View Poll Results: Have you ever gone to her house in the campo?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • No - I never leave my area

0 0%
  • N0 - never thought of it

0 0%
  • No - never was invited

1 7.69%
  • Yes - many times

7 53.85%
  • Yes - once, never again

2 15.38%
  • Yes but only for a quick visit (Ter319)

3 23.08%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Have you gone to her house?

Thanks
    Thanked 29,716 Times in 4,467 Posts

Re: Have you gone to her house?

I will probably not be online until I arrive next week. If any one want to catcha beer or show me the hot spots, I will be at Rockys on Friday. Red Baseball cap with an "A" on it.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,383 Times in 13,907 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by weyland View Post
    Where? PM me if for any reason* you don't want to publish it here.

*Like guys visiting there and commenting on how many little MrHappy lookalikes are running around.
    Oh no, don't mind at all.

I had a farm in Maimon, just west of Puerto Plata, exactly one kilometer from the entrance to the "Riu" hotels on the right.

My former farm has a hugh 8 ft fence the entire length of the road front, with a hugh wrought iron gate.

One of the hand pumps is directly in front of my house, on the other side of the road.
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,667 Times in 289 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    You may be surprised, but get outside of the cities, and that's the way of life in the entire country.

I used to live in a small village near Puerto Plata. My house was the ONLY house with running water. Everyone else got their water from wells.

Every morning, you can see the young women of the family carrying 5 gal. buckets of water on their shoulders to the house. It's hardly ever the boys.

Outhouses, I guess, if you can call them that. Pretty rudimentary stuff.

You're also talking about dirt floors, tin roofs, walls made from palm tree bark. Cooking over a fire. Washing clothes in the river. And yes, I've even come across girls bathing topless in the river. Not common, but it still happens.
    i have also seen that on some of my visits. it is one of the most humbling things that i have experienced there. it makes me very thankful for what i have here in the US. It also has made me conscientious about wasting food and water.

one thing that i noticed about dominicans is that they do not waste food and water. when i take my steady and other senoritas out to eat, they always finish all of what of what's ordered.

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to natmatt For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,842 Times in 8,288 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    I had a farm in Maimon, just west of Puerto.
    I hope you liked fish suppers?

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,383 Times in 13,907 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by weyland View Post
    I hope you liked fish suppers?

We ate at all of them, 2-3 times a week. One of the greatest hidden secrets of the area.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,816 Times in 253 Posts

Between Cuba and the D.R. I have had MANY home cooked meals in family homes and am ALMOST ALWAYS offered on of the daughters, cousins, family friends, etc......

Went to a casa in Puerto Plata to meet a girls family last week. Very nice yet modest home on the main street of POP. She then paraded me around the neighborhood introducing me to EVERYONE she knew....friends from school, aunts, uncles, amigas practically the WHOLE BARRIO.

The bar bill was small since most of them weren't drinking (festy had a beer in his hand, ofcourse). I had a very good time and will probably do it again next trip. Didn't spend the night there but could have stayed there and been comfortable.....can't say the same for some of the Cuban places I have stayed (mostly stabin cabins).

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Festy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,012 Times in 800 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by natmatt View Post
    i have also seen that on some of my visits. it is one of the most humbling things that i have experienced there. it makes me very thankful for what i have here in the US. It also has made me conscientious about wasting food and water.

one thing that i noticed about dominicans is that they do not waste food and water. when i take my steady and other senoritas out to eat, they always finish all of what of what's ordered.
    On one of my morning walks in Cabarete I decided to walk away from the tourist area - the hotels and kite sailors - and towards the opposite end just to see what was there.

Nestled along the coast on a ridge was a row of cinder block houses that looked no bigger than 12 x 20 - tin roof - single stove sitting at one end.

Part of me wanted to go up and chat with the folks there - but my Spanish is still so weak......these are the type of people who if all they can offer you is a cup of coffee and maybe some farm eggs and mango - then its yours.

Reminded me a lil of my days on grandmother's place along coastal South Carolina, and back in the day we had to pump water and hit the outhouse...but the level of poverty in DR is crazy.

My first night in had dinner at La Vache Loca...couldnt finish my pizza.
    After checking with me...the waitresses gave it to two of the kids who were hanging around...they tore through it like it was their first meal of the day.

Life is not about weathering the storm; but rather knowing how to dance in the rain.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to carolinajack For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,079 Times in 222 Posts

Long thread, I sped read.

Eh, some of this thread reminds me that we in the first world have to learn this is not a trip to the zoo. I would prefer to live in 1958...or even before.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,079 Times in 222 Posts

Addendum: The challenge is to fit in. We are one world. You want to experience that. The mission is to get in touch with something inside yourself. Your own humanity. It takes a long time for some. If you do it, its a moment of grace. Push for it.

15. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to JoeDR For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I have been dealing with a girl that lives in Sosua and her family lives somewhere else. She makes her money and takes it home. She offered me to stay with her next trip. Even though I don't think there is a trick in the book that she does not know. I have seen enough examples on here not to follow suit. I do want to go to the barrios away from the area. The girls that I know were not in Sosua and some were linked up with other dudes.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,411 Times in 78,295 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SrSuerte View Post
    I have been dealing with a girl that lives in Sosua and her family lives somewhere else. She makes her money and takes it home. She offered me to stay with her next trip. Even though I don't think there is a trick in the book that she does not know. I have seen enough examples on here not to follow suit. I do want to go to the barrios away from the area. The girls that I know were not in Sosua and some were linked up with other dudes.

Sleep in your garage at home a few nights. It feels like that.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,012 Times in 800 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydr View Post
    Sleep in your garage at home a few nights. It feels like that.
    A garage might be an upgrade for some of these girls...and by no means am I trying to crack on them. I rented a car because I stayed out in Cabarete this past trip; so on the morning after I would drive the girl back to Sosua...

...first off the side streets of Pedro Cal. are for shit. Thought I would blow a tire on that lil' Fiat; how those girls make it out in heels is beyond me.

The buildings themselves....I grew up in the projects of Harlem and these buildings make them look like Trump fucking Plaza.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to carolinajack For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 31,542 Times in 5,678 Posts

Taking a day trip to meet the family is one thing but i aint trying to stay over in some cramped shack with fucked-up plumbing and mosquitos going buckwild. I know the people are very welcoming and all and it's a nice experience but i'm on vacation not a wife-hunt so being comfortable is my number one priority and swatting flies and getting trampled by her 3 kids and other 6 her 2 sisters have between them aint my idea of comfortable.

22. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to JuanElGriego For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JuanElGriego View Post
    Taking a day trip to meet the family is one thing but i aint trying to stay over in some cramped shack with fucked-up plumbing and mosquitos going buckwild. I know the people are very welcoming and all and it's a nice experience but i'm on vacation not a wife-hunt so being comfortable is my number one priority and swatting flies and getting trampled by her 3 kids and other 6 her 2 sisters have between them aint my idea of comfortable.
    I am behind you 100 percent! I made that mistake. Brother and I will never do it again! I came back to the hotel, my damn arms look like pin cushions! I wanted to know one thing. How did you know that was one of my exact day trips!
    Live & Let Live! And Always Remember To Drink & Fuck Wisely

Thanks
    Thanked 1,369 Times in 366 Posts

I experienced the same thing on my last trip. Some of those streets are not streets at all. Dirt roads with potholes? In reality they aren't even potholes. Ditches in the middle of the road is what they are. The houses. Turn off the main road and go up some of those streets and you would think you are in a very poor section of the old south. farm animals, old shacks. I agree, I don't know how some of them make it to the main road.

On another note, my viewing of those houses changed my approach during negotiations for tln's. I'm sure in a lot of cases they are happy to sleep in a nice bed at the hotel. That too is up for negotiation in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by carolinajack View Post
    A garage might be an upgrade for some of these girls...and by no means am I trying to crack on them. I rented a car because I stayed out in Cabarete this past trip; so on the morning after I would drive the girl back to Sosua...

...first off the side streets of Pedro Cal. are for shit. Thought I would blow a tire on that lil' Fiat; how those girls make it out in heels is beyond me.

The buildings themselves....I grew up in the projects of Harlem and these buildings make them look like Trump fucking Plaza.
    trEPP33

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to trEPP33 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

On another note, my viewing of those houses changed my approach during negotiations for tln's. I'm sure in a lot of cases they are happy to sleep in a nice bed at the hotel. That too is up for negotiation in my book.

I lived in Central America for awhile and I have seen many different living conditions. I would not choose to live in any of those conditions.
    I use to be so suprised how someone could live in the mountains or slums could use the little that she had to fix herself up and look better than females that have access to salons and spa's.

I also like how happy people are in those areas. They are not worried about a lot of superficial stuff. They celebrate harder than a lot of people do on a large budget. I put less than $50 of small bills in a pinata and the party went wild when the money started to come out. I like the "king" like treatment that you get also.

I guess it is a little medicine for me not to be too caught up on small stuff. It is a nice experience for a visit not to stay. Really I could learn to live anywhere. Mosquitos are the worse when you are trying to sleep so I feel you on that one. Nothing that some good chocha and a bottle of Bacardi could not comfort. Just don't break the girls bed!

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SrSuerte For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,353 Times in 887 Posts

I have not gone to a chica's house yet, but did get an offer to do so on my next trip. Based on what I read on here, I will not go that route. I may go visit for the day, but not stay. One part of me is like stay because you feel wanted by the girl, but on the other hand who knows what drama lies ahead so rather think with the big head and stay out of that situation!

29. The Following User Says Thank You to daddy999 For This Useful Post:

mho

Thanks
    Thanked 62,154 Times in 9,135 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by daddy999 View Post
    I have not gone to a chica's house yet, but did get an offer to do so on my next trip. Based on what I read on here, I will not go that route. I may go visit for the day, but not stay. One part of me is like stay because you feel wanted by the girl, but on the other hand who knows what drama lies ahead so rather think with the big head and stay out of that situation!

I believe you have made a wise choice, a day visit is fine, there is no reason to stay overnight. I have done it once due to an emergency, when I lost my condo keys and had no choice as I didn't discover the lost until the middle of the night. It actually wasn't bad as she had a decent enough place, but nonetheless, couldn't wait to get back to my place.
    Why should I limit myself to only one woman when I can have as many women as I want?
    George Gershwin

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 31,542 Times in 5,678 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by daddy999 View Post
    Everyone likes their ego stroked but the truth is you're probably just one of a long list of gringos who got that invite.

You're about as special as if you'd been "offered" the chance to buy something from a beach cabana in Sosua.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to JuanElGriego For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I have been offered to stay but I turned it down. I've only done quick visits to p/u chica. I wouldn't want to spend an entire vacation if I had to after seeing there living conditions. It's hard to believe how good some of these girls are able to look coming from were they live. Yet here in NYC you have girls who looked like the just raided a good will bin and look like total slobs in some of the most a fluent areas.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information