Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 07/2009 - Condosdominicano

Thanks
    Thanked 9,575 Times in 1,140 Posts

Re: Condosdominicano

Quote Originally Posted by IDEAL41 View Post
    This is exactly what I am looking for! nice and quiet with a clean pool area but close to everything...feeling relieved all of a sudden....I rented the studio....don't plan on alot of company.

You will be pleasantly surprised. The location is outstanding. Well secure, great pool area, and security is good.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to balcoach For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pi3141516 View Post
    My offending unit was #6.
    I can vouch for #20 and #14.

Suffice it to say that I have known Lindsay and Linda personally for quite some time. And btw, the new coffee grinder in #6 is from amazon.com hand-delivered to Lindsay by your's truly.

#6 just didn't do it for me. Neither do grande culos...
    Thanks for the info...looks like I am dealing with good people at the very least...and that is a good start. Hopefully all goes well, sorry about your experience.
    ideal

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IDEAL41 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by balcoach View Post
    You will be pleasantly surprised. The location is outstanding. Well secure, great pool area, and security is good.
    Now I am getting all pumped up again....Dammit, still 11 days to go!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IDEAL41 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

IDEAL... how long will you be staying?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to balcoach For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Hoseman should be there, he is in one of the studios, #5, he is a great guy, and can show you around... goes by the name of hoseman here on ISOC.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to balcoach For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 29,118 Times in 3,985 Posts

coach... where is cd located?

i'll check it out at the end of the month when im there.

is the pool chica friendly as well?

of cours,e im speaking, of actually swimming/relaxing in the pool, being respectful of people who live there, etc... not talking about orgies in the pool

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to naptime For This Useful Post:

Thanks

IDEAL... how long will you be staying?

I am there apr 9 - 16....

14. The Following User Says Thank You to IDEAL41 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by naptime View Post
    coach... where is cd located?

i'll check it out at the end of the month when im there.

is the pool chica friendly as well?

of cours,e im speaking, of actually swimming/relaxing in the pool, being respectful of people who live there, etc... not talking about orgies in the pool
    Nap... its easy to find, if you come out of the Shark bar, walk towards passions, turn left at the first street (where the sign says Coyote Bar, but there is nothing but burnt ruins there, thanks to the Russians!), walk up to the first block (150 yards) and turn right (hugo ducros jewelry), then 1st left on Wolfgang Mozart and it sits there on the corner on the right.

Its no more than a 3 minute walk from Shark Bar..5 tops...

The pool is chica friendly, just have to be respectful of those that are there, as its not the New Garden Pool, but its quite allright for you and your lady of the day to enjoy some sun and pool time.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to balcoach For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 29,118 Times in 3,985 Posts

thanks coach.. i looked up on the website and saw thier layout as well.

i wouldn't mind trying out one of the lower level studios facing the pool.

not sure i could handle no a/c in the summer. but in the winter, not a problem as i dont use a/c at rockys either in february.

i will definately check them out.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to naptime For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Just got back from a week at condos...nice small, secure complex on a quiet side street (if there is such a thing as quiet this close to the 'heart'}. Good people running the show and good neighbors (sp?). exchanges hellos with a couple members....everyone is relly laid back and you don't even get a sideways glance when you are with a chica....just keep it quiet in the courtyard where the long term people are hanging out. I ended up in #6...fresh paint (could still smell it for the first day), new tiles in the shower and the a/c helped for the first couple days...small bed is right (just a double) but I would recommend it to anyone looking for a place a few steps from the action likes a smaller place that you can relax at just as easily as monger at. Also visited #16 for a few hours before my flight home...alot more furniture and abithomier...would probably ask for this unit if available next time.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to IDEAL41 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

To all,
    Emailed Colin on my upcoming trip (November). I got the auto response letting me know that they had received my email. Fifteen minutes later received the email from Colin that the rooms are avaiable and the price. In my opinion you could not ask for better service.

Sincerely,
    Jim

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DRCowboy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I will be there from nov 2-14 with my wingman. staying in a two bedroom. Colin replied to my emails quickly. Seems like a cool dude. Hope to run into some members.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to manofsteele69 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,772 Times in 686 Posts

-so from the members who have stayed there which unit numbers would you suggest? i received my first response from colin quickly after my initial inquiry.

-if he is booked someone mentioned there was contact information on the owners of some of the other apartments... where can this be found?
    welcome to the fraternity, *morgan freeman voice*

26. The Following User Says Thank You to rushdog34 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,336 Times in 6,473 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DRCowboy View Post
    To all,
    Emailed Colin on my upcoming trip (November). I got the auto response letting me know that they had received my email. Fifteen minutes later received the email from Colin that the rooms are avaiable and the price. In my opinion you could not ask for better service.

Sincerely,
    Jim
    Hey let me know how your november trip goes. Reading this thread is a little scary I hope its not that bad. I know everyone has different standards so im looking forward to reading your thoughts and opinions about this place. It seems like its in a great location and everything else looks good, only thing holding me back right now is these negative responses below but they are pretty old.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Dave Diaz For This Useful Post:

Hoseman is offline 11/27/2011-R.I.P. Derrick "Hoseman" Smith. Engine Co. #5 AkA "Smitty"
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,348 Times in 3,096 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MrMagnum View Post
    Hey let me know how your november trip goes. Reading this thread is a little scary I hope its not that bad. I know everyone has different standards so im looking forward to reading your thoughts and opinions about this place. It seems like its in a great location and everything else looks good, only thing holding me back right now is these negative responses below but they are pretty old.
    I live there Coiln is the man Great place to stay.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hoseman For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hoseman View Post
    I live there Coiln is the man Great place to stay.
    I will second that opinion. My place of choice. touching down for a minimum of a month come the first week of December.

D... when you coming back?

32. The Following User Says Thank You to balcoach For This Useful Post:

Hoseman is offline 11/27/2011-R.I.P. Derrick "Hoseman" Smith. Engine Co. #5 AkA "Smitty"
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,348 Times in 3,096 Posts

I will second that opinion. My place of choice. touching down for a minimum of a month come the first week of December.

D... when you coming back?
    Nov. 14th Ticket already purchased I will hate leaving the place but I think next year I will time to move on PP here I come.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hoseman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,480 Times in 657 Posts

Been living here in Unit #16 (a small loft unit on the 2nd floor) since August 17th - here are some thoughts...

First of all, for strictly mongering purposes, the great benefit of this place is the location. You're right smack in the middle of everything - Classicos is less than a ten-minute walk, Passions the other direction not much further. The beach and Platinums gym are also less than 15 minutes.

Unlike some of the places further out where a few board members are living, you really don't need transportation. I even walk to the Playero supermarket on the highway and carry my groceries home from there. I hardly ever ride motos anywhere. And you can cheaply cab it to Cabarete or Puerto Plata in a publico when desired.

But this cuts both ways. Unlike the more out of the way options, there's nearly always ambient noise - motos, roosters, barking dogs, car alarms, vehicles driving through blasting announcements in Spanish, electric saws from nearby hardware shops, maintenance workers here on site. Not good if you value peace and quiet - earplugs are mandatory. There was a major project in progress the first two months fixing the roofs on all the units that was a major annoyance - thankfully, this is now over with. Which also means no more rain leakage inside during storms - formerly a big problem.

Another huge benefit is that all utilities, Internet and twice a week maid service are included in the rental price. The maid service is quite good - fully clean the unit, fresh sheets and towels, laundry service for a little extra $. All that for $400 a month isn't a bad deal.

However, wireless Internet can be dicey. Lately it's been somewhat reliable, but there was a period of about a whole week recently where it was down completely - a major bummer when you're heavily dependent on it (I regularly had to go sponge off the New Garden's service at that time).

The nighttime security guy is a friendly haitian dude who is diligent about checking and collecting chica cedulas. But be advised that it's not really what I'd call a 'monger-centric' place - though there's a few of us here. Not that anyone hassles you per se, but if you regularly bring chicas in and out, it does get noticed.

The pool and grounds are nice and very well maintained. Beyond all that, Colin the building manager does a good job maintaining the place and is very reasonable to deal with.

Based on the heavy maintenance going on during the first two months, I might have been leery recommending this place, but currently it's a pretty good option at a reasonable price.

36. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to getrhythm For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Just got back from my 12 day stay at condosdominicanos. I enjoyed the place. Rented unti#10. It is a two bedroom. The place is nice. No a/c but the ceiling fans were more than enough.

Cleaning lady came by a few times. Nice lady, does a good job. You can buy large jugs of water from colin at a good price and the maintenance guy delivers them for you.

The pool is nice. Never had any chicas in there. It rained almost everyday. There were a few long-term renters there so be respectful to them and they will return the favor.

There is alot of noise around this place. Had to deal with roosters, motoconcho noise, construction noise ect......Bring ear plugs.

All around I enjoyed this place. The location is perfect. 5-10 minute walk in either direction and you are in the center of the action.

I would definitely stay again.

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to manofsteele69 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,676 Times in 4,820 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteele69 View Post
    Just got back from my 12 day stay at condosdominicanos. I enjoyed the place. Rented unti#10. It is a two bedroom. The place is nice. No a/c but the ceiling fans were more than enough.

Cleaning lady came by a few times. Nice lady, does a good job. You can buy large jugs of water from colin at a good price and the maintenance guy delivers them for you.

The pool is nice. Never had any chicas in there. It rained almost everyday. There were a few long-term renters there so be respectful to them and they will return the favor.

There is alot of noise around this place. Had to deal with roosters, motoconcho noise, construction noise ect......Bring ear plugs.

All around I enjoyed this place. The location is perfect. 5-10 minute walk in either direction and you are in the center of the action.

I would definitely stay again.
    No AC and NOISE not for this Muy Tranquilo guy I don't like to have sweaty sex well it is better in the cool comfort anyway even if I still sweat

Noise " When I Want Quiet I Want Quiet" now if she is a screamer that is ok.

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information