Thread: Metro

Thanks
    Thanked 4,495 Times in 1,330 Posts

Metro

I was told it's now open to the public, anyone know good stops for sights and/or chicas?

http://www.urbanrail.net/am/sdom/santo-domingo.htm

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BCell For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 11,007 Times in 3,410 Posts

Re: Metro

Quote Originally Posted by BCell View Post
    I was told it's now open to the public, anyone know good stops for sights and/or chicas?

http://www.urbanrail.net/am/sdom/santo-domingo.htm

Hey BCell

I have yet to take the metro.

But I enjoy Maximo Gomez. Tons of cute college girls hang out here.
    The United States Embassy is on Maximo Gomez as well as McDonalds (which is a great place to meet cute girls).

Maximo Gomez
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/for...ad.php?t=39621

A college campus on Maximo Gomez
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/for...ad.php?t=36818

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cheeno For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Hola BCell. Yes, the Metro is now open to the public. However, I have bad news for you. Like most other public ventures in Santo Domingo, the Metro is currently a "Goat Rope". I was lucky enough to be in Santo Domingo on February 27 for the Metro's initial run. The president of the country was at the controls. Then, back to the barn with "state of the art" trolly so they could finish the tracks! jajajajaja.

My girlfriend lives in Villa Mella. One of the Metro's stations is on her street. About two weeks ago she told me the city finally began running regular service. She and her sister waited about one week and decided that they would leave the car at home and use the Metro to go to the annual book fair in town. She told me they walked the one block to the station and to their horror, there were literally 1000 people waiting to get on to the train. This was at one stop! Determined to ride the Metro, they waited two hours just to get on. She said the car they rode in was so crowded that is was almost unbearable. As I sit here and write this thread, she is telling me the situation is the same. Hopefully, it is the newness of the Metro and things will calm down a little in the near future. Disclaimer: My report is based on information that pertains to Villa Mella only. It might be better in other parts of the city. But I doubt it.

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Vincent Vega For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,377 Times in 13,906 Posts

The metro hasn't been officially opened yet, but the gov't decided to let people use it for free during the "Feria del Libro", hence the thousands of people waiting to use it.

Once they have to pay a fare, it will be a little less crowded.

Even so, I have no doubt that it will be one of the premier locations to find girls, since it will be coming from Villa Mella, one of the poorer sections of the city, and with the highest concentration of residents.
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 117,702 Times in 19,855 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    The metro hasn't been officially opened yet, ........Once they have to pay a fare, it will be a little less crowded.

Even so, I have no doubt that it will be one of the premier locations to find girls, since it will be coming from Villa Mella, one of the poorer sections of the city, and with the highest concentration of residents.
    Have they yet determined the fee structure? Is there a subway map available on line somewhere? Have they established hours of operation?

Let's all chip in for Cheeno's airfare so we can get a World class pictoral going. I can see it now...."the ladies of Metro"....kinda takes the term "Metrosexual" to a new level, doesn't it?
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    - Benjamin Franklin

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,377 Times in 13,906 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by greydread View Post
    Have they yet determined the fee structure? Is there a subway map available on line somewhere? Have they established hours of operation?

Let's all chip in for Cheeno's airfare so we can get a World class pictoral going. I can see it now...."the ladies of Metro"....kinda takes the term "Metrosexual" to a new level, doesn't it?
    Funny you should ask!

Why yes, there are quite a few maps floating about, and this is one of the simpler ones, along with some recent photos of it in operation:
    http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show....php?p=3485964

and a pdf file with lots of info...

http://people.reed.edu/~reyn/metro_santo_domingo.pdf

The expected fare is to be 70 pesos, steep for transportation, by dominican standards.

The hours I'm not sure of, but I keep hearing from 6 am to 11 pm.

Metrosexual?? (groan)

You may have noticed that the link I posted was the same link that bcell posted in his OP. Plagurism at it's best. I stuck in the correct link.
    Last edited by MrHappy; 05-09-2008 at 02:28 PM. Reason: Posted wrong link.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,495 Times in 1,330 Posts

2 more weeks I was told

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wmarks345 View Post
    Hola BCell. Yes, the Metro is now open to the public. However, I have bad news for you. Like most other public ventures in Santo Domingo, the Metro is currently a "Goat Rope". I was lucky enough to be in Santo Domingo on February 27 for the Metro's initial run. The president of the country was at the controls. Then, back to the barn with "state of the art" trolly so they could finish the tracks! jajajajaja.

My girlfriend lives in Villa Mella. One of the Metro's stations is on her street. About two weeks ago she told me the city finally began running regular service. She and her sister waited about one week and decided that they would leave the car at home and use the Metro to go to the annual book fair in town. She told me they walked the one block to the station and to their horror, there were literally 1000 people waiting to get on to the train. This was at one stop! Determined to ride the Metro, they waited two hours just to get on. She said the car they rode in was so crowded that is was almost unbearable. As I sit here and write this thread, she is telling me the situation is the same. Hopefully, it is the newness of the Metro and things will calm down a little in the near future. Disclaimer: My report is based on information that pertains to Villa Mella only. It might be better in other parts of the city. But I doubt it.

Hmmmm, a train jammed full with cute chicas. Doesn't sound bad to me

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Bug Boy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,287 Times in 716 Posts

This was just on DR1.

Diandino: Metro to run for Xmas
    The director of Santo Domingo Metro, engineer Diandino Pena announced the first Santo Domingo Metro line will be in operation in Santo Domingo at the end of November or start of December. He said they are at present working on organizing bus feeder lines for the metro. In an interview with Listin Diario, he highlighted that the opening of tunnels allowed for the burying of city electricity lines, making this one of the little known benefits of the metro construction. Thousands of Dominicans tested the metro in April and early May during the National Book Fair.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KoKi9290 For This Useful Post:

Thread Information