking for then you came to the right place. Grab some of the current trip reports (EricS has some AWSOME current info) and start reading.

Hopefully you ponyed up the couple of bucks that JimmyDR needs to help pay for bandwidth because all the good stuff is in the Picture section.

Hotels like BlackBeards? ? ? No and I'm glad . . . I used to love them but they have too many rules and are just WAY to expensive . . . the most popular ISOC hotel is currently New Garden but we change hotels as often as most people change their sheets . . .

Sosua's a great town for Knuckleheads and I can't wait to get back . . .

Welcome . . . keep reading and stay active . . . a good bunch of idiots on this website ! ! !

continentalmike
03-14-2008, 04:31 AM
Aloha Sol is a good hotel..

Chica friendly as long as you don't have a big party in your room.

Rates are better during the weekend, check on the specials..

Breakfast is good and location is great, three blocks down from the monument on Santiago's main street Calle Sol

Tony Toca
03-14-2008, 06:29 AM
hate to give the advise that I am about to but the answer really is simple . . . . READ READ READ ! ! !

and if it's DR Mongering info you came looking for then you came to the right place. Grab some of the current trip reports (EricS has some AWSOME current info) and start reading.

Hopefully you ponyed up the couple of bucks that JimmyDR needs to help pay for bandwidth because all the good stuff is in the Picture section.

Hotels like BlackBeards? ? ? No and I'm glad . . . I used to love them but they have too many rules and are just WAY to expensive . . . the most popular ISOC hotel is currently New Garden but we change hotels as often as most people change their sheets . . .

Sosua's a great town for Knuckleheads and I can't wait to get back . . .

Welcome . . . keep reading and stay active . . . a good bunch of idiots on this website ! ! !

Really? Why the change of heart?

Jimmydr
03-14-2008, 07:22 AM
Really? Why the change of heart?

Jayman wrote this and I posted it as a greeting.

blacksultan
03-17-2008, 01:15 PM

Nice hotel and clean rooms. Service was good. I stayed there last Memorial Day. But I felt the food could have been better and would not order from the restaurant again.

vagabond
03-17-2008, 04:48 PM
I always stay there when I'm in Santiago. The rooms is a bit small, but clean and okay. I think the best, is the location, couldn't be any better.

Cuba Libre
03-17-2008, 05:00 PM
Was also there last month, no problem with chicas, clean but somewhat small rooms, safes you use a creditcard to open(never seen that before) and good location. Paid $RD1799 per night.That's a good price. Did that include the taxes?

El Capitan
03-17-2008, 05:57 PM

Had an STI gal pal recommend Hotel Platino today....anybody been there?

www.hotelplatinord.com

Jimmydr
03-17-2008, 06:01 PM

www.hotelplatinord.com (http://www.hotelplatinord.com)

Its an okay hotel, but a bit pricy.

Cuba Libre
03-17-2008, 06:14 PM

www.hotelplatinord.comI like it.

It's not as close to the Monument as the Aloha Sol, but the rooms are less expensive. Ask if they have any weekend specials, or tell then you are in town for a corporate meeting adn ask for a corporate rate.

Their standard room is really tiny, I would get the next size up.

Cuba Libre
03-17-2008, 06:15 PM
Its an okay hotel, but a bit pricy. think it's less expensive than the Aloha Sol.

elsucio
03-17-2008, 06:19 PM
That's a good price. Did that include the taxes?

Yes it did, need to mention though that old favorite of mine from Santiago called and made reservation for me, I believe there website quotes a different price.

Cuba Libre
03-17-2008, 08:44 PM
Yes it did, need to mention though that old favorite of mine from Santiago called and made reservation for me, I believe there website quotes a different price.It pays to have a Santiaguera make the reservation for you. I've found there are many hotels that have a reduced rate for locals. Camp Davids rate is half price for locals.

continentalmike
03-18-2008, 02:42 AM
Platino might refuse you if you're an obvious monger

It is a smallish middle class business hotel. You can go there with your gf, but cannot bring a lot of girls in. I would recommend getting the luxury rooms, as they are bigger. Have a local call to make the reservation.

I like the place and usually stay there when I'm in Santiago.