Thread: Hotel Plaza Europa ?'s

Thanks
    Thanked 9,575 Times in 1,140 Posts

Hotel Plaza Europa ?'s

Again...Trying to find a new spot for this trip. The New Garden is completely booked and I am not feeling going up on the hill to the Palms or the Tradewinds.

I made an inquiry to the Plaza Europa for what they call their "guesthouse", which consists of a large studio apartment and a one bedroom apartment. They have offered a pretty good rate for my business.

I have walked by the place a thousand times, but have never been in the joint. For some of you that may have stayed there in the past or recently, give me the honest opinion? I do like the location, as I have been know to spend the afternoons bellied up at the 4 Roses with mattias and the girls...

So again...I request your 2 peso's worth of information if you can spare some change!

Holla at your boy...
    Ride it like you stole it!

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 50,505 Times in 13,124 Posts

Re: Hotel Plaza Europa ?'s

I stayed there in May 2005, so my info is dated. But the rooms were small, but I liked it better than the Europa itself. There was a mold problem and I got a lung infection staying there. It is more quiet and mostly families, although I never had a problem bringing any chicas back.

Thanks

Thats all I need to hear. I am going to head back to known territory...The Palms. I know I will be fine there !!!! Anyways my fat ass could use the walk!!
    Thanks Kevy.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,446 Times in 4,196 Posts

I would stay at Sea Breeze if you cant get a new garden room. Those 2 places seem like the top choices these days if you want to be in walking distance of everything. New Garden has the larger more modern rooms but Sea Breeze seems fine also especially if your on a tighter budget or don't have the option of a room at NG.

I spoke to a few guys staying at the Europa a few weeks ago and they said the place was about the same as it always has been. Lots of non working appliances, mildew and mold etc.

Last choice options are Casa Valeria ,The Romanoff, then up on the hill for Tradewinds, Palms , or Casa Manana.

I have heard recently the owner of Casa Manana was renting out rooms for $30-$40 a night. Guys name is Mike and hes from the states. His place is located just past the Tradewinds going up the hill but just before the Palms on the same side (left) if your walking up the hill. If your in town already and have noplace to go get in a carro publico or taxi and head up the hill and talk to him. Its out of town but still not too far.
    Jimmy owes me a dollar!

Thanks

I got booked at Sea Breeze, thanks to Cainer, who got it done for me in person, since their email response was a bit slow!

He came thru for a brother. NG where I have stayed previous visits was full, as I don't have the opportunity to plan way ahead.

Thanks for the skinny...

And again.. some one buy cainer a grande for me !!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Just notified by the Sea Breeze they were full at least mar 5 thru 9. They are really slow with there emails. Anybody got a contact to verify Sea Breeze is booked and not just confused? I need 3 rooms for me and my 2 buddies. Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

Check out the villa's. Just about everywhere in town is booked up. I have been checking. You can do a villa for the same price as 3 rooms. easy. Much nice accomodations as well.

Quote Originally Posted by daslme View Post
    Just notified by the Sea Breeze they were full at least mar 5 thru 9. They are really slow with there emails. Anybody got a contact to verify Sea Breeze is booked and not just confused? I need 3 rooms for me and my 2 buddies. Anyone got any ideas?

Hoseman is offline 11/27/2011-R.I.P. Derrick "Hoseman" Smith. Engine Co. #5 AkA "Smitty"
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,348 Times in 3,096 Posts

Try the Romanoff

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Hoseman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 31,542 Times in 5,678 Posts

Hotel El Colibri is a 2 minute walk from La Passion.

King size beds, AC, safe, cable tv.

It's 'chica-friendly' but they can't use the big pool on the grounds so it's not for late-night skinny dippings.

http://www.elcolibri.net/

Thanks
    Thanked 10,446 Times in 4,196 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JuanElGriego View Post
    Hotel El Colibri is a 2 minute walk from La Passion.

King size beds, AC, safe, cable tv.

It's 'chica-friendly' but they can't use the big pool on the grounds so it's not for late-night skinny dippings.

http://www.elcolibri.net/
    I forgot about that place. How much is it a night? This could be another good alternative if its not too expensive for people not looking to throw parties or bring back multiple chicas at the same time.

Thanks
    Thanked 51,137 Times in 9,456 Posts

14. The Following User Says Thank You to psriches For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 11,949 Times in 4,636 Posts

Europa is an absolute LAST resort type of place.....last time i stayed there in 06 it had a bad mildew and mold problem. My sinuses were a mess!

but it was the first time i stayed there on my very first trip so when im in town i always make a note of hanging out in front of the place for a few, nostalgic purposes.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hemp For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,640 Times in 598 Posts

Some room pictures from my recent stay at Plaza Europa

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to daddyooo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,659 Times in 376 Posts

All of my experiences at EUROPA have been very good.

I like it. But as has been said before, see the room when you check in and ask for another if you see that something is amiss. Some of the rooms are just fine, others have problems. I've been lucky each of 4 visits there.

Thanks
    Thanked 33,954 Times in 10,160 Posts

Historically, Europa has been hit or miss. I've seen rooms that were spectacular (compared to my expectations), and others that were nothing but moldy and bug infested. I've never stayed the night there, but have visited at least 20 rooms over the years. There are far too many better choices in 2009.

Thread Information