All Blog Entries

1. 11/2014 - Camaro es un pensianado

Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillie View Post
    BTW these 'touts' hang around every govt. office from drivers licence to the tax office.

Many times it is wise to utilize them as they can go to the head of the lines and get things done quickly for a few pesos.

I used a guy at the DGA tax office to get my 'plan piloto' clearance for a vehicle transfer. 500 pesos and saved me 2 trips to Santiago (3,000 peso in gas alone) and all done in a day.

A friend also got his police background check in less
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. 04/2015 - Moca residents removing Haitians forcefully

Quote Originally Posted by greydread View Post
    The same things most of us love about the D.R. most of us dislike about the D.R., the simplicity of being in a place where almost any personal interaction can be sweetened through the time honored tradition of propina also challenges our sensitivities when the poor turn on the poorer. Similar confrontations have occurred in each of our home countries as disenfranchised groups vie for the crumbs left by the owners of our respective societies and to their delight, we have acted with equal savagery
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. 02/2015 - Negril Jamaica

Quote Originally Posted by JDR View Post
    A Chica and his camera were never in the same room.
    Are you shocked?
    I gotta give credit where it's due. That trip and report went rxactly as you predicted. Either you're psychic or I haven't been paying attention all these years.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. 02/2015 - Negril Jamaica

A Chica and his camera were never in the same room.
    Are you shocked?
    I gotta give credit where it's due. That trip and report went rxactly as you predicted. Either you're psychic or I haven't been paying attention all these years.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. 12/2014 - trimming the bullshit

One trip? I've been a BC regular for years. Guys dont come any more regular than me. I have watched a few 20 somethings turn into 30 somethings and the 10 year old Dawtas from 8 years ago are all fair game now and their Mamis are over the hill.
    You are new to my Village

I was there when it was "Porkies".
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  6. 11/2014 - New overstay exit fees

I would be more inclined to rely on an actual government website for this information, rather than some obscure website which is probably tied to a self promoting real estate company. Some of the info on these sites is up to 10 years out of date.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  7. 11/2014 - New overstay exit fees

Quote Originally Posted by commander kirk View Post
    I would be more inclined to rely on an actual government website for this information, rather than some obscure website which is probably tied to a self promoting real estate company. Some of the info on these sites is up to 10 years out of date.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  8. Thoughts on Ray Rice situation

Quote Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
    Look at the video again. He spits in her face, slaps her when she objects, then knocks her out when she closes the three feet between them. I'm certain that someone who evades 250lb linebackers feared for his life when he was rushed by a 125lb female with a purse under her arm.

The gist of this conversation we're having is highlighting something I have always suspected. For whatever reason most mongers dont really like or respect women. Or, maybe it's that they secretly
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  9. Thoughts on Ray Rice situation

Quote Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
    Look at the video again. He spits in her face, slaps her when she objects, then knocks her out when she closes the three feet between them. I'm certain that someone who evades 250lb linebackers feared for his life when he was rushed by a 125lb female with a purse under her arm.

The gist of this conversation we're having is highlighting something I have always suspected. For whatever reason most mongers dont really like or respect women. Or, maybe it's that they secretly
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  10. 10/2010 Naptimes Seventh Trip

Quote Originally Posted by naptime View Post
    so after dinner, i figured i'd take asia out so she could see the strip. i thought she would be ready for sleep, as at this point, aside from the short nap at the airport and on the bus, we're now working on hour 39 .

but nope, she wants to see the strip and go to latino's.

so, we head over to latinos. she meets the barmaids there. we have a coke. i ran into julesia. one of my favorita haitianas. told her to meet me back at latinos in a few hours.

after
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast