Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 07/2009 - Condosdominicano

Thanks

Re: Condosdominicano

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteele69 View Post
    Just got back from my 12 day stay at condosdominicanos. I enjoyed the place. Rented unti#10. It is a two bedroom. The place is nice. No a/c but the ceiling fans were more than enough.

Cleaning lady came by a few times. Nice lady, does a good job. You can buy large jugs of water from colin at a good price and the maintenance guy delivers them for you.

The pool is nice. Never had any chicas in there. It rained almost everyday. There were a few long-term renters there so be respectful to them and they will return the favor.

There is alot of noise around this place. Had to deal with roosters, motoconcho noise, construction noise ect......Bring ear plugs.

All around I enjoyed this place. The location is perfect. 5-10 minute walk in either direction and you are in the center of the action.

I would definitely stay again.
    I'm here until after Thanksgiving. As has been said in the past Colin is a good guy and a gracious host. It's a block from the stip so insulated from the noise.

The cleaning lady is very nice and does a good job. She will also do your laundry. (1 load washed, dried, folded and delivered to your room 200 pesos.)

Another nice feature is you can get a laptop for 500 pesos a week. I know alot of people are concerned with their personal laptops being damaged or stolen.

See you guys on the strip...
    Heh Rocky, watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to DRCowboy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Have a great time. I really enjoyed my stay there.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to manofsteele69 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

manofsteele you did not mention anything about the wicked witch.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wreckless For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Don't want to get banned from the condos. Besides, I heard she moved out while we were there

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to manofsteele69 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 9,575 Times in 1,140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wreckless View Post
    manofsteele you did not mention anything about the wicked witch.

Man who are you referring to ? I am heading back to the Condos for my umpteenth stay, and have never had any problems... not miss lyndsay, the brittish blonde lady who lives there?

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to balcoach For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 17,369 Times in 2,486 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteele69 View Post
    Just got back from my 12 day stay at condosdominicanos. I enjoyed the place. Rented unti#10. It is a two bedroom. The place is nice. No a/c but the ceiling fans were more than enough.

Cleaning lady came by a few times. Nice lady, does a good job. You can buy large jugs of water from colin at a good price and the maintenance guy delivers them for you.

The pool is nice. Never had any chicas in there. It rained almost everyday. There were a few long-term renters there so be respectful to them and they will return the favor.

There is alot of noise around this place. Had to deal with roosters, motoconcho noise, construction noise ect......Bring ear plugs.

All around I enjoyed this place. The location is perfect. 5-10 minute walk in either direction and you are in the center of the action.

I would definitely stay again.

You lost me at "No a/c!"

I sweat during sex even in a/c. I cannot imagine fans only for me

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sporthobbyist For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 29,716 Times in 4,467 Posts

Sorry for the resurection but did I miss a conversation about Condosdominicano?

Click the link and it says this on their webpage.

THIS ACCOUNT
    HAS BEEN SUSPENDED
    FOR NON-PAYMENT OF LONG OUTSTANDING DEBTS TOTALLING
    RD$43,925
    AS OF FEBRUARY 28, 2014 &
    NOT INCLUDING DOMAIN FEES FROM 2013-2014.
    Sadly, this is not an isolated case. Since 2012 Condos Dominicano has had electrical service to the commons areas disconnected by EdeNorte for non-payment, individual units have been disconnected when their managers have failed to pay for electrical services on multiple occasions, Condos Plus temporarily suspended backup power, water, garbage collection, staff facilities and parking on October 31, 2013, provided services through January, but again due to lack of payment since December have had them suspended once more, guest's medical insurance claims have gone unpaid and unanswered, and more while the book-keeper has by her own admission assisted in the coverup of an embezzlement and issued falsified documents to owners and creditors as "proofs" of payments that were never made.
    If you know any of these people please ask them to pay their bills without having to be ordered yet again to do so by the courts, and remind them that when you don't pay your bills, this is what happens.

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SrSuerte For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 31,159 Times in 5,854 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SrSuerte View Post
    Sorry for the resurection but did I miss a conversation about Condosdominicano?

Click the link and it says this on their webpage.

THIS ACCOUNT
    HAS BEEN SUSPENDED
    FOR NON-PAYMENT OF LONG OUTSTANDING DEBTS TOTALLING
    RD$43,925
    AS OF FEBRUARY 28, 2014 &
    NOT INCLUDING DOMAIN FEES FROM 2013-2014.
    Sadly, this is not an isolated case. Since 2012 Condos Dominicano has had electrical service to the commons areas disconnected by EdeNorte for non-payment, individual units have been disconnected when their managers have failed to pay for electrical services on multiple occasions, Condos Plus temporarily suspended backup power, water, garbage collection, staff facilities and parking on October 31, 2013, provided services through January, but again due to lack of payment since December have had them suspended once more, guest's medical insurance claims have gone unpaid and unanswered, and more while the book-keeper has by her own admission assisted in the coverup of an embezzlement and issued falsified documents to owners and creditors as "proofs" of payments that were never made.
    If you know any of these people please ask them to pay their bills without having to be ordered yet again to do so by the courts, and remind them that when you don't pay your bills, this is what happens.
    This is a web dispute. I talked to Colin and Lindsay, everything is OK. There were no issues since after this info appeared.

http://condosdominicanos.com/
    ‘Forbear to judge, for we are sinners all’

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to questner For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 35,868 Times in 4,610 Posts

Re: 07/2009 - Condosdominicano

Any updates on Condo Dominicanos?

I need a new home for next month's trip. Don Antonio is fully booked I'm told. It's a shame as I like the convenience to PC, but it's still a quiet, laid-back hotel.
    Me gusta mujeres mas oscuro que yo.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to el toro For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,106 Times in 4,436 Posts

Under Construction

We are having a slight technical issue, we will be back very soon.
    Nous avons un petit problème technique, nous serons de retour très bientôt .
    Estamos teniendo un problema técnico ligero , estaremos de vuelta muy pronto.
    Tartunk egy kis technikai kérdés, mi lesz hát nagyon hamar .

When you can think of yesterday without regret and tomorrow without fear, you are near contentment.
    Your opinions are not my problem...

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Apos For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by el toro View Post
    Any updates on Condo Dominicanos?

I need a new home for next month's trip. Don Antonio is fully booked I'm told. It's a shame as I like the convenience to PC, but it's still a quiet, laid-back hotel.
    Colin has retired from property management and the site is gone. You can rent half of the units from Nishe, another half from Lindsay and 2 units from local real estate (next door on to Clasico's, as Colin she lives in La Mulata)

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to questner For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 46,477 Times in 4,501 Posts

Anybody know the current rates??
    You do You, I'm gonna Do Me!!

"Don't tell me what a man says, don't tell me what a man knows, tell me where he's traveled?"

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tgunz For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 93,482 Times in 10,191 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tgunz View Post
    Anybody know the current rates??

Looks like $280 for 7 nights on Booking.com,,,,,,,,,,Not including taxes,,,,,,,

for a "sample week" in June,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

http://www.booking.com/hotel/do/cond...highlight_room=
    " Expect The Best, Be Prepared For The Worst, Fuck What Others Think, And Do Your Own Thing,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to XXX For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 9,575 Times in 1,140 Posts

Condos Dominicano... The rates at this property jumped about 50-60 % over the past year, and with little to no improvement in the units available. The location is great, the units are dated, but more than sufficient. I lived there for a year, and used to stay there, but they bumped their head and raised the rates to a point for same $$ you can find better.

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to balcoach For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Yesterday I got quoted $400 studio for 2 weeks. Yes, the rates went up, but from absolute bottom. I used to rent off season for $100 a week, which was not sustainable. I know they spend money on improvements (water, power, internet, AC etc) Units are actually better in my view.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to questner For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Condos Dominicano is NOT GF anymore

Learned today also that Nesha passed away this February - RIP Nenad-nesha Bojovic

32. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to questner For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,791 Times in 353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by questner View Post
    Condos Dominicano is NOT GF anymore

Learned today also that Nesha passed away this February - RIP Nenad-nesha Bojovic

Click to see pic

Click to see pic
    That policy has been in place now for over a year,too many problems with disrespectful mongers,it sucks but I get it.

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to quietcorner911 For This Useful Post:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information