• Only New Garden like it better than Sea Breeze

7 4.70%
  • I stay at both, they are equally cool

5 3.36%
  • I split my trips at both

1 0.67%
  • When both are full I stay at Hotel Casa Cayena

0 0%
  • 1st choice is NG but also like Seabreeze, backup Casa Cayena (KoKi9290)

12 8.05%
  • Have never stayed at either (yayow)

38 25.50%
  • Neither. NG fucked me, and I have not been back!! (jstarebel)

6 4.03%
  • I still like Europa (Revolutionrock77)

1 0.67%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 03/2009 - Sea Breeze vs New Garden............

Thanks
    Thanked 13,676 Times in 4,820 Posts

Re: Sea Breeze vs New Garden............

Quote Originally Posted by gmalet View Post
    I think breakfast ends at 10:30.
    WHY does this thread keep showing and keep showing that it Has new posts daily on the today's posts column when nothing new is there?? Is this a glitich or a premeditated cosmic anomoly??

Thanks
    Thanked 1,943 Times in 728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mikelodge View Post
    WHY does this thread keep showing and keep showing that it Has new posts daily on the today's posts column when nothing new is there?? Is this a glitich or a premeditated cosmic anomoly??
    it's b/c someone voted on the poll.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to sicpup71 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 49,149 Times in 7,404 Posts

seen both this week and they both serve their purpose nicely...........but got a price for $55 from the owner at New Garden and that would probably push me in that direction.......plus a nice buffet of Chicas streaming thru the place.........

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SeaWeed For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,640 Times in 598 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rocko View Post
    seen both this week and they both serve their purpose nicely...........but got a price for $55 from the owner at New Garden and that would probably push me in that direction.......plus a nice buffet of Chicas streaming thru the place.........

Be sure to tell him you are an ISOC member to get the discounted rate. $50 for old section, I believe.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to daddyooo For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

thanks Daddyoo for the heads up....

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SeaWeed For This Useful Post:

Thanks

As someone mentioned before.. Jihad at Seabreeze is very accomodating. I like supporting good people and he is one of them.

Thanks
    Thanked 44,288 Times in 7,548 Posts

So how was your trip berto66? tell us!
    The best thing about an ass, is when it is sitting on my face!!

Thanks

Not sure about Sea Breeze, but I stayed at New Garderns 10 - 11 Nov 09. I really liked the location and layout. The room was clean and spacious. I am planning to stay at New Gardens on my next trip in Feb 2010.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dragonlorde For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,539 Times in 278 Posts

Sea Breeze Review...

I will preface my comments by saying that I am the type who would pay a little bit more ($30-$40 extra/night) to stay in a place that looks like it was not built in a 3rd world country. With that said, the last 3 times I have been to the DR I have stayed in condos and villas. This time I stayed at Sea Breeze as my wingman (who didn't make it down) wanted to stay there.

Overall, I will not return to Sea Breeze.

1) Comfort: IMHO, I dislike the feel of the beds. They suck.

2) Overall Room Presentation: It gets the job done but there were a ton of quirks in my room/bathroom. For example, no hot water from my sink. Every time I get out the shower there is a puddle of water there. I actually looked to see if there was a hole in the tub. Hot water sporadically. Told the hotel was full so I could only get two towels.

3) Cleanliness: Below Average to Average. Every time I got out of my tub I see chica hair just laying all around the bathroom. Day after day. Not even chicas I f$cked.

4) Security: Average at best. Security is a process not an ad hoc adventure. For starters, they were inconsistent with having chicas need me to be there to get their cedula. I mean, what's the policy? It's either they have to or they don't. Only 3 out of 6 was I actual there when they got their IDs. Also, you can't lock the door with keys from the inside. I prefer hotels/rooms that are like that. That way when I get inside with the chica I can hide the key or throw it under the bed and that way she is going to have to roll me off the bed to make sure she can leave. Ain't no tip toeing out. Then, they have your room number written in big letters on the key. WTF?? If I lose the key do you need to advertise to everyone my room number. I ended up removing that for the duration of my stay and put it back on when handing in the keys but that combined with the inconsistent chica policy didn't put me at rest. Couple that with comments I have heard about safes (I had no problem with them though) and I would say that security was average at best.

5) Noise: I was at the front building and it's freaking noisy all day/night long. Cars, motoconcho's, drunk bastards, etc. You really can't get a quiet moment here. I'm not sure if the rooms towards the back of the resort is better but to me it was a problem as one day I came down with food poisoning and wanted to shoot myself due to the amount of noise there was. One time while wanting to catch a power nap before Classico's, I had to put music on and turn it up full volume just to drown out the street noise so there was something consistent in the background. And don't think I live in the country or something. I live in the middle of everything in NYC. I am used to noise.

6) Friendliness: Big positive. The guys there are definitely friendly. Seems to invoke the same kind of monger frat feel as New Garden. So that would be a positive if you are flying solo or new down there.

Those are my thoughts. And no, I didn't complain about everything or go and bring every single problem/quirk up to management. It's my vacation. They should have that sh!t figured out by now.

Net/Net. I would recommend New Garden over Sea Breeze. If you throw Terra Linda in at $60 or the newer wing at New Garden I wouldn't think there is much of a comparison.

15. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Galvin For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Galvin View Post
    Sea Breeze Review...

I will preface my comments by saying that I am the type who would pay a little bit more ($30-$40 extra/night) to stay in a place that looks like it was not built in a 3rd world country. With that said, the last 3 times I have been to the DR I have stayed in condos and villas. This time I stayed at Sea Breeze as my wingman (who didn't make it down) wanted to stay there.

2) Overall Room Presentation: It gets the job done but there were a ton of quirks in my room/bathroom. For example, no hot water from my sink. Every time I get out the shower there is a puddle of water there. I actually looked to see if there was a hole in the tub. Hot water sporadically. Told the hotel was full so I could only get two towels.

3) Cleanliness: Below Average to Average. Every time I got out of my tub I see chica hair just laying all around the bathroom. Day after day. Not even chicas I f$cked.

4) Security: Average at best. Security is a process not an ad hoc adventure. For starters, they were inconsistent with having chicas need me to be there to get their cedula. I mean, what's the policy? It's either they have to or they don't. Only 3 out of 6 was I actual there when they got their IDs. Also, you can't lock the door with keys from the inside. I prefer hotels/rooms that are like that. That way when I get inside with the chica I can hide the key or throw it under the bed and that way she is going to have to roll me off the bed to make sure she can leave. Ain't no tip toeing out. Then, they have your room number written in big letters on the key. WTF?? If I lose the key do you need to advertise to everyone my room number. I ended up removing that for the duration of my stay and put it back on when handing in the keys but that combined with the inconsistent chica policy didn't put me at rest. Couple that with comments I have heard about safes (I had no problem with them though) and I would say that security was average at best.

5) Noise: I was at the front building and it's freaking noisy all day/night long. Cars, motoconcho's, drunk bastards, etc. You really can't get a quiet moment here. I'm not sure if the rooms towards the back of the resort is better but to me it was a problem as one day I came down with food poisoning and wanted to shoot myself due to the amount of noise there was. One time while wanting to catch a power nap before Classico's, I had to put music on and turn it up full volume just to drown out the street noise so there was something consistent in the background. And don't think I live in the country or something. I live in the middle of everything in NYC. I am used to noise.

6) Friendliness: Big positive. The guys there are definitely friendly. Seems to invoke the same kind of monger frat feel as New Garden. So that would be a positive if you are flying solo or new down there.

Those are my thoughts. And no, I didn't complain about everything or go and bring every single problem/quirk up to management. It's my vacation. They should have that sh!t figured out by now.

Net/Net. I would recommend New Garden over Sea Breeze. If you throw Terra Linda in at $60 or the newer wing at New Garden I wouldn't think there is much of a comparison.
    Great to hear from a Green Veteran to confirm the dribs and drabs all floating out there on how crappy of a choice this place is compared to other options like the New El Ranco for 5 buck more without most of those problems.

To bad you got the food poisen that is nasty but all you can do is take your preventitive cures or meds and do your best.

Funny thing the worst feature of SB the fake safes seemed to be the least of your worries. Lucky for you because those letter boxes are a joke.

Are they still screwed down to a little table or shelf or something
    Just Doing It

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,539 Times in 278 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mikelodge View Post
    Great to hear from a Green Veteran to confirm the dribs and drabs all floating out there on how crappy of a choice this place is compared to other options like the New El Ranco for 5 buck more without most of those problems.

To bad you got the food poisen that is nasty but all you can do is take your preventitive cures or meds and do your best.

Funny thing the worst feature of SB the fake safes seemed to be the least of your worries. Lucky for you because those letter boxes are a joke.

Click to see pic

Are they still screwed down to a little table or shelf or something
    lol, I've seen worst safes...a lot worse. So not really going to knock them as much on that one. But combined with the other issues and a big postcard on your key with your room number/etc. The safe is an issue (although I didn't have one).

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Galvin For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Galvin View Post
    Sea Breeze Review...

All of the other safety shit aside.
    A comfortable BED is a HUGE factor for me. My back is not 100%, so if I cant get a good nights sleep, I am OUT of there. Its just not worth it to save a couple bucks.
    The new wing at the NG has very comfortable mattresses.

21. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jd426 View Post
    All of the other safety shit aside.
    A comfortable BED is a HUGE factor for me. My back is not 100%, so if I cant get a good nights sleep, I am OUT of there. Its just not worth it to save a couple bucks.
    The new wing at the NG has very comfortable mattresses.
    So does at least the one room I was in at the New Terra Linda that I showed the bed photos of. I layed on that bad boy to make sure before I go into the Belly of the Beast down there.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Thanks

How's the WIFI at the New Garden?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,640 Times in 598 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pepp-1 View Post

Exelent

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to daddyooo For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pepp-1 View Post
    It works great at Terra Linda by the Pool and in the restaurant. I didn't try it in a room but a guy did and said it was fine in the Terra Linda comparative thread.
    I think most places all have it.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Casa Marina ony has it in the lobby and they charge for it using their computers

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SeaWeed For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 45,724 Times in 5,924 Posts

I am considering sb for my next trip because ng is booked and I am not sur of how "messy" I can get in terra linda. I think pretty much anything goes as sb and that's how I like it.
    "Panties are not the best thing in the world, but they are next to it"

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to officemgr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,237 Times in 569 Posts

New Garden 1st choice stayed @ both.Jihad is very nice guy but those 8 dollar Sentury safes suck!

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mr Hillbilly For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 8orBetter View Post
    New Garden 1st choice stayed @ both.Jihad is very nice guy but those 8 dollar Sentury safes suck!

Actually those are not safes but locking fireproof letter boxes not intended as safes at all. They are intended to prevent your letters from burining in a standard fire so NO emphasis is put on security.

They use a cheap 59cent key that you can open with a thin screwdriver or simply slide the bolt over and push it open. Another way would be the hinges can be pryed off or open.

They are not cemented in the wall unless that has changed are they????? Last I heard they are just screwed down to a shelf or table.

This is a real safe below that they have at the Hotel Century Plaza in Santiago

Or this real one at Piero big enough for a laptop

This is a real one from Terra Linda

36. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information