Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 134

  1. #1
    Aug 2007
    Location
    New York, USA
    Age
    55
    Posts
    1,991
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    16,214
    Thanked 11,539 Times in 1,755 Posts

    10/2009 - Complaints about the New Garden Hotel (Recurring)

    Members of the Brotherhood:

    Here is a post that I came across on Sosualife describing an incident at the infamous "Ground Zero."

    BEWARE!!! HOW NEW GARDEN OPERATES!!!!

    I have 2 jacuzzi rooms and 2 new wing rooms for 2 nights booked in new garden since June, I believe. A week before my trip, after canceling one room I get an email stating I am getting two rooms in the new building and one in the older one.when i asked why, this is the responce i got!

    Re: Re:

    Thursday, October 1, 2009 4:35 PM

    From:
    "hotel.garden" <hotel.garden@ codetel.net. do>
    View contact details

    we had two clients they want a jacuzzi for 8 nights, so we confirmed it,

    what else could i do ??

    Wilfried

  4. #2
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York, New York
    Age
    48
    Posts
    2,854
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    16,854
    Thanked 8,209 Times in 2,195 Posts

    Re: New Garden Photos from this past week.......

    Quote Originally Posted by craigmac View Post

    From:

  6. #3
    Apr 2009
    Location
    On Lake with Toys
    Posts
    7,005
    Thanks
    20,827
    Thanked 13,676 Times in 4,820 Posts

    Re: New Garden Photos from this past week.......

    Quote Originally Posted by givengo440 View Post
    Screw the New Garden Hotel, I'm riding with my man Jihad all the WAY... Except when it comes to those document holders, I mean safes lol
    Seriously then what do you do with your valuables just risk it or what?

  7. #4
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Near Boston
    Age
    60
    Posts
    1,683
    Thanks
    1,655
    Thanked 2,993 Times in 1,045 Posts

    Re: New Garden Photos from this past week.......

    Quote Originally Posted by givengo440 View Post
    Screw the New Garden Hotel, I'm riding with my man Jihad all the WAY... Except when it comes to those document holders, I mean safes lol
    He should have told him that because he was taking only small portions of 4 room weeks that he was subject to being bumped.

    If anyone has read about Lorenzo and how he does things, he should have expected that because he's definately done some sketchy things before.

    They really have a smart set-up. They do what they want and Wilfred blames Lorenzo and says "What can I do"? You deal with Wilfred and have sympathy for someone that is trying to do the right thing with a flaky boss. Right? I've been subject to that a couple of times.

    On the other hand, if you had someone that wanted a room for 8 days and another that wanted 4 rooms for 2 days... I think you'd be hard pressed to keep the reservation.

    But... he should have informed the party beforehand and did something to mitigate the inconvenience.

    Just my thoughts...

  8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ElPlomero For This Useful Post:

  9. #5
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Sosua DR
    Age
    74
    Posts
    161
    Thanks
    296
    Thanked 1,445 Times in 148 Posts

    Re: New Garden Photos from this past week.......

    I have 2 jacuzzi rooms and 2 new wing rooms for 2 nights booked in new garden since June, I believe. A week before my trip, after canceling one room I get an email stating I am getting two rooms in the new building and one in the older one.

    here my answer:

    we give our guests the possibility to change or to cancel their reservation.
    we don't take a deposit neither ask for a credit card,

    he confirmed 2 jacuzzi rooms and two other rooms in the new wing for two nights,

    than,
    he took the right to cancel one room in the new wing and wants to change the other room from the new wing to the older part,

    so i told him that we change his reservation like he wants, he can have two rooms in the new wing and one in the older part,

    the only change we made, was that he can have two normal rooms in the new wing instead of 2 two jacuzzi's for two nights,

    he took this right to to cancel and to change !!!

    and we took our right too.

  10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Plaso For This Useful Post:

  11. #6
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Age
    62
    Posts
    1,244
    Thanks
    12,863
    Thanked 8,333 Times in 1,160 Posts

    Re: New Garden Photos from this past week.......

    Quote Originally Posted by Plaso View Post
    he took this right to to cancel and to change !!!

    and we took our right too.
    I know that I'll exercise my right ... the right to never spend another peso at the New Garden!!!

    I've been reading posts on other boards that mirror my experience (May 09) of having booked the Jacuzzi room months in advance and confirming a week out ... only to find that when I arrived it wasn't available. WTF????

    Wilfried ... your last line in this post sums up your attitude towards your clients ... basically another way of saying "FUCK EM" ... so when selecting my accomodation in Sosua ... I say .. "Right back atcha"!!!

  12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kennilingus For This Useful Post:

  13. #7
    Jul 2004
    Age
    63
    Posts
    4,188
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    5,655
    Thanked 10,829 Times in 2,435 Posts

    Re: New Garden Photos from this past week.......

    Last edited by Ram; 10-04-2009 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Corrected by Jimmydr...no need for my comment anymore

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Ram For This Useful Post:

  15. #8
    Apr 2004
    Location
    New York City
    Age
    61
    Posts
    116,988
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    325,576
    Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts

    Re: Complaints about the New Garden Hotel (Recurring)

    I pulled this out of a trip report because it doesn't belong there.

    When we first came here in 2006 or 2005, it was July and there were 3 rooms rented. Because of us mongers he was able to add 24 more rooms.

    There is no reason to arrive after making your reservation 3 months in advance to find out you have no room waiting for you.

    You want access to trip reports?

    Google Wallet

    JDRent97@gmail.com

  16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

  17. #9
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,661
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    18,572
    Thanked 49,149 Times in 7,404 Posts

    Re: Complaints about the New Garden Hotel (Recurring)

    from a personal observation last week, we would be only kidding ourselves on here that the reason the New Garden has full or near full occupancy most of the time in this 37(40) room hotel is because of ISOC mongers......cause the majority of guests that were at the New Garden last week weren't even affiliated with ISOC........so those premiss's would be blown out the window.....though for a website ISOC sends more than it's fair share of it registered users there.......

    I would have to say New Garden sells it's self with it's location, amenities and friendly staff.......and of course some hot chicas.....and there is nothing better than saying hola to a hot chica and be in bed with her five minutes later.......lol......and we should be thankful that the owner allows this.....as a lot of resorts/hotels owners in the Caribbean don't..........

    and from my own interaction with the owner I would have to say that he is more than accommodating........he does aim to please........and then some........and I am looking forward to going back to the New Garden

  18. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to SeaWeed For This Useful Post:

  19. #10
    Apr 2004
    Location
    New York City
    Age
    61
    Posts
    116,988
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    325,576
    Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts

    Re: Complaints about the New Garden Hotel (Recurring)

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocko View Post
    from a personal observation last week, we would be only kidding ourselves on here that the reason the New Garden has full or near full occupancy most of the time in this 37(40) room hotel is because of ISOC mongers......cause the majority of guests that were at the New Garden last week weren't even affiliated with ISOC........so those premiss's would be blown out the window.....though for a website ISOC sends more than it's fair share of it registered users there.......

    There is a tourist season when he fills up. We arrived in July, he had 3 rooms full. We returned in November he had maybe 10 rooms full. We returned the following April he was empty. He was full maybe 3 months a year. Last July, he had all 48 rooms full.

  20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

  21. #11
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Sosua DR
    Age
    74
    Posts
    161
    Thanks
    296
    Thanked 1,445 Times in 148 Posts

    Re: Complaints about the New Garden Hotel (Recurring)

    Rocko you're right, NG has 37 rooms for rent and over the year about 15% occupancy from ISOC members.

  22. #12
    Aug 2007
    Location
    New York, USA
    Age
    55
    Posts
    1,991
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    16,214
    Thanked 11,539 Times in 1,755 Posts

    Re: Complaints about the New Garden Hotel (Recurring)

    In an attempt to keep the Brotherhood abreast of the New Garden situation, here's more of the dialogue that is being circulated on Sosualife:

    Boycott New Garden

    I booked a room last February Jacuzzi and they stock me in the back of the old part I was told by one of the workers some Italians got my spot the one from Europe not American Italians they stick it to those people alls I was kept awake by a Roster in the morning and baseball from the Field

    --- In sosualife@yahoogrou ps.com, "Tim" <timboot17@. ..> wrote:

    > yeah fuck new garden!!!! nobody stay there anymore!!do seabreezes or don antonios that the dude was talking about...cheaper! they keep your exact reservations! what room u pick u get even if a month later regardless if the owner has so called friends that came in!i hate to sound like a dick but thats what u get when you dont run a honest buisness and fuck people on there reservations and PRICING!

    Subject: Re: [sosualife] Re: boycott new garden

    I am glad this is all out in the open now!!! people on this site, especially the moderator, continuosly recommed the new garden and its bullshit! Just learned when my coworker went in febuary, after being booked for months, showed up and didnt have a room!! THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT GUYS!!!

    I booked a room last February Jacuzzi and they stock me in the back of the old part I was told by one of the workers some Italians got my spot the one from Europe not American Italians they stick it to those people alls I was kept awake by a Roster in the morning and baseball from the Field

    --- In sosualife@yahoogrou ps.com, "Tim" <timboot17@. ..> wrote:

    > yeah fuck new garden!!!! nobody stay there anymore!!do seabreezes or don antonios that the dude was talking about...cheaper! they keep your exact reservations! what room u pick u get even if a month later regardless if the owner has so called friends that came in!i hate to sound like a dick but thats what u get when you dont run a honest buisness and fuck people on there reservations and PRICING!

    The Mac Man

  23. #13
    May 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    10,607
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    73,747
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

    Re: Complaints about the New Garden Hotel (Recurring)

    I will continue to give NG my business, and will HIGHTLY recommend them to others because they have the Location, the amenities , and very friendly staff. Wilfried has to manage a business, and not taking a deposit or a CC quite frankly opens up a business to all kinds of abuse and cancellations. Not saying thats what happened here. But its a reservation tightrope they are walking IMO.
    If this were my business, NO way in HELL that I would not take a CC deposit, with at least a modest cancellation fee.... SOMETHING to make sure your ass shows up .

    Try booking a room through Expedia or one of those sites which claim to save you money , then cancel or change the reservation, or better yet, do a NO SHOW, and watch what happens on your Credit card bill. You will be in for a battle I can assure you. Whereas Wilfied will gladly rebook you another week, or make changes for you, no problem.
    I think you guys need to weigh your options before jumping down his throat for something like this.
    just my .02

  24. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

  25. #14
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Long Island , New York
    Age
    59
    Posts
    503
    Thanks
    3,419
    Thanked 1,890 Times in 436 Posts

    Re: Complaints about the New Garden Hotel (Recurring)

    Quote Originally Posted by jd426 View Post
[...]

    i dont agree with you, he flat out told him that he gave his room to a person that booked for a longer period of time. and from whats being said around here he does it on a somewhat regular basis. he didnt book through expedia he booked through the hotel which should assure him his spot. as far as location the whole fuckin town is a mile long and half a mile wide , only costs a dollar to go anywhere by moto. Even Voramar isnt a bad location as long as you dont mind taking a moto. I would think this guy has had close to no cancellations by ISOC members as guys tend to get more and more excited as the trip nears. If i knew there was gonna be a hurricane i would go as long as i wasnt flying into it. couple bags of ice, case of presidentes, a chica and some high ground and i will tough it out, im sure a lot of guys feel the same. i dont think for a minute this guy did it because he thought he was getting a cancellation. he doesnt get my benefit of the doubt.

  26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to swiggy For This Useful Post:

  27. #15
    Mar 2009
    Age
    45
    Posts
    596
    Thanks
    4,662
    Thanked 2,104 Times in 470 Posts

    Re: Complaints about the New Garden Hotel (Recurring)

    This is interesting because I plan on staying at the new garden in Dec along with another guest. I'm not sure if issues are only arising when booking the jacuzzi room but my experience was a completely positive one so I will be back despite it costing more than other options. The attitude of some of these responses (by NG) do seem more combative than accommodating but we're all grown here.

    I plan to book a month in advance and I'll let everyone know how it goes.
    I'm out for dead Presidentes to represent me...

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to chicmatic For This Useful Post:

  29. #16
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Age
    43
    Posts
    7,001
    Thanks
    13,470
    Thanked 31,542 Times in 5,678 Posts

    Re: Complaints about the New Garden Hotel (Recurring)

    The owners basically came out and told you they reserve the right to give your room to someone else if it suits them. At least they're honest. No lies, excuses, or games. This means you can continue to book there and take your chances or choose to stay at one of the other dozen spots available. It's not like you don't have options. But for anyone who books at NG, don't cry about your room getting jacked in the future. You've been forewarned.

  30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JuanElGriego For This Useful Post:

  31. #17
    May 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    10,607
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    73,747
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

    Re: Complaints about the New Garden Hotel (Recurring)

    Quote Originally Posted by swiggy View Post
[...]
    I was booked 9/11 to 9/17, i had to change it last minute to 9/17 - 9/23, another ISCOC member (who I won't name) cancelled that same week, thats 2 right there. Shit happens, things come up. So your premise is flawed.
    Its a juggling act for Wilfried, thats all im trying to say. And correct me if Im wrong, but he was only bumped out of the Jacuzzi rooms, he was still promised rooms, No ? or do I need to re read it again ?????

    Its the DR dude. Deal with it and go with the flow. I something like this pisses you off that much, maybe consider another destination.

  32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

  33. #18
    Feb 2006
    Age
    49
    Posts
    6,597
    Thanks
    450
    Thanked 1,729 Times in 520 Posts

    Thumbs Down Re: Complaints about the New Garden Hotel (Recurring)

    Quote Originally Posted by jd426 View Post
    I was booked 9/11 to 9/17, i had to change it last minute to 9/17 - 9/23, another ISCOC member (who I won't name) cancelled that same week.
    Who the fuck was that asshole???? I fucking hate those guys that keep booking trips, have huge countdown threads, and then cancel them because important shit came up!! Fuck them!!

  34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 3somefan For This Useful Post:

  35. #19
[...]

    i take it that you feel i attacked you? well i wasnt attacking you, i said i disagree with you. ive been to the dr 40 times so i know how things work, and regardless of what you say he was booked in that room and the guy bumped him. ive never stayed in the ng and i have nothing against the guy but i just dont feel he was right.

  36. The Following User Says Thank You to swiggy For This Useful Post:

  37. #20
    May 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    10,607
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    73,747
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

    Re: Complaints about the New Garden Hotel (Recurring)

    swiggy,
    na bro, I dont feel you attacked me at all.
    just saying it like I feel it . Were all adults here. Its all good.

    but hear me out,
    example
    Airlines bump people all the time, but they give vouchers so that makes it ok i guess ? , in fact most guys as we know WANT to get bumped.
    But THAT should be illegal, IMO, you have a PAID IN FULL seat, IN ADVANCE, and they sold it to someone Else too ?? WTF ?

    At least in this hotel scenario, they didnt take any of your money yet.
    Do you see what I mean ? You only have a 2 way promise, there is NO "consideration" (thats a legal term). So technically no wrong has been done to you whatsoever. Thats just my opinion.

  38. The Following User Says Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

Bookmarks