• I.S.O.C. Subscriptions

We can now take credit cards (Visa, Mastercard and Discover)

• 3 Days is US$8.00
    • 1 Month is US$12.00
    • 3 Months is US$25.00
    • 6 Months is US$40
    • 1 Year is US$60
    • 2 Years is US$90
    • 3 Years is US$115
    • 5 Years is US$250

*1 year and longer Subscriptions include admission into Jimmy's private stash area!

E-mail JimmyDR at Jdrent97@gmail.com

You will need to provide:

• Name
    • Address including Zip
    • Credit Card Number
    • Expiration Date
    • Card Security Code
    • Website Handle
    • And which subscription you are interested in

Processing takes place after 6PM Eastern Time M-F and all day Sat & Sun

*Once processed, your status will change and you will have access.

Thank you,
    The Management
    This article was originally published in forum thread: I.S.O.C. Subscriptions started by Jimmydr View original post
    Comments 187 Comments
      BrooklynBeas -
      Quote Originally Posted by paublo View Post
      hi all, newbie here, I'm paublo
      I hope to make my first trip to DR in a couple of months
      this forum is huge! no idea where to start learning
      Start by buying a subscription so that you can read the trip reports posted by everyone... There is a lot to learn and alot of good reading in these reports... Oh yeah, most have some pictures of what you have when you get there...
      cheftronic -
      Hey I'm new to the forum, glad I found it! Its packed with info!
      So I'm embarking on my first trip to sosua in 7 days do you guys think my $150 a day budget is reasonable...I do plan on getting up on some chicas for sure, but I'm not hitting 3-5 a day probably just one..two at the most..Im not a crazy drinker either....how much a day american do you guys usually spend on food?
      whynotme -
      Quote Originally Posted by cheftronic View Post
      So I'm embarking on my first trip to sosua in 7 days do you guys think my $150 a day budget is reasonable...I do plan on getting up on some chicas for sure, but I'm not hitting 3-5 a day probably just one..two at the most..Im not a crazy drinker either....how much a day american do you guys usually spend on food?
      its all relative and up to you
      its your money you earned it so spend it how and when you want on what you want and have a great time

I have done $100/day trips and I have done $300/day trips but lately it seems like most of my trips tend to be closer to the $100/day range
      whynotme -
      ..how much a day american do you guys usually spend on food?
      every trip is different and it depends on if you have company or are flying solo and if you have a breakfast included option.

some trips when I have breakfast included I spent less than 10 bucks a day and other times even if I have that option but take a girl out for dinner I can easily spend closer to $100/day especially if you go to higher end restaurants and tourist areas so ymmv just take extra $$ and bring some home for the next trip
      tgunz -
      First trip I would go with a budget of 300 a day. Your going to be like a kid in a candy shop. If you drink you can go through that easy. I often do. I can also cut back and live on less than a hundred. All depends on how you roll.

High budget. Breakfast for two 600 pesos.

Day at beach 1500- 2000. Includes 2 lunches. About a dozen grandes, and a tip. Plus 1000 for beach chica.

Evening rhumbas. 1000 pesos drinking. Dinner 500 pesos . Rhumba chica 1500 pesos.

Classicos... 2000 pesos drinking. 3000 pesos chicas...

this is roughly a 250 dollar budget day and evening chica can be plus 500. Night chica can be plus a thousand.

This is a great newbie who likes to drink budget. This is not a "budget monger" spending guide. You will be 8th weekend warrior mode! Go get them!!

A cheap day. Keep chica from night before go to beach at noon. Eat 100 pesos plato del dia. 200 pesos. Drink a lot of water and a Pina colada. 1000 pesos. Fuck chica from night before. 1000 pesos. Plus dinner at Tony yaroa. 250 pesos for 2.
      Skip rhumba straight to classico. Small bottle 600 pesos. Early pull 2k. Call it a night..
      greydread -
      $150/day is very realistic. Most days you won't spend half that which leaves more for when you feel like splurging. At the end of your trip you will have enough "return" pesos for the airport transfer.
      weyland -
      ... do you guys think my $150 a day budget is reasonable?
      Is that after you have paid your hotel and transport? If so, very reasonable. But if hotel and transport are to come out of that it will limit you somewhat. You can still have a great time though.

Another issue is how much Spanish (or French if you are interested in coming over to the dark side) you speak. I had a visitor from England recently. Because he could not speak a work of either language he could not take advantage of cheaper options.

... how much a day american do you guys usually spend on food?
      I recommend you stop thinking in American and start thinking in pesos (reckon on 40 to the dollar to keep things easy). This will help you to avoid paying "rounded up" prices. So your question should have been "do you think my RD$6000 a day budget is reasonable?".

It's warm down here even in winter so you don't need to eat as much. You aren't burning calories to keep warm. If you have a big breakfast around 11am for 300 pesos and a dinner around 6.00pm for 700 pesos, that is 1000 a day (around US$25). Drinks extra.
      el toro -
      Some wise men above are giving you some good feedback to set expectations.

TGunz was giving you some big baller figures and I respect that because he just wants you to maximize your trip and fun.

$150 is a good baseline a day IMO. That should get you 2 ST sessions and a fair amount of food and drink.

I eat 4-5 timers a day in DR at 200-300 pesos per meal. That's $5-$8 US give or take. About 10 drinks per day can be had for about $40. Top shelf imported liquor will cost more.

My approach is:

Day time/beach - I walk with about $1000 pesos only and that covers several hours, food & drink til late afternoon/early evening.

Night - I usually roll with $2000 pesos, for drinks. That allows me to buy a round or two when with the fellas and treat a chica or two.

Chica money will vary.
      SeaWeed -
      wondering what Seville's monthly/daily living including sexing expenses are down to these days........under $2,000US a month? $2,500US? or over?
      el toro -
      Quote Originally Posted by SeaWeed View Post
      wondering what Seville's monthly/daily living including sexing expenses are down to these days........under $2,000US a month? $2,500US? or over?
      Seville is in a class of his own. I'm guess 300 pesos a day works for him. He trades chocha shaves for BJs, throw in a friendly tourist buying a drink or a meal or two and he's good. Just kidding. It's all love.
      BrooklynBeas -
      I dont believe we received a reply for the room and board yet... If it's already paid or if it's not and you plan on taking the money for that out of the "daily expense", this can be a big difference... Some places are as low as 30 some odd dollars a night and others can be 100 or more per night... So the opinions of those mentioned are mostly "not including your hotel/villa/condo fees...
      tgunz -
      Quote Originally Posted by el toro View Post
      Some wise men above are giving you some good feedback to set expectations.

TGunz was giving you some big baller figures and I respect that because he just wants you to maximize your trip and fun.

$150 is a good baseline a day IMO. That should get you 2 ST sessions and a fair amount of food and drink.

I eat 4-5 timers a day in DR at 200-300 pesos per meal. That's $5-$8 US give or take. About 10 drinks per day can be had for about $40. Top shelf imported liquor will cost more.

My approach is:

Day time/beach - I walk with about $1000 pesos only and that covers several hours, food & drink til late afternoon/early evening.

Night - I usually roll with $2000 pesos, for drinks. That allows me to buy a round or two when with the fellas and treat a chica or two.

Chica money will vary.
      Exactly my point. Nothing worst than seeing a broke newbie on their maiden voyage. When guys realize they can fuck 3-4 Chicas a day they tend to loose their mind at first. Then throw in newbie mistakes. I'm airing on the side of caution.
      tgunz -
      To the op, it's all going to depend on how you roll. Some guys here go out at night and buy bottles, and fuck girls who's asking price starts at 3000 pesos on the weekends for an all nighter. The other end of that spectrum is you may not drink and be happy with a 500 pesos blow job from a Haitian or two a day. It really all depends on you.
      Westy -
      My vote is for a bigger budget, or rather more money available "just in case." You can always bring money home.

When my last Sosua trip ended up with me in the hospital, I had to have cash to pay for it. Having the extra cash on hand made things so much easier. (Who posted the photo of the gurney at the Banco Popular ATM, a few weeks ago?)

More recently, I brought home $800 from my December trip to Thailand, and that was after going crazy and buying several hundred dollars' worth of jade jewelry at the duty-free shops in Beijing. It became the nucleus of my "cash stash" for my upcoming trip to Boca Chica in July. It's not like the stuff goes stale or anything.
      hugrad95a -
      Depends on how may days you gonna be there. 3 to 4 day.. Yep 300 dollars...
      distantvoyeur -
      Quote Originally Posted by hugrad95a View Post
      The more days you stay the lower the budget goes.

The first week I feel like the energizer bunny in heat. After that the pressure fades and the sessions become further apart.

For a 15 day trip i generally end up with an overall average of about $1500 after food and lodging, last trip was slightly lower. Getting older, more naps.
      greydread -
      Quote Originally Posted by hugrad95a View Post
      Length of stay is definitely a factor. The longer the stay, the less money per day. After hotel and transport it's all about how you feel like living. If a grande and a slice of pizza or a 2 piece is your idea of a good lunch then a buck fifty is plenty, especially uf your Ho's are of the 1k peso variety. Hanging with a bunch of wannabe debutantes and socialites and flossing like King Ding Ding will drive one's costs through the roof.

A long weekend trip will run a couple hundred a day but a two week trip for me is barely a hundred a day in M&IE. Then, I rarely do multiple Chica nights anymore. 1 sturdy Lass can get me through the night in my old age. 2 if she's got a Prima I like.
      JDR -
      Quote Originally Posted by greydread View Post
      Length of stay is definitely a factor. The longer the stay, the less money per day. After hotel and transport it's all about how you feel like living. If a grande and a slice of pizza or a 2 piece is your idea of a good lunch then a buck fifty is plenty, especially uf your Ho's are of the 1k peso variety. Hanging with a bunch of wannabe debutantes and socialites and flossing like King Ding Ding will drive one's costs through the roof.
      Should be less money.
      JD426 -
      Quote Originally Posted by distantvoyeur View Post
      The more days you stay the lower the budget goes.

The first week I feel like the energizer bunny in heat. After that the pressure fades and the sessions become further apart.

For a 15 day trip i generally end up with an overall average of about $1500 after food and lodging, last trip was slightly lower. Getting older, more naps.

Wait, so now were backing out all the FOOD as well from the projected daily budget..? as well as the Hotel.
      Why dont we deduct all booze, gatorade, water , and the whores as well , and we are down to $25 a day ..

just busting your chops..

but do we know yet if the Orig Poster was talking about AFTER Hotel expenses ? or total ..cuz $150 a day is really TIGHT for a first trip, imo..

Newbi should come with $300 for every day, this way he knows he wont run out, and will probably average out no lower than $200..
      He might want to Rent a Scooter or what have you, so thats another $ 25 - 40 + a day. to and from the airport, it all adds up.
      And I dont see Camarones on the list either.. u know thats a given..
      JDR -
      Quote Originally Posted by JD426 View Post

but do we know yet if the Orig Poster was talking about AFTER Hotel expenses ? or total ..cuz $150 a day is really TIGHT for a first trip, imo..
      Another one post wonder??